No issues here at all, thinking you got a dud!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:31 AM
    I have the same #1 issue as Jorge as well. I'm also on rogers.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:20 PM
    The only issue I have is the camera focus. Beyond that the passport is phenomenal!
    Agreed. The camera is essentially useless.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:25 PM
    My phone hangs. A. Whole. Lot. Browser won't stream vine clips in addition to hanging. If I start any app, phone takes the opportune moment to hang. It heats up as well. Don't get me started on the camera. Did I mention that it hangs? My word. 10.3.0.908 was such a catastrophe.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-15 02:35 AM
    My phone hangs. A. Whole. Lot. Browser won't stream vine clips in addition to hanging. If I start any app, phone takes the opportune moment to hang. It heats up as well. Don't get me started on the camera. Did I mention that it hangs? My word. 10.3.0.908 was such a catastrophe.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    I suspect it has something to do with one of the apps you have installed on your phone. Mine is on 10.3.0.908 and don't see any hangs. Did you have an SD card installed too.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-15 03:50 AM
    I suspect it has something to do with one of the apps you have installed on your phone. Mine is on 10.3.0.908 and don't see any hangs. Did you have an SD card installed too.

I removed the SD card. I can't figure out which app it is. Haven't installed more than one since the upgrade.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-15 03:59 AM
    Yeah man that damn cursor is unpredictable at times. Every phone is gonna have a glitch here and there.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 06:36 AM
    Well it seems that I have all the issues at hand with adding a few of mine.

1 txt messaging does not all the time work example the person I message the screen jumps up and down flickering.
    2 BBM when I click on one person, someone else name pops up. If I click my girlfriend name I think I'm typing to her but actually my other friend so I have to be careful.

3 poor battery life as I never know what apps consume so much battery even though they are all closed.

4 the software for rogers 10.3.0.908 buggy as hell

5 I'm on my 3rd passport from rogers and same build same software and same issues.

Fix it or I'm dropping BlackBerry for someone else.

Posted via CB10
    So... you joined CB just so you could complain about this? Interesting.

I don't know what I'm doing right because my PP works just as well, or slightly better than it did on Day 1. Of course I have become more competent at utilizing the PP's many features so that could be it.

I'm on Rogers and have had my PP since launch. Haven't encountered "buggy" software.

Sorry yours is so fraught with problems. I'd have to guess that you either got a faulty unit or you just haven't managed to master the basics.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-05-15 06:40 AM
    I removed the SD card. I can't figure out which app it is. Haven't installed more than one since the upgrade.

Via BlackBerry Passport
    Well since you don't have much stuff on it, why not do a factory reset and start fresh. It could be that the upgrade was not that smooth for you.

02-05-15 06:43 AM
    Hi,

My Blackberry Passport has none of the issues you are describing and it is running 10.3.0.1418 except the slow camera focus that I believe is fixed in latest leaked version
    02-05-15 07:02 AM
    I've had the cursor jumping issue recently in D2G, when I was typing a lot of text (I was writing a research paper, and I wanted to see if I could do it on the Passport - I couldn't). I think the jumpy cursor is a winter static issue. Since the keyboard is essentially electrostatically sensitive, a stray static charge, too weak for the user to notice, could feasibly cause the cursor to jump. I'm going to moisturize my hands more often.

I should note that this jumpiness rarely happens at home - I grow lots of tropical plants, so the humidity in my home is above 50% year round. That's why I think it's static.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-05-15 07:22 AM
    Why not you make a video and show us as your proof! Don't simply complaint in here! I WARN AGAINST YOU SERIOUSLY DUDEE!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 07:40 AM
    Got mine before Xmas, 100% perfect. Hasnt let me down anywhere I have been with it!!1 Belfast ,Dublin, wilds of Donegal, Cork. London, Glasgow, Birminham. Just cant fault the phone, I still carry my Z10 and use it to keep it happy now and then.!!!
    02-05-15 08:52 AM
    I agree I also had issues. The most annoying was the reception when the BB logo constantly dropped out and I could not connect to internet. Also I found that games such as fall down do not work as I don't think it has a proximity sensor on this device because something is not quite right? Also Mireo maps which is brilliant lags and jumps about 10m at a time when navigating rather then smoothly going forward. I was really dissapointed as this is a fantastic device but I had to return it . I had the z30 previous to this but sold it to get the passport. I have now gone back to a q5 and have zero issues. I think I will be forced to get the classic now which is a shame as it is half the spec but I am sure it will be much slicker. I have had may devices across wp 1520 and note 4 but Bb is far superior to get stuff done. It is a great shame the passport has issues as this could unfortunately put a fantastic OS under pressure. Remember WebOs , that was revolutionary but what happened?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-05-15 09:46 AM
    Well since you don't have much stuff on it, why not do a factory reset and start fresh. It could be that the upgrade was not that smooth for you.

