I have eight email accounts on my Passport along with BBM Facebook Twitter LinkedIn, and Igann in my hub with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    Are you on a passport or a Z30/Z10/Q10/Q5? OS version?
    12-05-14 12:51 PM
    Are you on a passport or a Z30/Z10/Q10/Q5? OS version?

Is that a round about way of asking if he/she is running a leaked OS on their Passport?
    12-05-14 12:56 PM
    It would be better if you have just 1 email account and 7 managers running your businesses

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    A wise alternative to consider! This may hurt to hear but you are probably not as integral to the enterprises as you think you are! Having good people in place, letting them know you believe and trust in them and having regular status meetings will do wonders for your stress level, family life and bottom line.

With that said, how are others running many accounts without those limits?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-05-14 12:58 PM
    Is that a round about way of asking if he/she is running a leaked OS on their Passport?
    Nope. It was me misreading hahaha. My bad, and apologies for the stupid question Calcareer
    12-05-14 12:59 PM

Second thing I noted is how many of you are very annoyingly trying to say that the OP is somehow loopy for wanting so many email accounts. WHO CARES?! That's his/her business. So you're suggesting that the deficiency found in the OS (the limit of account possible) is somehow the fault of the user.

Just ignore your personal opinion on how efficiently the OP runs his/her life and help answer the question.
    I'll say it: OP' s post alludes to control issues which point to a seemingly larger problem than the email limit. Sometimes the answer you get may not be the one you are looking for but it may be the one you need to hear. As virtual strangers, we have an impartial take on this. And granted, some of us are way of base, but some of us are also very observant and experienced. For what it's worth.

Last edited by Elite1; 12-05-14 at 02:36 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-05-14 01:19 PM
    A wise alternative to consider! This may hurt to hear but you are probably not as integral to the enterprises as you think you are! Having good people in place, letting them know you believe and trust in them and having regular status meetings will do wonders for your stress level, family life and bottom line.

With that said, how are others running many accounts without those limits?

I have 8 email on my Passport. I had 9 on my Z10. Never had a problem adding accounts...

RE hiring people it's all good until you realize you need to fulfill payroll and taxes. Many sole proprietors and small businesses don't yet have the income to support that.

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    12-05-14 01:23 PM
    I'll say it: OP' s post alludes to control issues which point to a seemingly larger problem than the email limit. Sometimes the answer you get may not be the one you are looking for but it may be the one you need to hear. As virtual strangers, we have an impartial take on this. And granted, some of us are way of base, but some of us are also very observant and experienced. For what it's worth.

Granted, some of you are way off base, but all of you are delusional and amazingly arrogant if you think you can judge the efficiency of someone's business solutions based on a two paragraph question.
    Last edited by campbecw; 12-05-14 at 01:26 PM. Reason: grammar
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-05-14 01:25 PM
    Second thing I noted is how many of you are very annoyingly trying to say that the OP is somehow loopy for wanting so many email accounts. WHO CARES?! That's his/her business. So you're suggesting that the deficiency found in the OS (the limit of account possible) is somehow the fault of the user.

Just ignore your personal opinion on how efficiently the OP runs his/her life and help answer the question.
    Totally agreed...

It seems like in almost all threads where someone reports a problem or issue or asks about a way to do something, almost invariably the first several posts are the ones that go asking "but why do you need to do it?" "but why do you need to have that many...?" "what's the point of...?"

If I get time, I may actually find the threads on this very discussion board where this pattern shows and link them here to prove my point. Stay tuned - maybe.

I am just so annoyed and tired of those types - they keep popping up EVERYWHERE. I wish there was a way to block their posts from my view.
    If you have and are willing to give an answer, give it, and if not, just move on. The person asking the question is not entitled to an answer, but doesn't need to be questioned about the wisdom of the way he or she does something.

Agreed, and I see your point. Just to drive the point further, if that's the case, the proper way to do it is to actually bring such a larger issue to the attention of the person asking the question and then making suggestions, not going "but why do you need to...?" "what possible use can you have for...?"
    I am sure most people will appreciate suggestions of that nature - I would definitely. But there are these people who don't offer any and all they say is "why do you" and "what's the point of". Those people are doing nothing more than creating pollution on these boards.
    Last edited by Elite1; 12-05-14 at 02:38 PM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-05-14 01:39 PM
    I just want to echo that the PRIMARY reason I use a BB10 phone is the need to manage multiple emails accounts governed by my clients (I'm a small business consultant and appear to my clients' customers as an internal employee.)

Posted via CB10
    OK. That helps! So let me ask you one question. If you were to gain 100 new blue chip clients tomorrow who all want to sign and commit to long term deals with you, how would you manage communication with each of them?

12-05-14 01:48 PM
    I usually have an email account for each of my consulting clients - have two accounts for my own company - then have personal accounts....

Seven email accounts (+ Social Media, etc) is nothing

For a 'Business' phone this is a big fail
    OK... before jumping to conclusions that it's a big fail... do with actually know that there is a limit?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:49 PM
    OK... before jumping to conclusions that it's a big fail... do with actually know that there is a limit?

