03-04-15 09:36 AM
170 123 ...
tools
    Hello all,

I'm a proud BlackBerry user. Just got the Passport. It has many issues and I'm beginning feel very unsatisfied. I expect more from BlackBerry, especially after all the hype about the Passport.

Below are the issues:

1. Cellular connection drops periodically (no reception, cant use browser or BB Assistant etc...) Have to switch off network connection then turn back on...THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY OTHER BLACKBERRY I'VE HAD......
    2. Try to open an app in BB App World and screen stays black. Have to retry.
    3. Phone app freezes on a rare occasion and numbers go grey and become unresponsive...have to close and re-open or minimize the dial pad and re-open to correct.
    4. Swiping unresponsive at times and need to swipe several times to switch screens or leave hub or close an app etc....
    5. Keyboard doesn't always work when swiping predictive words into sentences or swiping down to view the numbers/symbols. Sometimes you have to re swipe several times for the word to fly into the sentence.
    6. Keyboard does not always scroll either way you turn the phone it won't always work. You can't scroll all the time. Sometimes it doesn't scroll at all...depends what website and even happens in BB Apps and the phone itself. Perhaps the Passport isn't optimized for all websites or apps... Not always responsive. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    7. Screen isn't always responsive to touch to close an app etc...sometimes need to touch it several times to close it. (A common issue)
    8. Camera slow to focus and must re-take pics....
    9. BBM Video is sooooo laggy and slow.
    10. Cursor circle pops up all over the place and flutters unexpectedly.
    11. BB Personal Assistant is soooooo slow you might as well not use it.
    12. Calculator not always responsive to entry...will miss numbers pressed.

These are the main issues I'm experiencing with Passport. I was very excited to get it and happy to show off my new BlackBerry...BUT...this is now becoming very annoying and unless these issues are addressed in 10.3.1 I'm switching phones! Imagine all the enterprise users who bought into this phone only to come across all of these issues...sticking with BlackBerry and purchasing an OS that is not optimized....NOT ACCEPTABLE...AND...BlackBerry cannot afford to release phones that don't work properly. The phone lags in places and has glitches.

I hope BlackBerry is well aware of all of these issues as I am not the only one! I can't justify paying that much for a phone with so many glitches....

Thx
    Last edited by berrytales; 01-04-15 at 12:29 AM.
    The HUB likes this.
    01-03-15 10:17 PM
    No problems here on my passport that you speak of!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:23 PM
    I have issues #8 and #11 but then again who doesn't.

The rest of your issues seem like a problem with your device, maybe you should wipe and reload os?

Posted via CB10
    thedose and leglace1 like this.
    01-03-15 10:30 PM
    10. Cursor circle pops up all over the place unexpectedly or not at all
    Sorry? Are you kidding or what? That's only happen on OS 6/7.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    01-03-15 10:34 PM
    Sorry? Are you kidding or what? That's only happen on OS 6/7.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    Don't even know what that is lol

Posted via CB10
    James St-Pierre likes this.
    01-03-15 10:37 PM
    Get a replacement

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:41 PM
    The only issue I have is the camera focus. Beyond that the passport is phenomenal!

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    01-03-15 10:44 PM
    8 once in a while. None of the others. OS reset sounds in order. Never had these with Z10 either with far lower specs. Definitely very uncommon and not representative of typical experience of Passport or 10.3. A wipe and reinstall might fix your problems. Good luck...

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    01-03-15 10:44 PM
    +1 on #8 and #11. Everything else so far (~1 month) PHENOMENAL!
    01-03-15 10:49 PM
    Sounds like your device is running low on memory. Probably a faulty OS install, but could just as likely be a result of some app you installed.

I'd back up the device, reload the OS, wait 24 hrs and slowly start adding apps back onto device.

Posted via CB10
    mballa1 likes this.
    01-03-15 10:52 PM
    I am with OP on point 1..my older BlackBerry phones were stable over the mobile network but passport is losing data connection and it's becoming a headache now

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:10 PM
    I am with OP on point 1..my older BlackBerry phones were stable over the mobile network but passport is losing data connection and it's becoming a headache now

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a software issue because it's pretty stable over here on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:17 PM
    Sorry but this is my experience and I've read others have the same experience on various postings on the web. I shouldn't have to re install the OS or anything else. It should just work well at this point. After all the hype about productivity etc... this is becoming frustrating and less productive. The data drop outs have occurred with others on BB10 devices on various networks as well. I can't accept that at this point and for the price.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    01-03-15 11:17 PM
    Sorry but this is my experience and I've read others have the same experience on various postings on the web. I shouldn't have to re install the OS or anything else. It should just work well at this point. After all the hype about productivity etc... this is becoming frustrating and less productive. The data drop outs have occurred with others on BB10 devices on various networks as well. I can't accept that at this point and for the price.
    The other side of the issue is the carrier at this point. It's not always the device itself.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:19 PM
    Got mine 7 days ago and was very annoyed at getting blend to work, but since then no issues at all. I even finally figured out the contacts app, which I have found to be more stable here than on my z10.

Maybe you've got a wrong un, get it changed cause this passport is the best BlackBerry I've ever had, I can't put the damn thing down.

Battery is amazing too, just got 36 hours out of it, sure it wasn't fully active but still 36 hrs is 36 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:23 PM
    Hi I appreciate your response but this has happened on various carriers...sounds like it's a BB issue.
    01-03-15 11:25 PM
    I have not had any of the issues you have listed. Maybe 8 and 11 but i don't use them enough for it to be critical. I have no issues with data connection. Are you sure it's not the carrier? What carrier are you on? I've been using the Passport since launch and it has been a workhorse without issue. Also i would check and see if any apps you may have installed are causing the issue. Some android apps have been causing issues it seems.

Posted via CB10
    I only have #8 as my complaint. I've had my Passport 3 months and have no problems. Could your service be related to your provider by any chance? Also do you have the latest update for your phone? Try a hard reset on it to see if that helps, if that doesn't work, as others have said try a wipe and start fresh. Hopefully it works for you, if not return it and get a new one. Also you do get 30 days support from BlackBerry so give them a call. Good luck.
    I'm sorry you've been so unlucky OP. This is not the case for the vast majority of Passport users.

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    maikol77 likes this.
    01-03-15 11:26 PM
    Not doubts that you are experiencing these issues. Yes there are others and thankfully it is a rare thing. There isn't a single smartphone platform that some users experience abnormal behaviors and require an os reset. With my circle of friends it happens more on Android and iOS. This is not just a BRRY issue. I wish you all the best in sorting this out but unfortunately sometimes you can't avoid an os reload.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    01-03-15 11:27 PM
    I can say other than the listed issues I like the phone a lot! BUT that's a lot of issues to ignore. lol
    01-03-15 11:27 PM
    I haven't seen these issues. I suspect you have a faulty device.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:29 PM
    Thanks for all of your replies. I just want BlackBerry to be very aware of these issues and if it is on their end, I would like them to address it. It's not that rare...a number of issues exist.
    01-03-15 11:31 PM
    its impossible to have all this issue in single device unless you have faulty device.
    01-03-15 11:34 PM
    Damn that sucks. Send that bad boy back
    Last edited by mikedolo; 01-10-15 at 02:18 PM.
    01-03-15 11:44 PM
170 123 ...