Hi guys

Quick story here.
    One of my friends, long time iPhone user & lover, started his own business a year ago. He is out of the office most of the time and his job requires him to be on top of emails, be on the phone a lot, and browse the Internet. That comes on top of his personal use such as texts, emails, calls etc...

I had dinner with him two weeks ago, and he was telling me he was really behind on his emails because he often needs to send attachments, to edit Excel and Word documents so had to wait to be at the office or at home to catch up from his laptop. Which was making him work extra hours...
    He was also complaining about his battery life. He has such an intensive use that he would have to charge his phone whenever he was in the car, or plug it when in restaurants, airports etc...

He tried an Android for a week but same issues arose.

So I decided to make a demo of my Passport to him.
    Plus, I also am often out of the office and need to have my documents with me to send them out by email and such.
    When I started showing him my phone he was like 'come on, Blackberry ? Are you kidding me ?! '.
    After 30 minutes he took my BlackBerry Passport and started using it, asking me how to do this and that, and asking if doing this and that was possible - to all his questions my replies were: Yes it is possible !

He was also amazed by the keyboard and the incredible speed it enabled to type with word predictions and that little finger movement. And without typos...

He was a bit reluctant when he started looking for apps on BlackBerry World. So I showed him my android apps running perfect and explained to him that most Android apps where compatible with BlackBerry 10.

Two days later he sends me a text message telling me he's been looking for more information on the Web about BlackBerry 10 and the Passport more specifically, and that he ordered a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition !

Basically, what I mean to share here, is my experience. People don't know about BlackBerry 10 and the new BlackBerry phones. They still have this terrible image of old school phones, with keyboards, only made to reply emails...
    And when they get to have it in hands and someone explaining to them how it works and the possibilities BlackBerry 10 offer, they would be just be amazed and as in my friend's case, buy one !

Feel free to comment and share your similar experiences !

Cheers

MKERone
    BlackBerry Passport user & lover

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 06:14 AM
    It is an amazing phone. I'm grateful to be the type of person who doesn't take others' opinions to heart. If I did, I would have never even looked at the passport and return to blackberry.

Now when people ask to see my passport, they love it. Some won't consider it because of the size, some do because it can do things their current phones cannot.

It's about awareness. I really couldn't care if someone knocks me for having a BlackBerry this day and age, but if they are curious, I'm more than happy to answer questions.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 07:36 AM
    I made my wife moved from Nokia to blackberry. 5 years ago, we got Married then she the first time used my 9900. Last year she moved to Z30 and yesterday she got PP Red.

Posted via The Beast Passport Red
    01-16-16 08:08 AM
    True friends don't let friends switch to BB10. That's just cruel.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 08:32 AM
    That's a neat story... once you go black(berry), you can't go back.

Posted via CB10
    kekos, MKERone, Jane23 and 1 others like this.
    01-16-16 09:34 AM
    I'll say it again and people on this forum don't like it but......BlackBerry dropped the ball on advertisement and marketing on bb10 JMO.

Blackberry Passport
    01-16-16 10:07 AM
    If your need for a phone is simply accurate communication, the Passport is the way to go. I use mine for work, after two years of struggling to type product numbers with a touchscreen, the Passport keyboard ended my frustration.

Posted via CB10
    MKERone likes this.
    01-16-16 10:18 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Lol
    01-16-16 10:47 AM
    If I needed a phone for work, a Passport SE is what I would use. I don't, and since it's for play, I use a Note 5. If Google services were ever added to the SE, and not the patched clunky kind, I'd be back on the SE in a heart beat.

Posted via CB10
    stuck_788 likes this.
    01-16-16 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well they actually do if they are good friends !
    Then of course depends on what you need from a phone. If you need a $1000 piece to play useless games and be charging it twice a day, you can go for an iPhone.

If you need a device for business you get a BlackBerry

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:14 AM
    That's a neat story... once you go black(berry), you can't go back.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly !
    Viva BlackBerry

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:15 AM
    I'll say it again and people on this forum don't like it but......BlackBerry dropped the ball on advertisement and marketing on bb10 JMO.

Blackberry Passport
    It's a pity coz BlackBerry 10 is actually the best OS !

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    kekos and Jane23 like this.
    01-16-16 11:15 AM
    If your need for a phone is simply accurate communication, the Passport is the way to go. I use mine for work, after two years of struggling to type product numbers with a touchscreen, the Passport keyboard ended my frustration.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for sharing experience !

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:16 AM
    If I needed a phone for work, a Passport SE is what I would use. I don't, and since it's for play, I use a Note 5. If Google services were ever added to the SE, and not the patched clunky kind, I'd be back on the SE in a heart beat.

Posted via CB10
    As I said, depends on the use you have.
    For playing you could get a PS...

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:17 AM
    I have made wife use a BlackBerry since we got married. Most of my friends use iOS or Android. I don't try to talk them into BlackBerry since needs differ from one to another. I do have a lot of friends because we share BlackBerry as we love it, most of which use Passport now and some of which even became my close friends.

