Worse case scenario forward your emails?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:04 PM
    So is that why I am getting this error when launching Twitter and not email.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Maximum account limit reached on Passport-img_20141202_150319.png

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:06 PM
    But why is there a limit? I think it should continue to work. It could just give warning to users if there's any performance concern only.

Posted via CB10
    Drains battery because it won't go into low power sleep mode as often.
    Also probably uses memory.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 02:52 PM
    This befuddles me as well, I have 8 accounts + facebook, twitter, linkedin, my desktop software, a caldav. I just removed a carddav because bb10 has a strange issue with owncloud right now.

That being said, I've never seen that before. (And for those who are wondering, for my young children that have email addresses, I keep on my phone as well. Just so I dont have to worry about them doing something silly, or someone trying to take advantage of them)
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 04:01 PM
    Even when I see your point, nothing in technology is unlimited and by design you need to set a limit, low or high, when programming... so the real discussion as I see it is why the limit is so low for some standards, not the fact that there is, as expect it, a limit
    Posted via CB10
    Hey if you like limited products have at it . The limit does not exist on other devices, if you can't go past 10 with a quad core processor and 3gb ram. That's pretty sad.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    southlander likes this.
    12-04-14 05:23 PM
    I have 16 email accounts and also all of the social media ones as well and it's all working without a hitch?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-05-14 at 11:22 AM.
    12-04-14 06:05 PM
    There are many legitimate reasons why someone may have many email accounts that need to be kept as separate silos. In my case, I own several businesses and have made investments in others where I play an active role.
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:38 PM
    I have 16 email accounts and also aloof the social media ones as well and it's all working without a hitch?

Posted via CB10
    Let's see if someone can top that. I'm tempted to start a bunch of email accounts just to see when I reach a "limit" on my Z30. :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 09:49 PM
    The limit does not exist on other devices
    Of course it does. You just don't know what it is. I Guarantee, though, that you can not have an unlimited number of accounts on any handset.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:52 PM
    Of course it does. You just don't know what it is. I Guarantee, though, that you can not have an unlimited number of accounts on any handset.

Posted via CB10
    But i think the limit might me like in the thousands of not millions...

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    12-04-14 10:27 PM
    But i think the limit might me like in the thousands of not millions...

Posted via CB10
    On what do you base that?

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob likes this.
    12-04-14 10:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yea...that is a claim I would like to see some back up on.

We all know that 86% of all claims of performance are made up on the spot....
    12-04-14 11:05 PM
    I don't think there is a low limit. If you are using a non-official OS, like10.3.1, then you might run into that restriction. I received a similar message earlier at 4 emails and when I restarted my phone, I was able to add more emails account afterward.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:21 PM
    It would be better if you have just 1 email account and 7 managers running your businesses

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    Q10Bold, bungaboy and LoneStarRed like this.
    12-04-14 11:21 PM
    I understand the need for multiple email addresses, but forwarding and aliases can do a lot towards that end.

My ex-wife had multiple personalities, not fun times.
    12-05-14 02:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Simple: there is probably no set limit!

It's just gonna take every single email you configure, one after the other.

Maybe it's gonna slow down the phone, but it's still going to take it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:09 AM
    Is it related to the type of email account? I don't use Gmail, but if I remember correctly, it was a multi step process if you wanted calendars and contacts. Is the contact and calendar connection taking up some of the available accounts? Would an Exchange/Active Sync account allow you to add more emails?

To the OP, how are these accounts setup, POP, IMAP, Exhange?

To the poster with the most email accounts, how are they set up?

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    12-05-14 05:35 AM
    I think you need to consider getting more efficient at whatever it is you do. What the heck could you possibly need seven email accounts for?

Posted via CB10
    I usually have an email account for each of my consulting clients - have two accounts for my own company - then have personal accounts....

Seven email accounts (+ Social Media, etc) is nothing

For a 'Business' phone this is a big fail
    12-05-14 06:24 AM
    Normally when I have multiple email accounts within the same domaine I just create aliases, then I create a rule on the server itself indicating that a email sent to a specific alias can be dumped in a folder with the email alias name. It's 2014 people that still have separate accounts within the same domaine for their emails is stupid that's why aliases where created in the first place. Also having that many accounts would affect battery performance big time.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:50 AM
    It's not that uncommon. I have eight email accounts on my Z30.
    12-05-14 07:38 AM
    If true, I disapprove of this artificial limitation. BlackBerry should just let the user find out the most efficient solution for themselves. Such "hacks" are a blight on software progress.
    12-05-14 10:13 AM
    I just want to echo that the PRIMARY reason I use a BB10 phone is the need to manage multiple emails accounts governed by my clients (I'm a small business consultant and appear to my clients' customers as an internal employee.)

I currently have 7 email accounts that I keep completely segregated, in addition to LinkedIn and Twitter. That's 9 total. I never knew there was a limit, and I would hate to find out that I need to carry a second smartphone if I sign a few more clients.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:51 AM
    So, has anyone found an answer yet? I've read through the comments here and found two things:

It seems that older devices, running 10.2.1 or 10.2 don't seem to have a limit, as folks with the Z30 report the highest number of attached accounts. But perhaps 10.3 (which the Passport or the OP is running) has a limit. And I'd agree that if the limit is as the OP stated, that is very low.

Second thing I noted is how many of you are very annoyingly trying to say that the OP is somehow loopy for wanting so many email accounts. WHO CARES?! That's his/her business. So you're suggesting that the deficiency found in the OS (the limit of account possible) is somehow the fault of the user.

Just ignore your personal opinion on how efficiently the OP runs his/her life and help answer the question.
    Last edited by Elite1; 12-05-14 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Removed offensive bit
    twis, 6120111 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-05-14 12:26 PM
    7 email accounts is the problem not the device.

CB10 on my Passport
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    12-05-14 12:42 PM
    I have eight email accounts on my Passport along with BBM Facebook Twitter LinkedIn, and Igann in my hub with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:49 PM
93 1234