Out of ALL those things listed, I only have the camera focus issue and sadly, that's just norm for BlackBerry. They screw the camera up in *some* way in each and every OS build IMO. It's never 'just right'
    But why they are not learning from old mistakes??Do they don't have a specialized team for the phone camera department? Are they using old lenses or sensors?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:28 AM
    But why they are not learning from old mistakes??Do they don't have a specialized team for the phone camera department? Are they using old lenses or sensors?

Posted via CB10
    It's all software that is screwing up the focus.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:38 AM
    The biggest bug is the keyboard....

I thought I would give it a try, I love the size and the screen but I absolutely hate having to physically press keys rather than just touch them like I do on my Z30. Typing is so much slower and deliberate as a result.

PS I use one hand for typing, can't see the point of trying to teach myself to use both when one hand works so well on the Z30.
    01-05-15 02:30 AM
    I'm with you on #8 but not experiencing the others.

A few times I've had an issue where I wake up the phone and am prompted to enter my password but my keyboard doesn't work. I've done a hard reset and everything is fine.

Other than the camera, the issue I'm most annoyed with is the problems with the Android runtime where an app doesn't close properly. I've had my battery drain in a few hours because of that 3 or 4 times now.

In general, I find this version of the OS (10.3.0.1418) to be one of the 'buggiest' I've used compared to ones I've had on my Z10 and Z30. Not that it makes me want to return the phone since I still love it, but you can bet I'm definitely looking forward to the next release.
    01-05-15 08:30 AM
    Several question remain unasked and unanswered to get to the bottom of this issue.
    • OS Version
    • Carrier
    • Carry over data or do a restore from a previous device
    01-05-15 08:42 AM
    for those of you that have 2 BB10 phones. Load up 10.2.1 on 1 device then load up one of these production releases of 10.3/10.3.1 stability just completely got thrown out of the window. UI is sloppy much like iOS at some points. (Sloppy UI) I'm sure if there were 100+ million people running 10.3.1 (latest production builds) there would be a tumblr for 10.3.1 as well.

I am so use to 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 on my Z30, I didn't even notice. But when I used my friends Z30 on 10.2.1: right whne i picked it up i noticed the responsiveness of the OS and definitely the keyboard blew me away.

With the rate that Chen is going on developing the phone OS. There will be no blackberry phones except in the government and healthcare in a year or 2. This OS was supposed to be out in November and FULLY done. From what i see with 10.3.1.1949 it is nowhere close to be a shipping OS. After using the Classic and Passport for a few days after launch both OS' launched with the phnes were unstable and rushed.
    01-05-15 08:49 AM
    No problems here either....hope you didn't restore from an old phone or something, either that or you got a lemon. With regards to no.11....yeah she's a bit of a snail
    01-05-15 10:53 AM
    I am with OP on point 1..my older BlackBerry phones were stable over the mobile network but passport is losing data connection and it's becoming a headache now

Posted via CB10
    +OP

I don't want to try to sugarcoat anything but did your older BlackBerries use 4G/LTE ?
    My experience with a specific carrier here (SFR) has been horrible ... until I switched in the settings in 3G/2G mode only in several locations.
    (P.S: I've had long tech support with them and they confirmed it was on their side, "sorry for that it'll get better soon").

But the collection of problems OP list is nowhere close to my experience.
    I'd suggest an OS reload (via Link, as the easiest way - don't forget to backup/copy) and if nothing's better, then ask for RMA.
    My 2 cents.

EDITED : as stated below this may have a link with a backup (10.2.x)/restore(10.3.x) problem, OP can you explain if/what you restored ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-06-15 at 01:58 AM.
    01-05-15 12:56 PM
    Closing apps by touching the little x down in the right corner can be a bit tricky since it is so small, and, if you have fingers the size of mine, then your finger touches just off of the x first, and you have to try to close the app again. Sometimes, I don't even have to touch the screen, just get close to it and the screen will react (must be my animal magnetism). Other than that, I really don't have any of those issues, unless I'm in an area where my carrier's signal strength is low. In the area in which I operate, when I get out in the countryside, I have only EDGE capability, and sometimes not even that.
    01-05-15 01:18 PM
    Closing apps by touching the little x down in the right corner can be a bit tricky since it is so small, and, if you have fingers the size of mine, then your finger touches just off of the x first, and you have to try to close the app again. Sometimes, I don't even have to touch the screen, just get close to it and the screen will react (must be my animal magnetism). Other than that, I really don't have any of those issues, unless I'm in an area where my carrier's signal strength is low. In the area in which I operate, when I get out in the countryside, I have only EDGE capability, and sometimes not even that.
    You'll get used to it eventually while closing apps. And I mean you'll be a able to close them the first time.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:25 PM
    Yes I agree with OP too many unresolved glitches. I've always turned away from Iphones but unless BlackBerry makes HUGE improvements, the next phone for me won't be a blackberry.
    Blackberry toll free support number has been most futile. I have had to re explain the issues many times to agents in a foreign land and am no further ahead with the issues almost 2 months later.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:37 PM
    Yes I agree with OP too many unresolved glitches. I've always turned away from Iphones but unless BlackBerry makes HUGE improvements, the next phone for me won't be a blackberry.
    Blackberry toll free support number has been most futile. I have had to re explain the issues many times to agents in a foreign land and am no further ahead with the issues almost 2 months later.

