Sorry but this is my experience and I've read others have the same experience on various postings on the web. I shouldn't have to re install the OS or anything else. It should just work well at this point. After all the hype about productivity etc... this is becoming frustrating and less productive. The data drop outs have occurred with others on BB10 devices on various networks as well. I can't accept that at this point and for the price.
    Yes for such a high end phone more optimization is required and should be flawless. My previous device was q10 and I never had the issue of losing data network. Don't know why passport is having this issue.

Losing mobile data network means a delay in receiving emails and everything the device is designed for..

I hope this will be addressed in 10.3.1 update

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:52 PM
    Sorry? Are you kidding or what? That's only happen on OS 6/7.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    Well, it's happened to me when I was at 10.3.0.xxxx

Passport 10.3.0.1418 -->10.3.1.1154 with 10.3.1.1949 bars for Passport
    01-03-15 10:56 PM
    Try to update with 10.3.1.1154 leaks with 1949 new bars for passport.
    Last edited by KorChi_JapThai; 01-03-15 at 11:14 PM.
    01-03-15 11:00 PM
    As I appreciate the OP frustration... think the wrong approach is being taken... first for the OP to think all devices should work correctly out of the box is simply unrealistic... Have never heard a single device line that has not had some lemons... not good when it happens to be you who gets it... Does not seem the OP is very interested in the help that is being offered.... to simply state the device should work and you should not have to does a dis-service to all the members who took the time to respond and give some answers.... if the point was to simply vent...it is what the OP should have done...in the end... there will be bugs.. but this is another great example of it is happening to me it must be all the devices.....
    01-03-15 11:11 PM
    Absolutely! I love BlackBerry but this has to be addressed.
    01-03-15 11:15 PM
    The only issue I have is the camera focus. Beyond that the passport is phenomenal!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, camera takes 4ever and a day to focus...

PIN:2BF728ED
    01-03-15 11:16 PM
    Hey there, dbmalloy, that's not my intention at all. I've thanked everyone for their responses and I appreciate the comments. I do not assume all devices have issues out of the box but mine does. I wanted to see if others have similar experiences.

Please don't put a negative slant on my posting.

Thx
    Last edited by berrytales; 01-03-15 at 11:51 PM.
    01-03-15 11:18 PM
    +8, +11

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:22 PM
    Just wondering if you are using a screen protector. Could cause the touch issues with the screen.

Regarding the keyboard touch issues, I'm at a loss.

All the other randomness could be you are out of memory, depending on what apps you are running. How many Android apps? What's running in the background?

Have you tried rebooting?

Any chance you could load up BBVE and get us some screen grabs of your CPU and Memory usage over the past 48 hrs?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:37 PM
    Most things you said are true for me. I thought, I will just wait for the update. As I have similar experience with PlayBook before. Thought it's normal for BlackBerry. Are you guys sure, you are not experiencing similar problems?

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:44 PM
    Hi thanks for the tips but my phone is fully charged and I don't leave apps running and rarely play a game. No screen protector. Yes I've rebooted. Most of these issues are intermittent but still noticeable.
    01-03-15 11:45 PM
    Hi thanks for your comment siung6, I said the same thing to myself...I'll wait for 10.3.1 update and hope all is optimized. I'm not going to download a leak.
    01-03-15 11:47 PM
    Just return it dude, and get another Passport, or another type of phone. Yours is obviously broken and will not be fixed by a software update. No other reviews have stated these issues outside of the camera being slow. It sucks that you got a lemon, I bought two Nexus 9 tablets and had to return both due to hardware issues. Ended up buying a Galaxy Tab S 8.4. That's life.
    wincyUt and FairlightRacing like this.
    01-03-15 11:54 PM
    I've only had my Passport a few days and it does have a few quirks. I noticed today that I think when Max Mobile Security is doing a scan in the background my wi-fi gets turned off. I haven't proven this yet. But as soon as the app notified me that the scan was done, my wi-fi was back working. And yes the camera needs help. Otherwise I love my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:08 AM
    For your issue #1 - Same happened to me.
    You just need to change your apn or reset it.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:10 AM
    We now have 4 blackberry passports with zero problems.
    wincyUt likes this.
    01-04-15 12:25 AM
    Absolutely! I love BlackBerry but this has to be addressed.
    Well you could return it and they could send you a working one. That's generally how a company addresses a lemon.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:30 AM
    Hi J_Caloy, all is as it should be in settings. Thanks for the tip though.
    01-04-15 12:37 AM
    what software version are you running .....................that could be to blame
    01-04-15 12:52 AM
    1. Cellular connection drops periodically (no reception, cant use browser or BB Assistant etc...) Have to switch off network connection then turn back on...THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY OTHER BLACKBERRY I'VE HAD......
    ---For me BlackBerry logo often gone missing. When wifi and network both on, then you turned off you network with Wifi still on. BlackBerry logo disapear and will never comeback. (maybe incompatible with my provider)