Posted via CB10
    This was in response to someone's post that there is a limit. So, all BigAl_BB9900 is saying is "if that's the case" then for a business phone this is a big fail.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-05-14 01:52 PM
    But why is there a limit? I think it should continue to work. It could just give warning to users if there's any performance concern only.
    Might be a battery concern ... all those accounts constantly syncing will take a toll on data and battery life.
    12-05-14 02:52 PM
    What is interesting is that some are getting a limit notification, and others -with MORE accounts- are seeing no such message. I guess we need more complete info about OS version and Device model in each case in order to get to the bottom of this

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:06 PM
    What is interesting is that some are getting a limit notification, and others -with MORE accounts- are seeing no such message. I guess we need more complete info about OS version and Device model in each case in order to get to the bottom of this

Posted via CB10
    When I first got my Q10 (well over a year ago) I used the BlackBerry application to migrate from my old BB9900. When I started adding more email accounts (eg new clients), then I got messages saying that I could not add more accounts. I had to delete some rarely used personal email accounts from the Q10, before I was able to add the new client accounts.

I haven't tried re-adding the other personal accounts since (yet, have had a fair few OS upgrades since I originally got the Q10) so who knows.....

To clarify re: someone's question about my previous post - I was stating that if a 'Business' phone is limited to 9 email accounts, then that is a big fail... Like one of the other people posting on this thread, at each of my clients I almost always have one of their email accounts as if I am one of their employees (and sometimes have two, eg one for the big consultancy I am working through, and one for the end-client).

In a perfect world, I'd have about 14 email accounts on my Q10, as well as various IM and Social Networking accounts.

The beauty of the Hub is being able to see all messages when they come in, as well as being able to focus on an individual account.

Maybe I should try again to add some more of my personal accounts onto the phone and see what happens.....
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 12-05-14 at 05:55 PM. Reason: edit
    12-05-14 05:51 PM
    I think I recall something a while back where if you change devices too many times in a year attached to one BBID you will get this error.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-05-14 10:20 PM
    Another value of my BlackBerry 10 phone (Z10 running 10.2) is that I can segregate contacts and calendars among my seven clients, so that if I want to look at my calendar for a single client, I only see meetings I have created or accepted on that particular Exchange server. This really is a core feature of the phone.

At one point I tried auto forwarding all my emails from each domain to a single email account using aliases and segregated folders, but it was very confusing and hard to manage compared to keeping all my communications in their "native" context.

In the course of a typical working day I can send dozens of emails from 7 unrelated domains without confusing myself, my clients, or their clients, while keeping tasks, appointments, and contacts similarly segregated and synched on my clients' servers almost effortlessly. I can also see the big picture in my Hub, Remember folders and Calendar.

Many of my clients are small businesses using Office 365 with Exchange, and the fact that I can work seamlessly as a native user with no IT support required other than initially creating my account is an important part of my value to them as a consultant.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:12 PM
    At the very least you should seriously consider a good administrative assistant.

12-06-14 03:50 AM
    Another value of my BlackBerry 10 phone (Z10 running 10.2) is that I can segregate contacts and calendars among my seven clients, so that if I want to look at my calendar for a single client, I only see meetings I have created or accepted on that particular Exchange server. This really is a core feature of the phone.

At one point I tried auto forwarding all my emails from each domain to a single email account using aliases and segregated folders, but it was very confusing and hard to manage compared to keeping all my communications in their "native" context.

In the course of a typical working day I can send dozens of emails from 7 unrelated domains without confusing myself, my clients, or their clients, while keeping tasks, appointments, and contacts similarly segregated and synched on my clients' servers almost effortlessly. I can also see the big picture in my Hub, Remember folders and Calendar.

Many of my clients are small businesses using Office 365 with Exchange, and the fact that I can work seamlessly as a native user with no IT support required other than initially creating my account is an important part of my value to them as a consultant.

Posted via CB10
    Yep - this is why OS10 is good for business.
    12-06-14 05:58 AM
    On my Passport running 10.3.1 I have 9 email accounts plus BBM, FB, IGrann, etc.
    12-06-14 08:56 AM
    Those wishing to have 2nd or 3rd or Nth Twitter account in their hub should install Blaq or Twittly, problem solved. 4 emails, Gtalk, TW, Blaq, WA, igrann, Lin and 4sqr in my hub work without issues (Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.1151)

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    12-06-14 08:58 AM
    7 email accounts is the problem not the device.

CB10 on my Passport
    *wince*... I have 6 Gmail accounts and a business one.

I am Director of a small business that has 3 retail stores through two companies + personal address and just added a new business address.

It all seems perfectly logical....
    My z10 eats them up the BBPP apparent restriction is disturbing.....as is your lack of faith young Skywalker ( sorry couldn't resist :-). #

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    BigAl_BB9900 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    12-06-14 10:21 AM
    7 email accounts is the problem not the device.

CB10 on my Passport
    Not for the device(s) I use. I am a Business User who needs a Business Tool (not a toy). My assumption is that I am part of BlackBerry's target audience, and that my reasonable Business Needs will be satisfied by a BlackBerry flagship device....

Need to see how this 'account restriction' stuff pans out before I upgrade to the Passport....
    12-06-14 01:12 PM
    Not for the device(s) I use. I am a Business User who needs a Business Tool (not a toy). My assumption is that I am part of BlackBerry's target audience, and that my reasonable Business Needs will be satisfied by a BlackBerry flagship device....

Need to see how this 'account restriction' stuff pans out before I upgrade to the Passport....
    Don't worry: you don't need to justify your business model. If you need more accounts, then you need more accounts, and if the BlackBerry won't let you add more then they've got a big problem.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-06-14 01:27 PM
    OK instead of talking about if and if and if... can someone actually confirm anything? I have like 7 emails on my Z30 and they all work. Also have LinkedIn, Facebook, Evernote, Twitter, Skype... and I am running Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1151

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:34 PM
    I have 12 email accounts plus Lindedin texts. All is fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:42 PM
93 1234