Posted via CB10
    You are better off getting help from people on any BlackBerry forum lol...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:41 PM
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but I've been a BlackBerry user for about ten years. One thing that is very disheartening is when I upgrade to a new device. For some reason the information when transferred from one device to the other has always resulted in errors.

I have read countless complaints about bugs but I assure you its not hardware all the time. Which is a bit overboard when a person has exchanged more than two devices and experiences the same problems.

I know some have entirely other issues. However, I experienced a number of issues transferring data from my Z30 to my Passport. As I had issues transferring from my 9780 to the Z10. I would normally allow several days but when this occurred with my Passport I went a half a day before I wiped my device. The Passport would get extremely hot and ran sluggish. I thought I had a defective device. I tried the device switch app which I thought was a great idea but it would import everything. So I was reduced to just transferring my contacts. But it didn't transfer all the contacts either. I knew it had to be software because the Z10 did the same thing and it wasn't hardware.

I started brand new wiped the device and didn't transfer anything. I imputed over 500+ contacts and downloaded all the apps I needed. This took forever but the device is running perfectly without the issues described here or on other forums.

I urge others to back their devices load what they need and start from scratch. It's annoying but in due time the phone is beautiful. The BB10 OS awesome it is the future. This is an area BlackBerry has to improve upon because I wasted many hours rebuilding my device. Good luck to all.

Posted via CB10 BlackBerry Passport Awesomeness!!!!
    I had this same problem when switching from the Z30 to the Passport. Also, Android Apps wouldn't open after a full resotre. I assumed that what happened was that the Z30's older version of Android Runtime got installed.

I did a factory reset with Link and then just transferred Media, Data and only very few selected Apps data (in most cases I re-downloaded the apps and just started from scratch), making sure to tick off Android Runtime. This solved the problem and now the Passport works quite well.

I've only encountered a minor DLNA bug, where some videos (curiously taken with a Q10 and my Z30) transmitted rather sluggish unto my Smart TV. The workaround though is to open a video which plays properly and then just switch to the one playing sluggishly.

The camera issue mentioned by some does not really bother me. If I want perfect pictures, I'll just buy a professional camera. For the occasional shots, trips and photography most people do, I think the Passport's (and most phone's) cameras do the job. We're just being too picky at times.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    01-05-15 01:47 PM
    I experience #8 depending on the amount of light.

My biggest complaint is the proximity sensor. Many times I'm muting, dialing or ending calls.

My screen lights up when the other person answers or randomly on a call.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-05-15 03:22 PM
    Not too satisfied n happy after switching from Z30 to Passport.
    Facing almost the same issues: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10
    i cant say anything but slightly disappointed.
    the design shape and speed of the processor is amazing.

But i also had this issue: I cant click and open any links from my emails in hub. the emails r like frozen internally to links. even after loading the images, i cant pop open the links. any ideas.
    althou for issues, i think i m gonna give the support services an ear-full.
    01-05-15 08:21 PM
    I am traveling right now in Switzerland and had to reboot the phone because it would not provide data any longer and the emergency call only notification icon was on. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. This could be an issue with the provider, I use an American T-Mobile account.

My browser also just hung and required a restart as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:02 AM
    I felt that a lot of problem are caused by incompatibility with the network provider. Most of you staying in US and Canada will not be experiencing all these glitches, since the network provider are more developed and stable. That is why I hope BlackBerry could improve and make passport a better world phone. I am pretty sure my hardware is a good one. Btw I am using OS 10.3.0.908. There were an error during switched device from 9780 (I know it's an old phone, it will not be flawless). My network provider is Telkomsel Indonesia. I will wait for the update before reloading my os. Wishing to have superb experience like most of you. Mine has been good enough for me though.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:53 AM
    I have the same problems as in the original post.
    Except the BBM, because I don't use it.
    But the rest, I have an issue.
    I have the second Passport already, the first I got exchanged.
    My conclusion is that the keyboard technology is close, but not there yet. The rest... needs better programming.
    01-07-15 05:11 PM
    Swiping to write words is working perfectly in my passport..thank god at least keyboard is reacting to all swipes

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 11:12 AM
    Hello all,

I'm a proud BlackBerry user. Just got the Passport. It has many issues and I'm beginning feel very unsatisfied. I expect more from BlackBerry, especially after all the hype about the Passport.