2. Try to open an app in BB App World and screen stays black. Have to retry.
    ---Mine was an error message and appworld will force close. Turned out caused by my provider's adpop.

3. Phone app freezes on a rare occasion and numbers go grey and become unresponsive...have to close and re-open or minimize the dial pad and re-open to correct.
    ---Most often happen in browser. Happen to other apps as well though.

4. Swiping unresponsive at times and need to swipe several times to switch screens or leave hub or close an app etc....
    ---swipe to wake sometime must do several time. Prefer the button now a days. Compare to PlayBook, PlayBook never fail, passport often fail. Maybe due to the keypad being to close to the bezel.

5. Keyboard doesn't always work when swiping predictive words into sentences or swiping down to view the numbers/symbols. Sometimes you have to re swipe several times for the word to fly into the sentence.
    ---not for me since I seldom use them (as I was answering number 10 suddenly the number symbol fail to appear after multiple swipe, so I came back to wrote this)

6. Keyboard does not always scroll either way you turn the phone it won't always work. You can't scroll all the time. Sometimes it doesn't scroll at all...depends what website and even happens in BB Apps and the phone itself. Perhaps the Passport isn't optimized for all websites or apps... Not always responsive. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
    ---not all apps can be scroll using keypad I think. But apps that should be able to scroll, very seldom not responding to swipe, must close and relaunch apps.

7. Screen isn't always responsive to touch to close an app etc...sometimes need to touch it several times to close it. (A common issue)
    ---the x button is too small I think, have a habit to double taps now

8. Camera slow to focus and must re-take pics....
    ---lack of contrast will not focus basically (too dark or to bright). Sometimes the focus totally fail, must close camera apps and re open. Should solve the problem.

9. BBM Video is sooooo laggy and slow.
    --- seldom used, but tried with PlayBook the orientation is wrong regardless how you hold the passport.

10. Cursor circle pops up all over the place and flutters unexpectedly.
    --- whenever you press enter while using BBM to send message, the circles will always pop.

11. BB Personal Assistant is soooooo slow you might as well not use it.
    --- true, shortcut or typing is mucchhhh faster.

12. Calculator not always responsive to entry...will miss numbers pressed.
    --- never notice this one

In addition to my answer:
    ---my phone has never last for 24 hour.
    ---incompatibility with my provider is bothering me. Like I mentioned on number 1 and 2 answers. It happened that my provider to be the biggest in the country and they did not carry passport. They are pushing android now a days due to declining BlackBerry users.
    --- calendar is funny too, I choose English for my language but the calendar follow my country language, you can see in the pict. Sab stand for Sabtu it's Saturday and Min stand for Minggu which is Sunday.

Regardless all these weaknesses I still LOVE my passport. Still a huge improvement from my 9780 and PlayBook combo. Fine tuning can always be done. Pushing providers to be more compatible with os 10 device could help maintain BlackBerry users in my country!

