I've encountered a massive frustration with my new Blackberry Passport that will determine whether or not I keep the device. It seems that the device can only support 10 total accounts, counting both email accounts, and services like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Skype. This is a ridiculous limitation that I do not recall having on old (pre-BB OS 10) Blackberry devices and certainly not on Android.

Does anyone know of any way to increase or circumvent this limitation (even if it requires some hacking around on the phone)? I cannot believe that Blackberry, as a company that prides themselves on specializing in complex enterprise communications, has a seemingly arbitrary limitation like this in place. I'm also surprised to see so little written about it online which has me concerned that I may have some kind of unique issue impacting my device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    12-04-14 01:18 AM
    You cannot hack around the phone. What you could do is use some Android apps for the stuff you don't need syncing/showing on to the HUB.

There is a limit?

I had Outlook.com, Gmail, 3 hosted email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare. That's 9... I'll see if I can get some more to test...
    12-26-14 05:53 PM
    Limit of 10 what?! Well I am sure software can easily up the limit once looked at.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-26-14 07:21 PM
    There was another thread about this which may have had the solution in it. The title of the thread was similar to this, but may not have been in this forum.

Just from memory, not many were having the problem and it may be fixed by deleting an account and adding it again. The details are in the other thread. It seemed to be related to Gmail or IMAP accounts and not active sync accounts.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:30 PM
    I'm not sure why that is happening to you. I have 15 e-mail accounts on mine. Didn't do anything differently.
    12-26-14 08:00 PM
    I'm not sure why that is happening to you. I have 15 e-mail accounts on mine. Didn't do anything differently.
    Yeah, I just tried adding all accounts under the heaven to my Z30 and managed to get past 10. I did at one though, time face a bug that would not allow me to add specific accounts to my Z30.

Had to use an autoloader to get rid of it.
    12-26-14 08:55 PM
    Shocking that their is a 'Limit' in this day n age there shouldn't be any LIMIT AT ALL.
    12-26-14 08:56 PM
    Maybe you meant limit account associated with BlackBerry protect op?

BlackBerry Passport
    12-26-14 08:59 PM
    I've heard you can only use your BBID 10 times as jump from BlackBerry to BlackBerry but I've never heard of not having more than 10 accounts.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-26-14 09:03 PM
    Shocking that their is a 'Limit' in this day n age there shouldn't be any LIMIT AT ALL.
    But we just debunked the limit theory...

I've heard you can only use your BBID 10 times as jump from BlackBerry to BlackBerry but I've never heard of not having more than 10 accounts.
    Well back on BIS days, such limit of 10 email accounts existed. But they were email accounts. And it was BIS.
    12-26-14 09:04 PM

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    Nope. I've changed BlackBerry 10 phones many times. Sometimes more than 10 times per week.
    12-28-14 08:27 PM
    Nope. I've changed BlackBerry 10 phones many times. Sometimes more than 10 times per week.
    You are talking about switching between the same two or three devices not 10 different devices

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 08:34 PM
    Then you're wiping the phones as you swap. There's documentation station you can't have your BBID on more than 10 devices at once.
    12-28-14 09:49 PM
    I stand corrected. Thanks for explaining.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:54 PM
    Each email account actually appears to add three accounts, EMAIL, CONTACTS & CALENDAR. I recently had to delete three email accounts in order to add one new one, and was determined to understand how something idiotic like that could happen. That's when I realized that deleting the CONTACTS & CALENDAR portions of other accounts actually made room for more email accounts. They really need to address this in an update, why there is limitations like this is beyond me, the data and bandwidth for each item is completely different, so no reason to lump them together in some arbitrary limitation. My next phone will sadly not be a blackberry.
    04-13-16 11:06 PM
    My next phone will sadly not be a blackberry.
    Remember there are reasons that BlackBerry are moving to Android - amongst other issues, maintenance like this made BlackBerry 10 financially unviable for them. So I guess do as BlackBerry have done, and get a droid. I recommend the Nexus 6p.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 04:34 AM