Rock on OP. Given how anti BB10 the world has gone I am surprised that some nitwit hasn't dropped a 'TL;DR' yet. That's how they usually respond to any post with multiple paragraphs praising about productivity features of bb10.
    Nothing beats a Passport for business like environment and usage by any stretch of imagination.
    Passport is amazing !!! Thanks for commenting

MKERone - BlackBerry Passport user & lover
    01-17-16 05:35 AM
    Recently I had a meeting with shipping clients in Dubai . I couldnt believe my eyes that the entire sales team consisting of 6 persons was using Blackberry Passport . My daily driver is Passport SE and my second device is the Priv . The visibility of Passport has suddenly increased in UAE . I have converted only two friends to Passport which means nothing . On thing is sure what is seen is sold .
    01-17-16 06:27 AM
    Hi guys

Quick story here.
    One of my friends, long time iPhone user & lover, started his own business a year ago. He is out of the office most of the time and his job requires him to be on top of emails, be on the phone a lot, and browse the Internet. That comes on top of his personal use such as texts, emails, calls etc...

I had dinner with him two weeks ago, and he was telling me he was really behind on his emails because he often needs to send attachments, to edit Excel and Word documents so had to wait to be at the office or at home to catch up from his laptop. Which was making him work extra hours...
    He was also complaining about his battery life. He has such an intensive use that he would have to charge his phone whenever he was in the car, or plug it when in restaurants, airports etc...

He tried an Android for a week but same issues arose.

So I decided to make a demo of my Passport to him.
    Plus, I also am often out of the office and need to have my documents with me to send them out by email and such.
    When I started showing him my phone he was like 'come on, Blackberry ? Are you kidding me ?! '.
    After 30 minutes he took my BlackBerry Passport and started using it, asking me how to do this and that, and asking if doing this and that was possible - to all his questions my replies were: Yes it is possible !

He was also amazed by the keyboard and the incredible speed it enabled to type with word predictions and that little finger movement. And without typos...

He was a bit reluctant when he started looking for apps on BlackBerry World. So I showed him my android apps running perfect and explained to him that most Android apps where compatible with BlackBerry 10.

Two days later he sends me a text message telling me he's been looking for more information on the Web about BlackBerry 10 and the Passport more specifically, and that he ordered a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition !

Basically, what I mean to share here, is my experience. People don't know about BlackBerry 10 and the new BlackBerry phones. They still have this terrible image of old school phones, with keyboards, only made to reply emails...
    And when they get to have it in hands and someone explaining to them how it works and the possibilities BlackBerry 10 offer, they would be just be amazed and as in my friend's case, buy one !

Feel free to comment and share your similar experiences !

Cheers

MKERone
    BlackBerry Passport user & lover

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Passport, makes my business move anywhere, I prefer my passport more than my notebook for work. My transition was from Curve to Q5 to Z30 and finally the Passport the beast of all phablets.

Posted via my favorite Passport
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-17-16 06:45 AM
    Recently I had a meeting with shipping clients in Dubai . I couldnt believe my eyes that the entire sales team consisting of 6 persons was using Blackberry Passport . My daily driver is Passport SE and my second device is the Priv . The visibility of Passport has suddenly increased in UAE . I have converted only two friends to Passport which means nothing . On thing is sure what is seen is sold .
    Yes indeed ! My shipping clients in UAE also use Passport a lot.
    People who use email a lot for work will often go for Passport.

Since you have a BlackBerry OS 10, what do you think about the Priv ? Interested in your feedback

Thanks

01-17-16 09:46 AM
    Blackberry Passport, makes my business move anywhere, I prefer my passport more than my notebook for work. My transition was from Curve to Q5 to Z30 and finally the Passport the beast of all phablets.

Posted via my favorite Passport
    Love how you say it 'the beast' ! You're so right !
    My move was from 9700 to 9900 to Q10 & now THE ABSOLUTE BEAST !!!!

Hope BlackBerry will come with a Passport 2 sometime soon :-)

Thanks for commenting

01-17-16 09:48 AM
    Love how you say it 'the beast' ! You're so right !
    My move was from 9700 to 9900 to Q10 & now THE ABSOLUTE BEAST !!!!

Hope BlackBerry will come with a Passport 2 sometime soon :-)

Thanks for commenting

Passport 2 which will probably be an android phone.
    01-17-16 11:02 AM
    Wait... you can't email attachments on the iPhone? You're kidding me right?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 11:41 AM
    Wait... you can't email attachments on the iPhone? You're kidding me right?

Posted via CB10
    You can but you can't have your folders and files
    Sucks so much !!!!

My colleagues with iPhone always have the docs they need to send the most often in email drafts so they can forward them
    That's terrible !

Maybe you can find an app that does it lol
    On iPhone you need apps for everything

01-17-16 11:55 AM
    I just watched a video on YouTube. I guess they need a workaround to send .PDF files. Wow.
    01-17-16 12:03 PM
    I just watched a video on YouTube. I guess they need a workaround to send .PDF files. Wow.
    Yes ! As incredible as it seems... some people pay a thousand dollars to get a phone they can't do s**t with and need apps for everything...

