08-12-15 04:31 PM
40 12
tools
    I'm not sure if this is a Passport-specific problem, but I use OneDrive exclusively for all my cloud needs. OneDrive is set to automatically upload all pictures and videos to the cloud when taken on the Passport. I also have it set to do this over the mobile network as I don't take too many, but I like the peace of mind of having them backed up.

However.... this seems to work intermittently. Sometimes it will upload, other times not. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. I would say that *most* make it to the cloud, and *some* don't.

Has anyone else had issues with OneDrive on the Passport, or another BB device?
    01-03-15 01:31 PM
    Same here even Box doesn't upload automatically anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:39 PM
    Does this happen with pictures or just videos?
    01-03-15 01:45 PM
    Does this happen with pictures or just videos?
    I don't do many videos, but it doesn't seem to work at all with videos now that I checked.
    01-03-15 02:34 PM
    I don't do many videos, but it doesn't seem to work at all with videos now that I checked.
    The app was crappily developed with a 100mb file size limit. Maybe that's it.
    01-03-15 03:05 PM
    The app was crappily developed with a 100mb file size limit. Maybe that's it.
    That might explain the videos. But what about the 1 MB pictures? This is what pisses me off about the whole BlackBerry ecosystem, things just don't work! This would never happen on iOS without a public outcry.
    MKDS likes this.
    01-03-15 03:08 PM
    I too am having issues. OneDrive will not sync photos at all on my new Classic.

OneDrive constantly says "Last Sync - All files are up to date" but they are not.

There a fix?
    01-24-15 09:43 AM
    Not a problem for me. I don't restrict the uploads to wifi only.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-24-15 10:02 AM
    Not a problem for me. I don't restrict the uploads to wifi only.

Do you have photos/video being normally stored to your SD card or internal phone storage?

I'm using my SD card.
    01-24-15 10:07 AM
    I'm not sure if this is a Passport-specific problem, but I use OneDrive exclusively for all my cloud needs. OneDrive is set to automatically upload all pictures and videos to the cloud when taken on the Passport. I also have it set to do this over the mobile network as I don't take too many, but I like the peace of mind of having them backed up.

However.... this seems to work intermittently. Sometimes it will upload, other times not. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. I would say that *most* make it to the cloud, and *some* don't.

Has anyone else had issues with OneDrive on the Passport, or another BB device?
    I use onedrive but cant say I have noticed any problems my os is 10.3.1.1154
    01-24-15 11:26 AM
    Do you have photos/video being normally stored to your SD card or internal phone storage?

I'm using my SD card.
    All photos and videos are stored to the SD card and are uploaded to One Drive. It's not instant, but very fast, within 2 minutes.
    01-24-15 02:17 PM
    I don't know if this is your problem, but OnDrive only uploads new photos. It doesn't upload older photos on the phone. I haven’t used it lately, so this limitation may have changed.

Just to avoid confusion, are you using the Ondedrive app from BlackBerryWorld or the Android version from the Amazon store?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-25-15 at 08:33 PM.
    01-24-15 02:49 PM
    I don't know if this is your problem, but OnDrive only uploads new photos. It doesn't upload older photos on the phone. I haven’t used it lately, so this limitation may have changed. Robert

Just to avoid confusion, are you using the Ondedrive app from BlackBerryWorld or the Android version from the Amazon store?

Posted via CB10
    That was my problem. I was expecting old photos to sync. I took some new photos today and they are indeed syncing. Thank you.

Also, I am using the BB World OneDrive app.
    01-24-15 03:01 PM
    My One Drive does not open

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 10:16 PM
    My One Drive does not open

Posted via CB10
    In what way does it not open? Does the the app crash? Does it make you login every time? Have you tried accessing your One Drive files through the File Manager? Have you tried rebooting the phone?

