Perhaps put a screen protector on it as is until screens become available on etailers.

Posted via CB10
    Are there any tempered glass screen protectors available? Would provide a temporary smooth glass-like surface.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 09:07 AM
    How long is the 700km drive, 12 hours I guess? We're there 3 drivers? Just asking.
    10-17-14 09:12 AM
    Nah, man.. that's just beyond reason. Traveling for a phone.. any phone...
    Depends where you live. I drove 300 km to get my Z10. If I'd waited for my local phone dealer to get it for me, I think I'd still be waiting.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-17-14 09:21 AM
    Yes only the glass

But is it possible to replace the glass only?!

Posted via CB10
    I think it will be changed individually. Not sure though. Doesn't own a Passport na. It should not be like that of an iphone.

Posted Via : The Beast 'BlackBerry Z10'
    10-17-14 10:07 AM
    how far did guys in china go for the iphones again... atleast we have blackberry die hards
    10-17-14 10:34 AM
    Are there any tempered glass screen protectors available? Would provide a temporary smooth glass-like surface.

Posted via CB10
    Not that I know of but an oem screen protector would keep things in place for awhile

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 10:39 AM
    yes
    10-17-14 10:59 AM
    I am sorry to read that.
    Unfortunately glass is glass, Gorilla glass or not. Unless you have bullet proofed glass will always shatter and break. And it is not the height but the way it impacts the ground.

The weakest spot is always the corner. A hard cover does wonders for you.

We have a couple stores in our area who are specialized in fixing glass screens on cell phones and tablets. Maybe u have something like that in your area. Though since the Passport is fairly new I doubt they have that screen glass already.

My heart breaks for your friend. It is awful to get the phone you wanted and then something like this happens. I hope you find a solution soon.
    10-17-14 11:00 AM
    That should be a lesson to everyone using a smartphone. Not just because its screen is made of a ballistic glass or something will make you care less for it.
    10-18-14 07:58 AM
    How long is the 700km drive, 12 hours I guess? We're there 3 drivers? Just asking.
    7 hours I think

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:06 PM
    Check out Here's how you disassemble a BlackBerry Passport | CrackBerry.com at least it's a fast fix once he can get a screen. I suspect the excess screen inventory is in short supply since they can't even build them fast enough to meet demand. As others have mentioned a post trauma screen protector might at least make it easier to use. Good thing they still work after a cracked screen it would suck if you couldn't use it at all after a drop like that.
    10-18-14 03:14 PM
    Such a shame; I feel sorry for your friend.
    10-18-14 04:23 PM
    Tempered glass screen protector is available here: MFX BlackBerry Passport Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    mainely_linux likes this.
    10-18-14 07:36 PM
    Did this phone have a screen protector on it?
    The post above with the shattered screen looks like it has a protector on it.
    10-20-14 03:48 PM
    I grip my Passport so tight and am so deliberate when I take it out or put it back into my pocket. I never want this to be me!
    10-21-14 10:34 AM
    I haven't seen a broken blackberry since my curve 8350i. Gorilla glass3 is just a gimmick, then.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by J_R_TheMotorMan; 07-15-15 at 07:30 AM.
    10-30-14 08:46 AM
    Sure wish Otterbox or some other heavy duty case manufacturer would look out for us Passport owners.

Traveling the world on my Passport!
    10-30-14 10:58 AM
    Maybe first Passport Bent yesterday. First one in the world! It bent like an iphone!

Under a tank......while dreaming....

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    10-30-14 11:16 AM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. Phone was in my vest pocket. I bent down to pickup my 1 yr old. The phone came out and fell probably 2-3 feet. Hit the corner. I have the OEM blackberry hard case. It fell right on the hardcase (as designed) but the glass is weak an cracked in the corner. The crack has spread since.

Pretty disappointing...
    I got a squaretrade warranty but the phone phone is so new that local shops don't have any inventory. I could mail it in but who knows how long it will take for them to fix it.

Sad Day
    12-30-14 05:54 PM
    Just finished replacing my screen with one I got from etrade.
    Cost me $150 but the expedited it to me from China to my door in about 2 days.
    Take apart and put together was pretty simple.
    You dont need to take off the battery (held down with super super sticky tape) or the keyboard (held down by two of the tiniest torx screws I have ever seen and impossible to get out without the exact ant sized tool.).

Screen is held down with sticky tape only. Not a single screw holding it to the chassis but you need to remove the ribbon cables back there so taking the circuit board off is a must. I dont think you have to take the middle bezel off either. Use a straight razor to pry the screen up on one side of the front face then continue the job with a credit card. More than enough double sided sticky tape should remain that you can simply put the new screen on and it'll stick just fine. I dont know what they use but its 20x better than 3M double sided tape.

I upgraded from the OEM hardshell case to a SEIDO case. A lot cheaper and Im sure it'll protect better than the crap OEM one I had on. Also ordered the tempered glass screen protector ppl have been talking about from ebay/China as that other one is on eternal backorder.

With that... I think I'm set.

I used the online website MYFIXGUIDE for pics of the phone disasembled so I know what to expect. Go to Home >Guides > BlackBerry Mobile Phone > BlackBerry Passport Teardown.

Good Luck
    01-12-15 10:17 PM
    Just to add as a guide how to replace the screen once you have it.

Only need T4 screwdriver.
    Follow disassembly guide from youtube till the point when they start to remove the battery - it's not needed. Keep the keyboard in place too.
    From that point use either very sharp(thin) knife or a blade and start carefully removing the screen starting from top corner, as this is the place where you will be able to easily see where the border is.
    Slowly work you way around the screen as it's being held by sticky residue all around the edge of the screen with nothing in the middle.
    Stick new screen back on and follow assembly guide and all done.
    Doing carefully whole process take around 1 hour but it's very straightforward.

Used the same supplier as mentioned above - etrade supply.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:45 PM
    Youtube link?

Posted via my White Passport
    08-28-15 11:35 AM
47 12