01-17-16 12:27 PM
    For those iPhone users with file manager issues, I suggest you get Readdle's Documents app, which is not only a file manager but also a PDF viewer and media player. It plays nice with the usual cloud suspects.
    01-17-16 12:36 PM
    nice
    Thanks ;-)

01-17-16 12:54 PM
    For those iPhone users with file manager issues, I suggest you get Readdle's Documents app, which is not only a file manager but also a PDF viewer and media player. It plays nice with the usual cloud suspects.
    Thanks for them... Poor iPhone users...

01-17-16 12:54 PM
    I'll say it again and people on this forum don't like it but......BlackBerry dropped the ball on advertisement and marketing on bb10 JMO.

Blackberry Passport
    Precisely.

That is the other thing that these 'wow' stories illustrate and it's so painfully obvious but often denied.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 02:51 PM
    Precisely.

That is the other thing that these 'wow' stories illustrate and it's so painfully obvious but often denied.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed !
    Just a little more awareness would increase the sales drastically

01-17-16 03:50 PM
    Indeed !
    Just a little more awareness would increase the sales drastically
    Unfortunately, drastically increased sales would only lead to a drastic increase in returns. No amount of advertising in the world will brainwash a app-loving consumer into suddenly not caring about apps anymore. What will happen when Joe Bob gets home with his with new BB10 device and sees for himself what the app situation on BB10 is like? The phone goes back in the box and right back to the carrier.

BB10's lack of an ecosystem makes advertising it a suicidal act. BlackBerry would go broke spending money on ads and then spending even more money dealing with all of the returns if the advertising campaign is successful.
    01-17-16 04:04 PM
    Unfortunately, drastically increased sales would only lead to a drastic increase in returns. No amount of advertising in the world will brainwash a app-loving consumer into suddenly not caring about apps anymore. What will happen when Joe Bob gets home with his with new BB10 device and sees for himself what the app situation on BB10 is like? The phone goes back in the box and right back to the carrier.

BB10's lack of an ecosystem makes advertising it a suicidal act. BlackBerry would go broke spending money on ads and then spending even more money dealing with all of the returns if the advertising campaign is successful.
    I would not expect very high returns but some. Devs would follow the crowd eventually anyway
    01-17-16 04:09 PM
    That would work for me except one thing: my carrier doesn't carry the PassPort. I have never even seen one. So...............
    also i would never lie to a friend and say BB10 has all the apps someone needs. Android apps don't work all that well on my Z30...
    IndianTiwari and fanisk like this.
    01-17-16 05:18 PM

Well, you could put it that way, although a lot of these anecdotes seem to suggest there a a fair few people that need nothing other than perhaps a handful at best of apps for certain things, if any.

Putting the cart before the horse and saying there's no point making and advertising an awesome platform if there are not thousands of apps available for it is basically giving up and saying it can't be done.

So BB have played it safe and and given up it seems.

When someone else produces and is successful with an alternative phone platform in future without an existing app ecosystem in place, then it will be proven that it can be done by people who are determined enough - just like the historical precedents for the same scenario.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 06:12 PM
    Yes indeed ! My shipping clients in UAE also use Passport a lot.
    People who use email a lot for work will often go for Passport.

Since you have a BlackBerry OS 10, what do you think about the Priv ? Interested in your feedback

Thanks

BBRY OS10 IMO remains unparalleled. The reason may be that I am using android phone first time ever. I took Priv only because of my loyaly to Blackberry . Priv is a excellent device technically but I wish it was running BB10 OS. Passport SE is and will always remain my daily driver .
    01-17-16 11:16 PM
    Very cool post. I have to say I have had my Passport SE for about a month. Every time I use it in public I get asked questions about it and get suprised looks when people see it is a BlackBerry. Then I get asked if it s a new model. Shows that BlackBerry marketing blew it on the Passport hopefully they will not make the same mistakes on the Priv. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & retired Z10
    01-18-16 01:27 AM

I think this is a matter of volume.
    If the volume gets higher, app creators will turn back to blackberry and start developping more for BlackBerry OS.
    In the meantime, people can still go an get Android aps.

01-18-16 06:33 AM
    BBRY OS10 IMO remains unparalleled. The reason may be that I am using android phone first time ever. I took Priv only because of my loyaly to Blackberry . Priv is a excellent device technically but I wish it was running BB10 OS. Passport SE is and will always remain my daily driver .
    Thanks for your feedback !

Sridhar M likes this.
    01-18-16 06:39 AM
    I think this is a matter of volume.
    If the volume gets higher, app creators will turn back to blackberry and start developping more for BlackBerry OS.
    In the meantime, people can still go an get Android aps.

It is a matter of volume. BB has lost about 99% of its market share and it is still falling as far as I can tell. I hope a nicely done android skin can save the company.
    01-18-16 12:03 PM
    It is a matter of volume. BB has lost about 99% of its market share and it is still falling as far as I can tell. I hope a nicely done android skin can save the company.
    Would be sad to have BlackBerry saved by Android.
    I love OS 10 so much I really want BlackBerry to keep developing new devices and OS

01-18-16 01:21 PM
55 123