I've encountered a massive frustration that has me ready to return my new Passport (which I've otherwise been loving) unless I can find a resolution.

I've added 7 email accounts to the device plus Facebook, LinkedIn, and Skype and I now get a "account limit reached" when I try to add any additional accounts. I've rebooted the device several times and tested with various email accounts as well as Twitter and had no luck.

I am shocked that a company whose core competency and selling proposition is superior enterprise-grade communication would impose a limitation like this on their flagship device. I never ran into this problem on Android devices or even my old pre OS 10 Blackberries.

Has anyone else dealt with this or found a workaround?

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    12-04-14 02:26 AM
    Do a Google search and you'll find similar findings posted here last year in the forums and on the BlackBerry support forums. Looks like BBOS had a 10 email account limit and BB10 seems to have an 11 email account limit. Others have reported that social media accounts didn't apply to the account limit.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-04-14 02:52 AM
    Maximum account limit reached on Passport-mockit_04122014130119.jpg

Posted via CB10
    iToya, MorgothPT, enik and 8 others like this.
    12-04-14 03:01 AM
    I think you need to consider getting more efficient at whatever it is you do. What the heck could you possibly need seven email accounts for?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 03:05 AM
    But why is there a limit? I think it should continue to work. It could just give warning to users if there's any performance concern only.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    12-04-14 04:05 AM
    WTF 7 email accounts? What do you do for a living?
    12-04-14 04:28 AM
    WTF 7 email accounts? What do you do for a living?
    It's not uncommon for a businessman to own more than 7 businesses.

But that's exactly what the BlackBerry hub is good for. It could manage many accounts in 1 place.

Side track a bit, BlackBerry should support multiple twitter accounts, too.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:39 AM
    Side track a bit, BlackBerry should support multiple twitter accounts, too.

Posted via CB10
    The BB10 Twitter app does, but only the primary account reports to the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 05:26 AM
    Do a Google search and you'll find similar findings posted here last year in the forums and on the BlackBerry support forums. Looks like BBOS had a 10 email account limit and BB10 seems to have an 11 email account limit. Others have reported that social media accounts didn't apply to the account limit.
    But he says he only has 7 email accounts, and 10 total accounts.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:28 AM
    Im using z30 and no problem with my 7 emails, fb, Twitter, linkedin, foursquare, wechat, whatsapp and blaq on my hub.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 05:31 AM
    The BB10 Twitter app does, but only the primary account reports to the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly and that's very weak. We just don't get any notification on secondary accounts. There's really no point not to support multiple primary.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:00 AM
    Sheesh! Im good, I only have 6 email accounts setup. Didn't even know there was a limit.

Blackberry should support multiple accounts of everything not just email. Multiple twitter, facebook and even Skype if it goes native one day.
    I miss good ol days of webOS where you could have multiple Skype accounts on a single device.
    12-04-14 07:06 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I have searched extensively about this and found conflicting information about the limit and whether or not it includes social media accounts, as evidenced by other replies to this thread. I will try calling Blackberry support about this. If they can't supply a resolution, the phone is going back.

There are many legitimate reasons why someone may have many email accounts that need to be kept as separate silos. In my case, I own several businesses and have made investments in others where I play an active role.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:20 AM
    Im using z30 and no problem with my 7 emails, fb, Twitter, linkedin, foursquare, wechat, whatsapp and blaq on my hub.

Posted via CB10
    If my Passport were able to support the same, I'd be in good shape. Are the social media accounts reporting to the hub or are they separate? Are your versions of those apps the native BlackBerry versions or sideloaded Android versions? I'm trying to discern why different people seem to be seeing different limits.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:23 AM
    Is your Passport associated with BES?

I've got 10 email accounts plus all the various social media accounts on my Q10 and haven't run into any problems.
    12-04-14 08:29 AM
    I have 8 email accounts, FB, Twitter, Linkedin, Skype and Foursquare on my Z30 without any issues.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 08:36 AM
    The use case still seems extremely fringe and inefficient. For starters, a single point of contact is more effective for all parties involved, and it's very easy to set up segregation within an account so multiple groups of emails live in their own sphere. However, if you feel that you need that then so be it. Perhaps the Passport isn't for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:38 AM
    The use case still seems extremely fringe and inefficient. For starters, a single point of contact is more effective for all parties involved, and it's very easy to set up segregation within an account so multiple groups of emails live in their own sphere. However, if you feel that you need that then so be it. Perhaps the Passport isn't for you.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. I have a good 20 email addresses. But I also contract and do work for 15 or so companies that have security policies requiring they govern their own email.

Just because it's extreme to you does not mean it isn't a reality for some folks . Maybe if BlackBerry stops basing account restrictions off of 1990's design requirements and learn what a dynamic array is, they might actually stop imposing useless limits. But we all know that won't happen.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    12-04-14 09:47 AM
    Is your Passport associated with BES?

I've got 10 email accounts plus all the various social media accounts on my Q10 and haven't run into any problems.
    My Passport is not associated with BIS. It seems, from feedback in this thread, that Z30 and Z10 users are able to have more total accounts than Passport users which seems odd.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:11 AM
    I have 5 email accounts but I forward my two schhol ones and old Gmail to my current gmail.

All I have set up on my passport are said gmail account and work email.

Try forwarding some of the lesser used addresses to a more popular one, it will save you time of going in and out of different inboxes too (on computer or other crappy non-hub devices)

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    12-04-14 10:33 AM
    I have 10 email accounts configured on my Passport including 2 corporate accounts, 6 gmail accounts and one account each for Hotmail and Yahoo. In addition i have facebook, twitter, linkedIn, Whatsapp, Foursquare, Candid, IGrann, Blaq, Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger also configured without any issue.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 10:35 AM
    OP, maybe try to remove and add the accounts back. Cause you seem like the only one having the problem

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:40 AM
    Even when I see your point, nothing in technology is unlimited and by design you need to set a limit, low or high, when programming... so the real discussion as I see it is why the limit is so low for some standards, not the fact that there is, as expect it, a limit

I disagree. I have a good 20 email addresses. But I also contract and do work for 15 or so companies that have security policies requiring they govern their own email.

Just because it's extreme to you does not mean it isn't a reality for some folks . Maybe if BlackBerry stops basing account restrictions off of 1990's design requirements and learn what a dynamic array is, they might actually stop imposing useless limits. But we all know that won't happen.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 10:54 AM
    My Passport is not associated with BIS. It seems, from feedback in this thread, that Z30 and Z10 users are able to have more total accounts than Passport users which seems odd.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. Running a Passport with 7 email accounts.

Twitter, LinkedIn, facebook, Whatsapp, Foursquare all appear in the Hub without issue.

Might need to wipe and try again?
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 11:21 AM
    I'm running 8 email accounts plus FB, Twitter, Linkedin and Evernote, no error message at this time

Maximum account limit reached on Passport-bbacc1.jpg
    Last edited by TioPepe78; 12-04-14 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added picture
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-04-14 12:34 PM
93 123 ...