I just got my hands on a stable 10.3.1.2243 so I'll try that for now, thanks!
    02-05-15 09:50 AM
    Only issues with mine on your list is the camera. Hoping it's patched up in the next update. Other than that, it's been perfect for me.
    02-05-15 10:17 AM
    Interesting OP. The Passport may not be for everyone, even for some self professed "proud BlackBerry users" such as yourself, but it has been a solid enjoyable experience, and the closest thing to a perfect phone I've ever had. What you have does not sound like the Passport. No phone is without problems, but your list of complaints is beyond. Perhaps it means no Passport for you then. My advice would be for you to get another phone (perhaps another Passport) for your happiness, or for the cure.
    02-05-15 11:45 AM
    Those with issues here have really been unlucky. Except for the well known camera issue, mine has been perfect since October. Hope you get them resolved or find something that works for you!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    02-05-15 02:35 PM
    Good evening everyone can you try using your passport to focus on the palm of your hand held in front of the phone at varying distances and report your results? So far my Passport totally gets the focus wrong at close distances. It only begins to auto focus when my hand is around 12" away. Be sure to try this in good lighting. Any distance closer than that and the it looks like the auto focus turns the imaginary focus ring past where the image is in focus then dials it back till it again misses the correct in focus setting and settles on a blurred setting. It's really horrible. I remember my Z10 being a joy to use to take close up pics. Just the fact that the camera is able to resolve the detail during the faulty autofocus pass shows that the optics are able to focus and resolve detail on near objects. It's just that the auto focus doesn't allow it at all. Even if you tap the screen to focus it almost never focuses on the object in the center of the white box. Even if my hand is the only thing in the frame at varying distances it's just misses the focus and it's all a blur. Can we form a group to officially petition BlackBerry to look into this and fix this for us and others using the correct channels? Look at how fast they responded the sticker by default fiasco.

After this maybe we can try to get them to allow us to have a video out solution that enables us to have full widescreen via slimport without having to resort to Play On.

Update: I've done some further testing and I've compared some pics of my hand in the frame from varying distances between my Passport on 10.3.1.2243 and my Z10 on 10.3.1.2072. I've noticed that the Z10 when on 16:9 can autofocus clearly even if my hand is as close as 2" away. 4" perfect. When set to 4:3 at 2" away it misses the optimal focus settings a little but nowhere near as bad as the Passport. I cleaned the lens of my Passport and lo and behold it's able to auto focus and resolve my hand clearly and sharply at 3" on any aspect ratio setting. It's still very lame compared to the Z10 camera though. For example I held my a few inches in front of the focus square and the ruler was out of focus but the background and foreground were in focus. On the Z10 the ruler was in focus. It seems really hit or miss.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 02-05-15 at 04:27 PM.
    02-05-15 03:58 PM
    I haven't had a chance to do a factory reset, but I read a few things in other posts about the SD card. I had inserted a 32gb at the same time I put my sim in, but had not yet used it for anything. I've removed the card, (yesterday) and the phone APPEARS to better! I haven't been able to duplicate any screen flickering, and the screen itself seems more responsive (much fewer instances of unrecognized swipes)!

Any chance the SD card could have been causing lags and problems?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 05:22 PM
    It has a bunch of bugs. I am experiencing pretty much what OP is. Really dislike losing signal and having to reset. Wish I knew what android app may be causing but if that's a problem they should disable android. I'm certainly not interested in giving up but they do need to get on some of these issues.

P. S. The phone twisting and/warping actually bothers me more than this. I know it will bend back but it can't be good.
    02-05-15 05:46 PM
    It has a bunch of bugs. I am experiencing pretty much what OP is. Really dislike losing signal and having to reset. Wish I knew what android app may be causing but if that's a problem they should disable android. I'm certainly not interested in giving up but they do need to get on some of these issues.

P. S. The phone twisting and/warping actually bothers me more than this. I know it will bend back but it can't be good.
    Twisting and warping? I must have received a stellar unit. Not only have I not had the myriad troubles expressed by some, mine has never twisted or warped. Are you sure you have a Passport?

02-05-15 07:48 PM
    Twisting and warping? I must have received a stellar unit. Not only have I not had the myriad troubles expressed by some, mine has never twisted or warped. Are you sure you have a Passport?

Yep. Carry it in your front pocket. Can turn it back square but doesn't negate it happening.
    02-05-15 08:26 PM
    I am experiencing most of the problems as the original post and also I have the problem with the calculator not picking up on input so that I have to double or triple tap a number. Worst issue has been cellular signal dropping randomly. Spent a bunch of time with my carrier yesterday (MTS in Manitoba) and nothing on their side seems to have made a diff. I also have a Z30 on a 10.3.1 leak which has a major wifi-stability problem (constantly dropping the signal) so i'm hoping that once the official 10.3.1 update is released for pport + others, these will be gone. Quite frustrating. Had zero problems with my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:59 AM
    Re: points 4 and 7 - I raised this month's ago, and included video evidence. It upset a bunch of fanboys, but loads of other people have the same. It's primarily a problem on 10.3.0 - the 10.3.1 leaks don't have it (at least to the same extent).

Probably best steering clear of the 10.3.1 leaks for now however, due to a new 'screen flicker' bug.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:18 AM
170 ... 4567