01-26-15 11:02 PM
    I open the app and it closes immediately after I sign in. It used to open fine but all of a sudden stopped working. I can access files from the File Manager. It's the app because it does not work on the Classic or the Passport. I have rebooted, deleted it, everything to no avail.
    01-26-15 11:29 PM
    I open the app and it closes immediately after I sign in. It used to open fine but all of a sudden stopped working. I can access files from the File Manager. It's the app because it does not work on the Classic or the Passport. I have rebooted, deleted it, everything to no avail.
    I had mine crash once, recently. Then just yesterday, it made me re-login to access the files. I rebooted the phone and it went back to normal - for now. I wonder if Microsoft has done something to One Drive.

Bfalcon1 likes this.
    01-27-15 07:12 AM
    I have recently got a passport - wow what a great phone, however I am getting the same issue on Onedrive. It lets me log in with my correct credentials, asks me to allow permissions and then returns to the sign on screen saying an error has occurred. I can access it fine via Playcloud and can also access it on my Z10, I wonder if it could be OS related as I have the latest official OS 10.3.0.908 on my passport but have a 10.3.1 leak on my Z10.

Confused.
    02-11-15 06:45 PM
    I cannot get the Android apk version working either!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 02:09 AM
    I have recently got a passport - wow what a great phone, however I am getting the same issue on Onedrive. It lets me log in with my correct credentials, asks me to allow permissions and then returns to the sign on screen saying an error has occurred. I can access it fine via Playcloud and can also access it on my Z10, I wonder if it could be OS related as I have the latest official OS 10.3.0.908 on my passport but have a 10.3.1 leak on my Z10.

Confused.
    Ok so I'm not the only one. I've been using the OneDrive app on my Passport for a while now and just today I noticed it started doing this same thing. After logging in and then accepting the application permissions, it looks like it's about to start but instead the blue login screen pops up again.

My OneDrive still works on my laptop though so it does seem like an app issue. Needless to say, very annoying not being to access my cloud files on my Passport.
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    02-12-15 10:56 AM
    Anyone had any joy with this yet?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 05:16 PM
    I just installed OneDrive yesterday on my Z30 and I am facing same problem - app is asking for login and password and then for permissions and then I get "an error occured, try again later".
    Android version would not even start.
    02-12-15 06:40 PM
    Reminder to get the 100GB bonus storage for 2 years by signing away your privacy by joining Bing Rewards.

For Canadians with VPNs:
    2-Years of 100GB Microsoft OneDrive Storage Free (US VPN or Hola extension required) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

For Americans:
    https://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard

From RFD:

To get this to work on a new Bing Rewards account, try these steps:
    1) If you already have a Microsoft account, proceed to step 2. If you do NOT already have a Microsoft account, sign up here, then proceed to step 2.
    2) Go to https://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard
    3) You will see a page that states, "You are not signed in to Bing Rewards." Go to the bottom of the page and locate the text, "Not a Bing Rewards member? Join now." Click the "Join now" link.
    4) You will see a page that states, "Search Bing. Earn free rewards." Check the box to accept the terms of use, then click the "Try it now, FREE!" button. Sign in, if prompted to do so.
    5) You will see a page that states, "Welcome to Bing Rewards." Locate the "Earn and explore" section, then click on "Free storage. Claim your free 100 GB of OneDrive storage for two years. Ends 2/28."
    6) You will see a page that states, "100 GB of free OneDrive storage for 2 years." Click the "Get my storage" button, and you should be set.

I hope this helps,
    Tofu Vic
    02-12-15 09:04 PM
    So after playing around with the OneDrive app, including hard resetting, reinstalling, etc., I am concluding that the OneDrive app is screwed up.

For now I'm just accessing my OneDrive files through my web browser...
    02-14-15 09:14 AM
    On my Passport I am having an issue with the Onedrive app as well. Can't seems to sign in. This is a new recent problem. My Passport is running the latest official. For now I am just using Playcloud app from BlackBerry store. Great app and seems to work faster anyway. Might be worth a look if you haven't used the native app before.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:22 AM
40 12