I'm not sure about cellular data. I work in the subway and I consistently get 4G/LTE in places that other people using other devices dont get. Maybe it's a carrier issue for the data.

Camera isn't really much of a bother but yes it is a little slower than normal.

Only quam I have would be that the music player doesn't rotate when turned sideways. That would be a great add on. Plus dark hub.

Other than that, this phone is a beast!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:21 AM
    This is accurate. 10.3 on my Passport is woefully unreliable. OS 10.2.1 was lightyears ahead in terms of stability and getting things done. Plus...the Calendar app and the Universal Search were gimped in 10.3

Unless BlackBerry makes some big changes, this may be my last BB10 handset...and I was addicted to the Q10. I even tried the Classic, but was unimpressed still.
    Posted via CB10
    Take care and enjoy your new phone platform. Like the others do not have their own share of problems. Lol

#trollingontherise

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 03:35 AM
    I have none of these issues

Posted via CB10
    Lucky guy..

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 04:20 AM
    Sounds like you may want to take your Passport back and get a new one.
    01-09-15 04:35 PM
    Don't be silly. Running unlocked Passport. It has many issues, and you cannot deny how awful the changes have been to the Calendar app and the Universal Search app.

Posted via CB10
    I can't comment on the changes as I wasn't using Blackberry phones for a while before I got the Passport. But which issues specifically are you talking about? Mine has been completely stable!?
    01-11-15 11:18 PM
    I have only experienced 8 and 10

For #8 there is not much you can do. From reading the forums people seem to think this will be better in 10.3.1.

On number 10 I realized I got the fluttering as the cursor is sensitive to the row on which your fingers are on. If you start moving from the letter 'A' and scroll right, if your touch moves up to the row above or below the cursor will move up or down a line, respectively. It takes practice knowing this to control the cursor.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:31 PM
    Hello all,

I'm a proud BlackBerry user. Just got the Passport. It has many issues and I'm beginning feel very unsatisfied. I expect more from BlackBerry, especially after all the hype about the Passport.

Below are the issues:

1. Cellular connection drops periodically (no reception, cant use browser or BB Assistant etc...) Have to switch off network connection then turn back on...THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY OTHER BLACKBERRY I'VE HAD......
    2. Try to open an app in BB App World and screen stays black. Have to retry.
    3. Phone app freezes on a rare occasion and numbers go grey and become unresponsive...have to close and re-open or minimize the dial pad and re-open to correct.
    4. Swiping unresponsive at times and need to swipe several times to switch screens or leave hub or close an app etc....
    5. Keyboard doesn't always work when swiping predictive words into sentences or swiping down to view the numbers/symbols. Sometimes you have to re swipe several times for the word to fly into the sentence.
    6. Keyboard does not always scroll either way you turn the phone it won't always work. You can't scroll all the time. Sometimes it doesn't scroll at all...depends what website and even happens in BB Apps and the phone itself. Perhaps the Passport isn't optimized for all websites or apps... Not always responsive. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    7. Screen isn't always responsive to touch to close an app etc...sometimes need to touch it several times to close it. (A common issue)
    8. Camera slow to focus and must re-take pics....
    9. BBM Video is sooooo laggy and slow.
    10. Cursor circle pops up all over the place and flutters unexpectedly.
    11. BB Personal Assistant is soooooo slow you might as well not use it.
    12. Calculator not always responsive to entry...will miss numbers pressed.

These are the main issues I'm experiencing with Passport. I was very excited to get it and happy to show off my new BlackBerry...BUT...this is now becoming very annoying and unless these issues are addressed in 10.3.1 I'm switching phones! Imagine all the enterprise users who bought into this phone only to come across all of these issues...sticking with BlackBerry and purchasing an OS that is not optimized....NOT ACCEPTABLE...AND...BlackBerry cannot afford to release phones that don't work properly. The phone lags in places and has glitches.

I hope BlackBerry is well aware of all of these issues as I am not the only one! I can't justify paying that much for a phone with so many glitches....

Thx
    Thanks for the summary.
    I have the same issues.
    Many reviews on youtube, like PhoneDog finds the same problems, and concludes this phone was releazed too early, not a final product.
    I really look forward to receive soon an OS update. Lacking features is one thing, but the buggy operations really make my days frustrated!
    01-11-15 11:34 PM
    My Passport is performing quite well, it's a keeper!
    01-11-15 11:37 PM
    By biggest frustration is with the browser. From 10.0 to 10.2.1, BB10's browser was so good that dedicated apps were unnecssary--the browser was better and faster than browsers on other platforms...and indeed my desktop at times! This essentially closed the app gap for me and a lot of users!