Cheers

IS IT ME or does PASSPORT have many BUGS/ISSUES? NOT HAPPY!-img_20150104_132928.png

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:13 AM
    Wow that's a long list of problems I have never encountered or maybe one that it is too minuscule to bother me.

You're experience doesn't represent others people experiences. You're already passing judgement on Blackberry by making a bold statement that enterprise users who purchase this phone is a pain deal with and shouldn't get one. Please keep your negative comments to yourself because people can easily call you a troll for that kind of behaviour. Based on your number of post and how you claim you're a proud Blackberry user but you keep suggesting Blackberry is problematic, I feel there's something not genuine about you OP.

I'm glad you moved on and I hope it stays that why. Blackberry isn't for you and don't get another one because nothing seems to satisfy you.

These are the main issues I'm experiencing with Passport. I was very excited to get it and happy to show off my new BlackBerry...BUT...this is now becoming very annoying and unless these issues are addressed in 10.3.1 I'm switching phones! Imagine all the enterprise users who bought into this phone only to come across all of these issues...sticking with BlackBerry and purchasing an OS that is not optimized....NOT ACCEPTABLE...AND...BlackBerry cannot afford to release phones that don't work properly. The phone lags in places and has glitches.

I hope BlackBerry is well aware of all of these issues as I am not the only one! I can't justify paying that much for a phone with so many glitches....

Thx
    Last edited by thymaster; 01-04-15 at 01:50 AM.
    will308, jdesignz and wincyUt like this.
    01-04-15 01:28 AM
    Wow that's a long list of problems I have never encountered or maybe one that it is too minuscule to bother me.

You're experience doesn't represent others people experiences. You're already passing judgement on Blackberry by making a bold statement that enterprise users who purchase this phone is a pain deal with and shouldn't get one. Please keep your negative comments to yourself because people can easily call you a troll for that kind of behaviour. Based on your number of post and how you claim you're a proud Blackberry user but you keep suggesting Blackberry is problematic, I feel there's something not genuine about you OP.

I'm glad you moved on and I hope it stays that why. Blackberry isn't for you and don't get another one because nothing seems to satisfy you.
    maybe there is nothing in the world that he likes
    01-04-15 03:00 AM
    8&11 i have from time to time but nothing that matters to much, and the focus they should/could fix with a future update. And signal on my passport is one of the things I like the most, it is so good compare to others. So should try a reset or go back with your device as it seem it is a faulty one. And a os reset/recovery you have to do from time to time, if you have use Android for longer time then you really get use to resets..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:40 AM
    I am experiencing some of these issues as well.

I have had the mobile network become unresponsive when traveling. The camera issue is well known. The keyboard swipe to scroll does not always work. The swipe up to select a suggested word does not always work or I must try multiple times. I have had the phone become unresponsive as well on rare occasion and sometimes swipe up to minimize the app is slow to respond or does not at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:51 AM
    i have list of bugs in leak 1154 but moest of them are gone when installing bar files.

1. Some like switching from wifi to celluar get BBM logo down but that was on my Z30 (leaked OS) and not with my Passport.

8. The camera is much quicker in daylight with 10.3.1.1949 and in dark area's it's slow to make a picture with flash I must ask people to stand still like the old days, but the quality is great.

11. I agree that it's slower but the information is very up to date and it looks better than iris in searching. but iris is quicker to find something, i mean something which i don't asked

6. scroll up words go wrong when you do it quick , find a slower way, not to slow just be nice to your Phone

9. BBM is not slow it's great and quicker than whatsapp in the Netherlands. That is slow and whatsapp storage everything.

I also hate android using home button or apple and find out that apps were clossed or that I can not use swipe in the google play store or in apps and also the bad speakers, reception from an iPhone 6 aroud 800 euro with a camera that is the best devolpment in years, who do you fool ,o yourself

I like my Passport and lot of things are solved with os 10.3.1 and yes they tested it but still people find new things and they are there to solve it or not (like playbook-give me a new android runtime BlackBerry). Sorry :
    01-04-15 04:57 AM
170 1234 ...