I have a new ATT Passport now, and I have updated both the handset software (1.3.10217.2) and the band firmware (10.2.2610.0). It let me update the firmware from the new desktop version (1.3.10218.1). The Passport still can not connect the the mobile android app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:58 PM
    I have a new ATT Passport now, and I have updated both the handset software (1.3.10217.2) and the band firmware (10.2.2610.0). It let me update the firmware from the new desktop version (1.3.10218.1). The Passport still can not connect to the mobile android app.

Posted via B10

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 01:59 PM
    Same here on z10 bluetooth connection is holding this is new just no data transfer. Keeps looking for play services :-(

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:31 PM
    The Desktop app provides some functionality that allows you to use the band without the phone app. However, if Microsoft gave the desktop app as much functionality as the phone apps such as allowing you to manage the tiles or download guided workouts (minus the text notifications and caller ID), then it wouldn't matter so much that you can't pair to the phone.

I've made this comment on the MS Band feedback website. Here is the link: Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: Desktop Apps (1 idea) ? Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band. Ideas can be voted on with the idea that the higher the votes the more chance there is that MS will follow that suggestion. So go to the suggestion and vote! Maybe that will help remove or reduce the reliance on a phone.
    qwertyhgfdsa likes this.
    04-22-15 03:44 PM
    Same here. Band cannot connect and the app is asking for Google Play services.
    05-05-15 06:01 PM
    Hmmm, so the band pairs with my passport but does not connect. I open the app but it won't connect.
    05-21-15 07:52 PM
    I submitted a review on Amazon for the device letting others know that the MS Band app can work with Blackberry 10.
    (copy & paste) http://amazon.com/review/R1IE6BSQ0XF...UvbUpU11686191

I have an original Passport on OS version 10.3.1.1779. The app will install just fine, as you all have seen, but even when the Band pairs with the Passport, the Band app still cannot communicate with the device.

I solved this by uninstalling the Band app first. I already used Cobalt's instructions on how to install Google Play Services in order to use Android apps that require that dependency. Read the instructions here:
    (copy & paste) http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

You can also follow the instructions to install the Google Play Store here:
    (copy & paste) http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/

After installing the above requirements* and adding your Google account to the Blackberry, the Microsoft Band app should be patched according to the instructions found in the first link. After the app is patched, reinstall it. You might want to unpair the Band device from the Blackberry to try syncing again.

*- The Play Store isn't a requirement, but can be used to install apps instead of Snap or some other installer
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-02-15 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Repaired links
    tmf06 likes this.
    06-02-15 12:28 PM
    I submitted a review on Amazon for the device letting others know that the MS Band app can work with Blackberry 10.
    (copy & paste) http://amazon.com/review/R1IE6BSQ0XF...UvbUpU11686719

I have an original Passport on OS version 10.3.1.1779. The app will install just fine, as you all have seen, but even when the Band pairs with the Passport, the Band app still cannot communicate with the device.

I solved this by uninstalling the Band app first. I already used Cobalt's instructions on how to install Google Play Services in order to use Android apps that require that dependency. Read the instructions here:

After installing the above requirements* and adding your Google account to the Blackberry, the Microsoft Band app should be patched according to the instructions found in the first link. After the app is patched, reinstall it. You might want to unpair the Band device from the Blackberry to try syncing again.

*- The Play Store isn't a requirement, but can be used to install apps instead of Snap or some other installer
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Great first post here, helpful & detailed!
    I repaired the links in your post for you. After you have just 10 meaningful posts, you'll be able to post links yourself.

Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!
    06-02-15 04:02 PM
    Thank you very much! I have updated my profile. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do. I'm glad to be here with everyone else, and I hope they find the information in my post to be helpful. Really, all the kudos should go to Cobalt and everyone else who helps to unlock the potential of BB10.
    06-02-15 06:27 PM
    Band pairs, but does not communicate with the app...that has been the problem from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:05 PM
    I'm on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680, and it doesn't sync with my Microsoft Band. My wife has a FitBit Charge, and it syncs beautifully.