But now, I am really missing dedicated apps because the BB10.3 browser is so slow and buggy. I'm trying to manage my Ebay account, and it's an exercise in frustration. Trying to search on Amazon is like pulling teeth. The cursor doesn't register keypresses for 10 seconds at times. I'll type and hit enter to be greeted by half words. The browser has memory leaks that grind it to a halt, even after closing all but one tab, requiring a browser restart. Things like this I find the most frustrating.

The user experience simply isn't better than Android and iOS anymore. It's not smooth anymore. And I'd say it's actually a considerably worse experience than on other platforms in 10.3 on the Passport, actually.

Disappointed but hopeful for 10.3.1 fleet-wide update. But then...nothing will fix the universal search, and nothing will fix the new Calendar app redesign.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:37 AM
    I've experienced many of those but the only one I find noticeable is the camera......so so so so bad, worst camera on a phone I've used

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:57 AM
    Device experience may vary depending on your luck. Is this their new slogan or what? The point is, some have superb experience while others are not. Just hope you are in luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:16 AM
    I agree, the DARK HUB would be really great.

Would be much easier on my eyes!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:31 AM
    I agree, the DARK HUB would be really great.

Would be much easier on my eyes!

Posted via CB10
    Dark Hub and Dark Settings. I hope they bring it with the fleet-wide 10.3.1 update. It can't be that difficult to implement...

I would even accept the hospital gown blue from the text message section's light theme. Just anything not quite so bright as white.

Moving between light and dark panels is pretty harsh on the eyes. Between the hub and text messages in dark theme. Blind me. Just a sign of a poorly themed OS if you ask me. But then what do you do about emails I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:03 PM
    It's the end of the world as we know it!

(Sorry REM)

I have had 25 plus mobile phones over the years including at least ten "Smart Phones". Sure the Passport is not perfect but is still the best phone I have had by quite a margin.

But when you get down to it, it is a phone, nothing but a lump of plastic, metals etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 05:45 AM
    Do you think technicians and programers read this posts?
    I think they should, it's an excellent feedback source.
    01-13-15 11:55 AM
    Do you think technicians and programers read this posts?
    I think they should, it's an excellent feedback source.
    Consider how the took away the Squircle loading animation, BlackBerry has never heard of Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 12:57 PM
    I've had issues with #1 but only the past week - I've also had calls go straight to voice mail when cellular connection was good.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-03-15 02:25 PM
    I do experience 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 & 11 occasionally.

The worst one is the cursor one that sometimes makes me type at the wrong place. I didn't see many on Classic though. Perhaps they have improved the performance on the whole in BlackBerry with latest.

I actually found Classic had better coverage while I was on train even though it had fewer bands.

Other than these hiccups, I'm more satisfied with BlackBerry Passport with its better performance on the whole.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-03-15 02:40 PM
    I get 3,4,5,7,8, and 12. Super embarrassing when I'm trying to show the phone off and I have to swipe up 4 or 5 times before it will work.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 03:13 PM
    Has anyone experiencing these issues wiped it out and tried fresh again? Any success? I'll try it when I get a chance, but am curious how hopeful I should be

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:50 PM
    What is this guy talking about? I never experienced any of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:56 PM
    I have had my passport for a week. After a 3 year hiatus (android user), I'm very happy with this beautiful piece of equipment. Only issues are the Assistant. Even Google had issues at first.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 06:11 PM
    Mine was great at first but has turned into a lemon, use wise. I have more problems than what's listed. A broken flakey hub, browser instability, and crashes requiring daily reboot. Basically not working as a communications tool at all!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:50 AM
    Well it seems that I have all the issues at hand with adding a few of mine.

1 txt messaging does not all the time work example the person I message the screen jumps up and down flickering.
    2 BBM when I click on one person, someone else name pops up. If I click my girlfriend name I think I'm typing to her but actually my other friend so I have to be careful.

3 poor battery life as I never know what apps consume so much battery even though they are all closed.

4 the software for rogers 10.3.0.908 buggy as hell

5 I'm on my 3rd passport from rogers and same build same software and same issues.

Fix it or I'm dropping BlackBerry for someone else.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 10:13 AM
    Yes, it is you...

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    02-04-15 10:15 AM
170 ... 34567