Hi all, some help needed please

The microphone on my passport doesn't work during phonecalls. When put on speakerphone it works fine though.

I am not accidentally putting it on mute and am not covering any holes.

I am on version 10.3.2.2474

I have run bbve and it confirms everything is ok so it can't be a hardware issue.

It started up a few weeks back but I didn't notice straight away as thought it was just a bad line for a while until I figured out what was going on.

I have searched the forums and this seems to be a problem for others but no one has come up with a fix?

I live in the UK and bought my phone seconhand, although it was like new, so if it needs to be fixed I don't know where I stand or where to send it if necessary (hopefully not, and I'm pretty certain it can't be a hardware issue)

Please help I'm a newb!!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 01:56 AM
    Exactly the same problem and scenario. Just bought one second hand last night, very clean and sparingly used buy mic isn't working apart from on speaker phone.

As far as I've researched so far, it's a common issue. I've reloaded the OS, used BlackBerry wipe option but nothing worked so far. Most likely it's a hardware issue.

One question, to repair the mic, does the whole motherboard need to be changed or the mic is located externally?

Please keep the thread alive, I don't want to lose this device like this.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 07:09 AM
    Had this happen on a Z30 sent it back to Telus and they replaced it with a refurb.

I was able to take voice notes and use the speaker phone. But the actual phone mic must be different.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:13 AM
    Same here guys, works only on speaker or headphones. One more new thing I noticed is that it does pick up background noises like if you tap on the phone or scratch the other person hears it.... only voice is cancelled. Did wipe and reload of OS but same effect. Passport has 4 mic's one near the slimport, two near the camera at the back and one near the ear speaker and I feel it is cancelling the voice as noise cancellation. Am taking this up with Blackberry directly and keep you'll posted if I get a solution.
    01-12-16 04:15 AM
    Just for curiosity did that happen after an OS update?

That happened me twice after the update.

When I mean twice I mean 2 passports.

I created a post sometime ago.

Regards
    01-12-16 08:35 AM
    Hi Guys, Send it to a local mobile shop who claims to have replaced the microphone at $40. Blackberry doesnt accept this as passport SE isn't launched here. and the problem is solved.
    01-19-16 02:50 AM
    Did anyone tried to disassembly?

Just today I got the same issue, it works in speaker mode .

Already got 2 z30 with this issue

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:10 AM
    has anyone resolved this? Just bought a used passport se and have been using it for about a week, always on Bluetooth, but today I want to answer a call and the mic seems to not be working on the call, it does work over speakerphone and when recording video.
    12-02-16 06:53 PM
    this is for people who are having problems with there microphone not working during calls meaning they cant hear you..i disassembled the passport covered the motherboard with aluminum foil and removed the mic rubber dust cover so it wont melt and usb cover thats also plastic only thing exposed is the microphone ,,i applied heat with a heat gun and used tweezers to pull it up ,,it will come right up quickly no that much heat needed... then i took the lighting charger port from a iphone 5s that has a microphone attached to it ,then i de-soldered the microphone because that one was very similar to the original blackberry passport mic .. i then soldered that onto the blackberry board,, for me this melted and soldered it self very quickly with a heat gun and guess what it worked the mic started to work again and passed all audio voice test i can now make phone calls and they can hear me , and i dont have to talk threw ls speaker phone anymore ... make sure u place it exactly how the original one was and matchup the hole ... ...so remember the microphone from a iphone 5 or 5s lighting port will work to repair your non working blackberry passport mic ..
    01-09-17 05:06 PM
    The passport has 4 microphones,

1 on the motherboard by the USB port as described above
    1 on one of the speaker assemblies
    2 on the back cover by the camera

Here are links to a Russian blackberry repair shop and parts supplier for microphone replacements (and pretty much any other BB part you can think of). I just ordered a new keyboard from them - this company shipped it very quickly, but now at the mercy of russian post to get it here in a timely manner.

Just the microphone:
    https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...BlackBerry/en/

Here is the microphone on the connector for the speaker:
    https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...y_Passport/en/

Here is the entire speaker/microphone assembly:

You can also order a brand new complete motherboard and/or back panel which include the microphones.

Cheers
    01-09-17 06:08 PM
    My mic doesn't work when I am on a call and I put it on speaker if I don't have it on speaker when I am on a call my passport works fine

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 12:48 AM
    Mine has also been finicky recently.

The whole phone has been since the 10.3.3 update. Microphone cut out, random crashes, WeChat stopped responding, Hub flashing..

Seems like BlackBerry is really trying to push us to the Mercury. :P
    01-10-17 06:41 AM
    Mine was doing it even before I updated it to 10.3.3

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 07:33 AM
    Mine has also been finicky recently.

The whole phone has been since the 10.3.3 update. Microphone cut out, random crashes, WeChat stopped responding, Hub flashing..

Seems like BlackBerry is really trying to push us to the Mercury. :P
    Can possibly help you with one thing, the Hub flashing. Do you have Face10 installed? If so delete it and then reinstall. That will fix the Hub issue.

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    01-10-17 03:29 PM
    The passport has 4 microphones,

1 on the motherboard by the USB port as described above
    1 on one of the speaker assemblies
    2 on the back cover by the camera

Here are links to a Russian blackberry repair shop and parts supplier for microphone replacements (and pretty much any other BB part you can think of). I just ordered a new keyboard from them - this company shipped it very quickly, but now at the mercy of russian post to get it here in a timely manner.

Just the microphone:
    https://inforesheniya.ru/aksessuary-...BlackBerry/en/

Here is the microphone on the connector for the speaker:

Here is the entire speaker/microphone assembly:

You can also order a brand new complete motherboard and/or back panel which include the microphones.

Cheers
    Update regarding the Moscow BB repair shop - I received my new keyboard via Russian post airmail -> Canada Post without issues. Fast service and only took 2 weeks to get here. Great resource for new OEM BB parts and service. They also have a catalogue of repair guides for all sorts of bb models.

Cheers

https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...BlackBerry/en/
    01-16-17 06:07 PM
    [QUOTE=chetmanley;12732755]Update regarding the Moscow BB repair shop - I received my new keyboard via Russian post airmail -> Canada Post without issues. Fast service and only took 2 weeks to get here. Great resource for new OEM BB parts and service. They also have a catalogue of repair guides for all sorts of bb models.

Cheers

https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...BlackBerry/en/[/

Is this the only option?
    If i order the parts, anyone in US can fix?
    Can I send my phone to you even?
    I just need it to last until the Mercury!
    01-28-17 05:57 AM