The Garmin Vivofit also does NOT sync with BB10 OS. For those of you keeping score on which fitness bands sync:

- Microsoft Band - NO
    - Garmin Vivofit - NO
    - FitBit Charge - YES

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    kylecowan, austriker and tp2386 like this.
    06-04-15 04:15 AM
    (copy & paste) Amazon.com: Alexandria Long's review of Microsoft Band, Small (4M5-00001)

Thanks for the information. I've been holding off on purchasing the Band - good to know the app can be patched.
    06-07-15 10:20 AM
    You're welcome, and thank you, tmf06. The patch is mostly to get rid of the badgering messages regarding Play Services and stop background processes from crashing.

I'm sad to report that lightning did not strike twice with me. Last week I decided to exchange my small Band for a medium one, thus starting all over. I could not get the Health app to sync with the new Band. I did notice that when I still had the smaller one, the Bluetooth profiles registered were "media player control" (AVRCP?) and "serial port" (SPP). When the "media player" profile stopped connecting, Health couldn't find the device. Disconnecting then reconnecting (not re-pairing) Bluetooth resolved the sync issue, which only happened like once or twice ever after successfully setting up the Band.

When trying to set up the new Band, the BT profiles would be present in the BT device details, but I don't believe they were both connecting properly when pairing with the Health app. When I tried again, only "media player control" or "serial port" was present during pairing. I believe both profiles must be registered and connected at the same time while pairing, or Health will not recognize the Band. Or it will "see" the Band but will be unable to transfer data to/from it. I've been trying to Google to see if BB10 itself may have BT profile issues, or specifically with "serial port" since "serial" has difficulty registering during pairing. At least for me.

Sorry for the false hope, all. I did get my Passport and previous Band to talk to each other, so it definitely can be done.
    06-12-15 01:49 PM
    Still no joy with newly pushed 10.3.2 on my ATT Passport.
    06-19-15 02:35 PM
    New Band Firmare today (10.2.2823.0), same problem...will not communicate with phone.
    06-23-15 05:07 PM
    I just ordered one. I have had the unique privelige of having 2 passports. One had the infamous BT issue, this new one has been great, no disconnections ever.

I've been using a borrowed Pebble for the last month and I have liked it, but find the fitness tracking woefully lacking. Figured I would give the band a try (especially since I ordered on Amazon and it's an easy return)

So far the APK I downloaded hasn't crashed (and I haven't done all the google service installs yet). I'll be getting it on Thursday and will give my update then.

I'm running 10.3.2.440 on my unlocked passport.
    06-30-15 11:43 PM
    If you get it working it will be a miracle
    07-01-15 04:58 PM
    I got Polar Loop syncing with Polar Flow, from snap. Works great and does it's job well.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 10:28 AM
    Got the Band today and... doesn't work.

I can connect BT (only media profile shows up).

I ran a SW update using a Moto X I have, so the band has latest software.

I rebuilt the APK which let's me "skip" the connecting to band step and go right into the app, but when I try to sync the band from there (with BT connected) it doesn't work and throws an error.

I'm guessing the fact that it won't give me the SPP profile is probably the issue which is what it would use to communicate all the information.
    07-02-15 01:38 PM
    It is a BT problem that will not be solved with our version of Android. I really want to use the golf feature, but with no pairing BAND is just a workout/step/sleep device that I sync once a day to my CPU.
    07-02-15 01:47 PM
    Yeah, FITBIT works too, but this is a MS Band thread.
    07-02-15 01:48 PM
    Yea. I'm debating now whether I want to keep it or not. I have a pebble too which can do all my notifications, but it's a bit weird to wear two smart watches.

I'm still not sure if I am going to keep it or not, but I have a few weeks to decide. I'm going to test it out and see if I actually like it enough to keep it long enough till this issue is either fixed, or I get switch back to Android.
    07-02-15 01:53 PM
    The New firmware (10.3.3213.0 099R) and Android Software (1.3.10625.4) made no difference...I went through the whole pairing process once again (resetting Band). It acted like it was going to work, but threw up the "Still wearing your Band" error. As a last resort I patched the .apk with Lucky Patcher, which made no difference.

Passport version 10.3.2.440
    07-02-15 01:54 PM
    Since we are tracking fitness apps compability, I'll add my Experience.

Jawbone UP2 : No
    Jawbone UP3 : Yes

My Tech, Finance Musings + Photography: C0020708C
    07-02-15 10:32 PM
    Got a band 2 sync working on my passport. No notifications yet, just got the band and still figuring it out.
    11-26-15 02:11 PM
56 123