Howdy BlackBerry Peeps!
    So my microphone all of a sudden stopped working on my PPSE, so no-one can hear me - checked it on BBVE expert and definitely broken

Is it a common issue that others have faced and if so, does my phone need repair/return, or would a good clean re-install of the OS do the trick?

Thanks!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Follow Me at @OMGitsRLR
    02-21-16 10:34 AM
    A software issue is a possibility but more likely to be hardware if you haven't made any recent changes to OS. Reload of OS may help but I'd be inclined to be returning the unit if its still under warranty.
    02-22-16 10:26 PM
    A software issue is a possibility but more likely to be hardware if you haven't made any recent changes to OS. Reload of OS may help but I'd be inclined to be returning the unit if its still under warranty.
    Thanks - I've literally only installed a few Android Apps, nothing substantial... - thought that would be the case!
    ...and my has warranty has expired!

02-23-16 03:05 AM
    This just happened to my wife's Z30. Not sure what to do now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 06:39 PM
    Just an update for anyone who's got the same issue - even after a Security Wipe/re-install of the BB10 OS the issue still persists - users on the other end of the phone are unable to hear you

Needless to say, this still works fine if using the hands-free kit

Going to have to sell it on eBay with a disclaimer, by the look of it!

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-15-16 07:59 AM
    Howdy BlackBerry Peeps!
    So my microphone all of a sudden stopped working on my PPSE, so no-one can hear me - checked it on BBVE expert and definitely broken

Is it a common issue that others have faced and if so, does my phone need repair/return, or would a good clean re-install of the OS do the trick?

Thanks!

I had the issue on my q 10 and was an android app as culprit! Factory wipe? Backup first via blackberry link! Check microphone after every droid install. I do. Good luck. Also you mean microphones as passport has four yes look around the camera for all the others, crazy good! No way all four mics would go out!!?

Good Luck, Catch

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:26 AM
    I had the issue on my q 10 and was an android app as culprit! Factory wipe? Backup first via blackberry link! Check microphone after every droid install. I do. Good luck. Also you mean microphones as passport has four yes look around the camera for all the others, crazy good! No way all four mics would go out!!?

Good Luck, Catch

Posted via CB10
    Yep, done that - microphone is definitely gone on device

Follow me on Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM @ 2C1C340C / Proudly Posted via My PERFECT Blue BlackBerry Classic!
    03-15-16 05:31 PM