Below are the issues:

1. Cellular connection drops periodically (no reception, cant use browser or BB Assistant etc...) Have to switch off network connection then turn back on...THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY OTHER BLACKBERRY I'VE HAD......
    2. Try to open an app in BB App World and screen stays black. Have to retry.
    3. Phone app freezes on a rare occasion and numbers go grey and become unresponsive...have to close and re-open or minimize the dial pad and re-open to correct.
    4. Swiping unresponsive at times and need to swipe several times to switch screens or leave hub or close an app etc....
    5. Keyboard doesn't always work when swiping predictive words into sentences or swiping down to view the numbers/symbols. Sometimes you have to re swipe several times for the word to fly into the sentence.
    6. Keyboard does not always scroll either way you turn the phone it won't always work. You can't scroll all the time. Sometimes it doesn't scroll at all...depends what website and even happens in BB Apps and the phone itself. Perhaps the Passport isn't optimized for all websites or apps... Not always responsive. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    7. Screen isn't always responsive to touch to close an app etc...sometimes need to touch it several times to close it. (A common issue)
    8. Camera slow to focus and must re-take pics....
    9. BBM Video is sooooo laggy and slow.
    10. Cursor circle pops up all over the place and flutters unexpectedly.
    11. BB Personal Assistant is soooooo slow you might as well not use it.
    12. Calculator not always responsive to entry...will miss numbers pressed.

These are the main issues I'm experiencing with Passport. I was very excited to get it and happy to show off my new BlackBerry...BUT...this is now becoming very annoying and unless these issues are addressed in 10.3.1 I'm switching phones! Imagine all the enterprise users who bought into this phone only to come across all of these issues...sticking with BlackBerry and purchasing an OS that is not optimized....NOT ACCEPTABLE...AND...BlackBerry cannot afford to release phones that don't work properly. The phone lags in places and has glitches.

I hope BlackBerry is well aware of all of these issues as I am not the only one! I can't justify paying that much for a phone with so many glitches....

Thx
    I have none of these issues

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:48 PM
    Honestly can't confirm any of these. Mine works like a charm and I'm very picky when it comes to mobile phones
    01-08-15 03:05 PM
    I am traveling right now in Switzerland and had to reboot the phone because it would not provide data any longer and the emergency call only notification icon was on. Once I rebooted, everything was fine. This could be an issue with the provider, I use an American T-Mobile account.

My browser also just hung and required a restart as well.

Posted via CB10
    Just out of interest: which provider were you using in Switzerland? If it was Orange: happens to me all the time with every handset I've ever tried. I don't know what their problem is, but even my iPhone 6 Plus loses internet connection on a regular basis on this network.
    01-08-15 03:07 PM
    for those of you that have 2 BB10 phones. Load up 10.2.1 on 1 device then load up one of these production releases of 10.3/10.3.1 stability just completely got thrown out of the window. UI is sloppy much like iOS at some points. (Sloppy UI) I'm sure if there were 100+ million people running 10.3.1 (latest production builds) there would be a tumblr for 10.3.1 as well.

I am so use to 10.3.0 and 10.3.1 on my Z30, I didn't even notice. But when I used my friends Z30 on 10.2.1: right whne i picked it up i noticed the responsiveness of the OS and definitely the keyboard blew me away.

With the rate that Chen is going on developing the phone OS. There will be no blackberry phones except in the government and healthcare in a year or 2. This OS was supposed to be out in November and FULLY done. From what i see with 10.3.1.1949 it is nowhere close to be a shipping OS. After using the Classic and Passport for a few days after launch both OS' launched with the phnes were unstable and rushed.
    This is accurate. 10.3 on my Passport is woefully unreliable. OS 10.2.1 was lightyears ahead in terms of stability and getting things done. Plus...the Calendar app and the Universal Search were gimped in 10.3

Unless BlackBerry makes some big changes, this may be my last BB10 handset...and I was addicted to the Q10. I even tried the Classic, but was unimpressed still.
    Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 03:57 PM
    This is accurate. 10.3 on my Passport is woefully unreliable. OS 10.2.1 was lightyears ahead in terms of stability and getting things done. Plus...the Calendar app and the Universal Search were gimped in 10.3

Unless BlackBerry makes some big changes, this may be my last BB10 handset...and I was addicted to the Q10. I even tried the Classic, but was unimpressed still.
    Posted via CB10
    Again, I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Mine has been completely stable and fast. I've never had a crash and not a single app has closed itself in the 4 weeks I've had the passport. Are there regionally different software versions of the passport?
    01-08-15 10:57 PM
    Again, I really don't know what you guys are talking about. Mine has been completely stable and fast. I've never had a crash and not a single app has closed itself in the 4 weeks I've had the passport. Are there regionally different software versions of the passport?
    Don't be silly. Running unlocked Passport. It has many issues, and you cannot deny how awful the changes have been to the Calendar app and the Universal Search app.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 12:27 AM
170 ... 23456 ...