About the cursor poping up.. I had that problem when I first got the phone, later installed the .1032 or something leak and also learned the fact that double tapping KB brings up the cursor and double tapping again makes it disappear too.. Haven't run into cursor annoyance ever since..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:17 AM
    I have to agree with the OP on the point about the cursor, it shows up unexpectedly when typing and also placement of the cursor using the keyboard is really inaccurate.

I don't know if this is a softwares thing or not, but it seems to me that the keyboard is only useful for scrolling.

In addition to the cursor popping up mid sentence, you also get the unexpected flicking of words or shift, resulting in you are (this are was just inserted out of nowhere) having to correct yourself, this is pretty common.

"Softwares???" the automatic editing of words is also another buggy annoyance. Since its far more wrong than it is right....which is not the case with their virtual kb or even the Q10. Not sure what happened with the Passport loll.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-04-15 05:18 AM
    Got the camera issue only

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    01-04-15 05:19 AM
    IS IT ME...or does PASSPORT have many BUGS/ISSUES....?
    IT IS YOU, to answer your question
    Legal Eagle and Akainzo like this.
    01-04-15 05:29 AM
    Most of the things you mentioned happen to my Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:14 AM
    Most of the things you mentioned happen to my Passport

Posted via CB10
    How about now? What have you done anything to fix those issues?

Passport 10.3.0.1418 -->10.3.1.1154 with 10.3.1.1949 bars for Passport
    Last edited by KorChi_JapThai; 01-05-15 at 02:29 AM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-04-15 07:27 AM
    I have had different issues : mainly in the browser (unresponsive tab menu, unable to open link in another tab), unable to play any media at some times (I believe this happens when I enable Flash).

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:32 AM
    I can concur with points 8 and 11. Everything else is news to me, and pretty shocking, I must say. I'd recommend getting a replacement.

I've been using my PP for about a month now, and I can safely say it's been an absolute delight so far!!

Hope you can get your issues ironed out soon.

NvD
    01-04-15 08:01 AM
    The camera and BlackBerry Assistant is too slow and the swipe to wake feature requires a certain touch and the flick to type word prediction takes a bit of practice to not flick up a comma or colon by mistake.

These are the only issues I have encountered. Some of the quirks are just a matter of practice and getting into a groove with the device.

The camera and assistant slowness might be corrected in a future software update.

I wasn't sure I wanted to keep my Passport for the first few weeks I had it, but eventually I learned how to touch, swipe and flick more effectively. Typing and tapping was not something that came naturally. Passwords with alpha and numeric characters and a few uppercase characters involves pressing letters, long pressing uppercase letters and tapping numbers. Believe it or not, my muscle memory eventually figured this out.

It's an odd device and not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:04 AM
    If you have all these issues, then take the phone back! My phone autofocus was totally whacked. I took it back to Telus, who sent it back to Blackberry for 'repair'. I got a replacement phone and the focus is much better.

If you have THAT many issues, then you obviously have a faulty device, so do what smart consumers do and return it.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-04-15 08:24 AM
    Sounds like a software issue because it's pretty stable over here on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    We are talking about Passports

Via BlackBerry Passport
    01-04-15 08:34 AM
    I got my Passport on the first day it came out from a Telus store. Since then Telus has sent me a couple of updates to the O.S. automatically. It's worked flawlessly right from the start. Not speaking to this case specifically, since I don't know the details, but from what I read on these posts there are a number of people who try to download untested or unofficial updates or operating systems, programs to be able to run android apps that aren't compatible with Blackberry, or phones off eBay or craigslist and then complain that something isn't working right. If somebody gets a phone that doesn't work properly maybe they happened to get a defective one. It happens with every piece of technology. People get BMWs or Mercedes (and iphones and Samsungs) that have problems but that doesn't mean that the entire brand is tainted. Take it back to where you bought it and get a new one if it isn't working. Any reputable provider will replace it.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-04-15 08:58 AM
    Not any problem here...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 09:35 AM
    #8 and #11 only. Very occasionally I will have to do a double/ triple tap to disconnect a call (could be a carrier issue I've heard.)
    This has been a rock solid device for me otherwise and my personal best BB device out of six.
    That's a long list. Get it replaced if you're not the hobbyist type with the updates/ upgrades. You shouldn't be having that many issues.
    01-04-15 10:34 AM
    No problems here except I want the red one!

