Hello everyone. I am in the market to get a new passport. I have had a BlackBerry 9900 and went to the z10. While the z10 is a great phone honestly I miss having the physical keyboard. Never thought I would ever use an all touch device. I type pretty well on it but I can't stand the fact that I type so many errors on it where the spell check corrects it for me. Anyways I have a few questions for the ones who have had one for a little while.

My first question is where would you recommend I get the passport from? I am looking to get one with a warranty that will cover it if it malfunctions on me and I would like to know how long that warranty will last.

My second question is how is the android app performance on it? I currently own the z10 where the android apps that I have sometimes open and sometimes don't. This is a big deal for me because that is something that irritates me daily. I'm not huge on apps but I do want them to work when I need them.

My final question is since I will be purchasing the passport and I have at&t service will I receive of updates from my carrier? I would hate to be left out if the at&t passport can get their update and I can't get it.

Sorry if these questions are obvious or have been already asked. Just want to make sure I'm making a confident purchase. Thanks in advance everyone.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 06:55 PM
    My first question is where would you recommend I get the passport from?
    Amazon. You get a standard one year from BlackBerry. Anything outside of that would be on your own terms. Plenty of places will sell you device insurance for a small fee.

My second question is how is the android app performance on it? I currently own the z10 where the android apps that I have sometimes open and sometimes don't. This is a big deal for me because that is something that irritates me daily. I'm not huge on apps but I do want them to work when I need them.
    Better than the Z10 but that's mostly because of the OS and the updated runtime on 10.3, plus the additional power in the device. Hard to say really without knowing what apps you expect to work. The tl;dr is that it's still all rather hit or miss but you have a greater chance of a hit on a Passport.

My final question is since I will be purchasing the passport and I have at&t service will I receive of updates from my carrier? I would hate to be left out if the at&t passport can get their update and I can't get it.
    The whole Blackberry needs to wait for carriers is only a half-truth. The devices are still set to use the BlackBerry network as a fallback for updates plus, you'll always be able to upgrade to another carriers OS through several different ways. There's no real reason to worry about a lack of OS updates when really, you can control the updates simply by educating yourself on how to install them.
    12-13-14 07:09 PM
    Amazon. You get a standard one year from BlackBerry. Anything outside of that would be on your own terms. Plenty of places will sell you device insurance for a small fee.

Better than the Z10 but that's mostly because of the OS and the updated runtime on 10.3, plus the additional power in the device. Hard to say really without knowing what apps you expect to work. The tl;dr is that it's still all rather hit or miss but you have a greater chance of a hit on a Passport.

The whole Blackberry needs to wait for carriers is only a half-truth. The devices are still set to use the BlackBerry network as a fallback for updates plus, you'll always be able to upgrade to another carriers OS through several different ways. There's no real reason to worry about a lack of OS updates when really, you can control the updates simply by educating yourself on how to install them.
    Thanks for the reply. I have installed a few OS leaks so I have a little bit of experience with those. I was just wondering about carrier updates or official updates to be specific.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:13 PM
    I jumped from z10 to passport like a week ago.

It's the same difference in performance (including the android performance) as jumping from Toyota Corolla to lamborghini

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As Fu***
    12-13-14 07:24 PM
    I jumped from z10 to passport like a week ago.

It's the same difference in performance (including the android performance) as jumping from Toyota Corolla to lamborghini

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As Fu***
    Thanks for the reply. Roger that sir!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 07:36 PM