I am trying to get my college email account (through Outlook) on to my Passport. All of my other email accounts that I have added have worked fine, but it will not allow my Outlook account to go through.

I go through the "add account" steps and when it gets to "looking up connection information", I get a "Make sure your email address and password are entered correctly (they are). If you're trying to add a work account, make sure your enterprise activation code has not expired. Contact your admin for support."

Thoughts or ideas on how to get this added? On my Android, I had an Outlook app, but I can't find a free one for the Blackberry.

Thanks
    10-17-16 09:57 AM
    Did you get your imap and smtp settings directly from your college? On your college website there might be steps on how to manually configure the server settings. I had to manually input the settings for my college email to work.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 10:08 AM
    If you have the account on another device, try seeing what the server is set to....

I assume this isn't just an outlook.com account, but one that is hosted on their system using your collages domain... if so the server info may be needed.
    10-17-16 10:24 AM
    When you set up the account, what type of email did you try to set it up as: Exchange, IMAP, POP? For an Outlook account, Exchange would be your best option.
    10-17-16 10:34 AM
    You tab on advanced or other and you will see outlook. Then just enter your email and pass and it will work. Otherwise you will need to know the server name and ports.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-16 10:38 AM
    you will need an app password if two factor is by default activated on your office 365...

edit:

server settings should be outlook.office365.com if you are doing it manually.
    10-17-16 10:44 AM
    Being it's a college account, it's probably an exchange account. Those are mega simple to configure.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    10-17-16 08:08 PM
    I second the need to configure using the 'Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync' option. Whether your campus really runs an Exchange server or uses Office365 will determine just how you complete the Domain and Username fields. You should be able to find some specific directions from the campus IT folks that tells you what to do at this point.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 12:54 AM
    Indeed if worst comes to worst, track down the IT guys and ask for the settings.
    10-18-16 07:54 AM
    Indeed if worst comes to worst, track down the IT guys and ask for the settings.

On my old phone I just had it set up through a free Outlook app (which I cannot find for Blackberry). I will try out what you guys have recommended and will get back to you.
    10-18-16 09:26 AM
    On my old phone I just had it set up through a free Outlook app (which I cannot find for Blackberry). I will try out what you guys have recommended and will get back to you.
    Downloading and installing the android outlook app is also an option.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 09:33 AM
    Ya you could install the outlook but that's stupid when the blackberry native mail app is so damn simple, so damn reliable, and so damn bloat free.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    10-18-16 12:25 PM
    Use the native BlackBerry email functions. I agree that you should try selecting Exchange / active Sync. As well, make sure you have the correct settings.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    10-18-16 08:15 PM
    Downloading and installing the android outlook app is also an option.

Posted via CB10
    I tried getting the Android "hack" to work on my phone and in my opinion it is utter garbage. Play Store would not load half the time (get a black screen with a green load bar and then it would just shut down) or if it did work, the few apps I tried to download would not work. Insofar as I know, I had the latest version of the Cobalt files too, so that wasn't it. I just found it not worth my time messing with since I am not a big app person anyway. Given that it's a Microsoft product and how productivity Blackberry is/was supposed to be, I would have thought it would have been available for free on the Blackberry store rather than it being a recurring monthly charge (at leas as far as I was able to figure out).

Regardless, I finally got it working yesterday (natively) and many thanks for everyone's help
    10-19-16 10:29 AM
    I tried getting the Android "hack" to work on my phone and in my opinion it is utter garbage. Play Store would not load half the time (get a black screen with a green load bar and then it would just shut down) or if it did work, the few apps I tried to download would not work. Insofar as I know, I had the latest version of the Cobalt files too, so that wasn't it. I just found it not worth my time messing with since I am not a big app person anyway. Given that it's a Microsoft product and how productivity Blackberry is/was supposed to be, I would have thought it would have been available for free on the Blackberry store rather than it being a recurring monthly charge (at leas as far as I was able to figure out).

Regardless, I finally got it working yesterday (natively) and many thanks for everyone's help
    Cobalt works excellently for me and a lot of people on here. How did you get it to work?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 10:32 AM
    Cobalt works excellently for me and a lot of people on here. How did you get it to work?

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt or Microsoft? I got Microsoft to work because I realized it wanted a Microsoft username and not my campus username - once I figured that out, it worked perfectly. Cobalt - I downloaded and installed the files that were needed (all current) and the programs just didn't load and/or crashed half the time. Again, I'm not really an app person anyway, so it's not that big of a deal and it's more time and trouble than it's worth for me to keep messing with. I've talked to other people who have stability issues with it as well, so I'm just not going to bother with it.
    10-19-16 10:36 AM
    Glad it's working for you. For the benefit of the rest of the community, be sure to add what the resolution to your issue was.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 06:11 PM
    Glad it's working for you. For the benefit of the rest of the community, be sure to add what the resolution to your issue was.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry on the delay, I don't come on here much. I had to change the server name over to home.office365.com and it worked fine. It was defaulting to something different (don't recall what any longer) and that was causing the connectivity issue.
    04-17-17 12:30 PM