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 and wincyUt like this.
    01-04-15 11:01 AM
    Other than slow focus camera, under exposure, everything else seem fine in my case. Sometimes it takes quite a few times to wipe to wake up.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 11:19 AM
    IS IT ME...or does PASSPORT have many BUGS/ISSUES....?
    IT IS YOU, to answer your question
    I agree. Before the OP began this thread he should have at least done a wipe and reloaded a clean OS and then tested the device for his list of problems before making any settings changes or adding any apps. If the problems still existed he would know it is a defective device and not a corrupted OS or apps, etc., and the need for this thread would be redundant.

Owning complicated, cutting edge computer devices often brings with them complicated work to get/keep them working properly. If a person is not prepared to put in that effort, maybe a flip phone would be a better solution.

I can't fix the OP's problems, but I can help prevent them (as long as the device is not defective):

Keeping Your BB10 Operating Smoothly
    nappalonia likes this.
    01-04-15 11:43 AM
    2 4 6 a few times so far

CB10 Passporter
    01-04-15 11:57 AM
    Yep, that sounds like a faulty device. #11 is the only one I can really reproduce.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:26 PM
    OP any updates? Are you keeping the phone, seeking replacement, trying what some have suggested? Giving the phone a bit of time? Anything? No?
    01-04-15 01:17 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I've been a BlackBerry user for about ten years. One thing that is very disheartening is when I upgrade to a new device. For some reason the information when transferred from one device to the other has always resulted in errors.

I have read countless complaints about bugs but I assure you its not hardware all the time. Which is a bit overboard when a person has exchanged more than two devices and experiences the same problems.

I know some have entirely other issues. However, I experienced a number of issues transferring data from my Z30 to my Passport. As I had issues transferring from my 9780 to the Z10. I would normally allow several days but when this occurred with my Passport I went a half a day before I wiped my device. The Passport would get extremely hot and ran sluggish. I thought I had a defective device. I tried the device switch app which I thought was a great idea but it would import everything. So I was reduced to just transferring my contacts. But it didn't transfer all the contacts either. I knew it had to be software because the Z10 did the same thing and it wasn't hardware.

I started brand new wiped the device and didn't transfer anything. I imputed over 500+ contacts and downloaded all the apps I needed. This took forever but the device is running perfectly without the issues described here or on other forums.

I urge others to back their devices load what they need and start from scratch. It's annoying but in due time the phone is beautiful. The BB10 OS awesome it is the future. This is an area BlackBerry has to improve upon because I wasted many hours rebuilding my device. Good luck to all.

Posted via CB10 BlackBerry Passport Awesomeness!!!!
    Last edited by rolojr1; 01-04-15 at 05:46 PM.
    Barbareren likes this.
    01-04-15 02:27 PM
    8 and partially 11 - old assistant was much faster. No other issues you have mentioned.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    01-04-15 03:08 PM
    it's just 10.3/10.3.1 being unstable and a sloppy iOS alike UI with brutally slow progress.
    01-04-15 05:19 PM
    Out of ALL those things listed, I only have the camera focus issue and sadly, that's just norm for BlackBerry. They screw the camera up in *some* way in each and every OS build IMO. It's never 'just right'
    Dmessenger and RezzaBuh like this.
    01-04-15 06:27 PM
    I have issues #8 and #11 but then again who doesn't.

The rest of your issues seem like a problem with your device, maybe you should wipe and reload os?

Posted via CB10
    #8 fixed with 1949 latest leak so we know when 10.3.1 is released camera focus is fixed

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 06:43 PM
170 12345 ...