So it looks like both Bell and Telus have held back the 10.3.1 update for the passport. In retrospect, it looks like they tested it, found issues and simply decided not to roll it out. It seems like a sound business decision to me and I'm not sure that bashing them for not having the latest and greatest OS even with bugs is that productive.

While I'd love to see the 10.3.1 operating system upgrade come down for my device, I have to admit I am absolutely thrilled that my carrier did not wreck my daily driver with a problematic update.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-24-15 03:18 PM
    We, as a society, have become so impatient, instant gratification is "required"..........

Good things come to those who wait......

And I am waiting (patiently) for the release from VZW for my '30, works fine now, zero issues since purchase....
    zyad likes this.
    02-24-15 03:35 PM
    So it looks like both Bell and Telus have held back the 10.3.1 update for the passport. In retrospect, it looks like they tested it, found issues and simply decided not to roll it out. It seems like a sound business decision to me and I'm not sure that bashing them for not having the latest and greatest OS even with bugs is that productive.

While I'd love to see the 10.3.1 operating system upgrade come down for my device, I have to admit I am absolutely thrilled that my carrier did not wreck my daily driver with a problematic update.

Posted via CB10
    Have no idea if the issues are wide spread or just limited to a very small percentage of the userbase. But that BlackBerry has acknowledged them, I'm thinking that these carriers that have waited might have saved themselves and their customers a little bit of grief.
    02-24-15 03:35 PM