Posted via CB10
    texn884 likes this.
    01-16-16 11:27 AM
    I have made wife use a BlackBerry since we got married. Most of my friends use iOS or Android. I don't try to talk them into BlackBerry since needs differ from one to another. I do have a lot of friends because we share BlackBerry as we love it, most of which use Passport now and some of which even became my close friends.

Posted via CB10
    Nice

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:35 AM
    I think the OP has hit one of the issues pretty accurately really.

BlackBerry 10 is excellent. It's fast, efficient and very good for messaging type needs. For me a physical keyboard is a total winner and I own several other devices too and whilst they're great for faffing around even text messaging is enough to irritate me beyond belief.

The lack of marketing on what makes the BlackBerry and the Passport in particular great in the 10 era has really hurt them, and there's no way to reverse that now, especially with current trends.

The app issue has always been a problem. It hurts Android even when iOS gets priority (seriously, there are still loads of big name and major players with no Android app, or a poor second rate one that lags behind iOS). When you consider that, what chance does an alternative like BlackBerry 10 have, or Windows Phone? Absolutely sod all.

If there was a BlackBerry Passport running Android natively for apps but with as much of the BlackBerry goodness in terms of UI efficiency, which must be possible with effort and a genuine feature matched hub etc, it would become compelling for many more.

As much as I hate it the OP is winning a battle with in a limited scenario, but for a few changes historically BlackBerry could be in a different place altogether.

Between Nokia and BlackBerry, there have been some seriously woeful strategy decisions. The Priv is years too late and the market has been taken by others. Can you imagine had Nokia gone Android and added the brilliant software know how and imaging devices and radio performance ... and BlackBerry Android with security, messaging and so on.

The landscape would be entirely different for both. Samsung wouldn't be the major Android player and apple would have a much harder time.

*sigh*

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 08:00 PM
    I think the OP has hit one of the issues pretty accurately really.

BlackBerry 10 is excellent. It's fast, efficient and very good for messaging type needs. For me a physical keyboard is a total winner and I own several other devices too and whilst they're great for faffing around even text messaging is enough to irritate me beyond belief.

The lack of marketing on what makes the BlackBerry and the Passport in particular great in the 10 era has really hurt them, and there's no way to reverse that now, especially with current trends.

The app issue has always been a problem. It hurts Android even when iOS gets priority (seriously, there are still loads of big name and major players with no Android app, or a poor second rate one that lags behind iOS). When you consider that, what chance does an alternative like BlackBerry 10 have, or Windows Phone? Absolutely sod all.

If there was a BlackBerry Passport running Android natively for apps but with as much of the BlackBerry goodness in terms of UI efficiency, which must be possible with effort and a genuine feature matched hub etc, it would become compelling for many more.

As much as I hate it the OP is winning a battle with in a limited scenario, but for a few changes historically BlackBerry could be in a different place altogether.

Between Nokia and BlackBerry, there have been some seriously woeful strategy decisions. The Priv is years too late and the market has been taken by others. Can you imagine had Nokia gone Android and added the brilliant software know how and imaging devices and radio performance ... and BlackBerry Android with security, messaging and so on.

The landscape would be entirely different for both. Samsung wouldn't be the major Android player and apple would have a much harder time.

*sigh*

Posted via CB10
    More accurate assessments have seldom been seen.
    01-16-16 08:18 PM
    Seriously, if more people out there new how amazing BlackBerry phones can make their experience, I think BlackBerry would be up on top with the other brands. If they'd get their asses out of the iphone and if BlackBerry would do a little better marketing.. it'd be that simple.
    As much of us know, BlackBerry doesn't really offer a great camera and well that would hurt many prospects as I know many would switch if it weren't for the camera.
    Good job dude!

Posted via my Expired Passport
    01-16-16 09:03 PM
    Good job! -- but I think you mean "_persuading_" your friends...

For me, the selling point was Blend. My colleagues have all been impressed with BBM and how we use groups for work, and one of them wanted to know if there was a way to get it on his desktop. I told him that apart from an Android desktop app, he'd have to get a BlackBerry phone. At the time, I was using a Z30, but really liked the AT&T Passport in his local store. I told him if it were me, I'd get the unlocked SE -- and he did! Checking out his SE and noting how he kept his iPhone 5 (on a separate line) around for trips to the gym and other occasions when the SE was a little bulky, I decided to make the jump from the Z30 -- so while I was the longtime BlackBerry user, he was the one who convinced me to get the Passport! I love the Passport, BlackBerry 10, and the Passport kb. It's really nice to have full access to AT&T 's LTE network again, too.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-16-16 10:03 PM
    Lovin my passport. Wish I could get my lady to move to BlackBerry but she never will. She likes her iphone very much and that's fine. She's not a huge phone or gadget person and doesn't use it for work anyhow. At lest I DID get her to install bbm a long while back. That's been nice at least.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 12:48 AM
    Lovin my passport. Wish I could get my lady to move to BlackBerry but she never will. She likes her iphone very much and that's fine. She's not a huge phone or gadget person and doesn't use it for work anyhow. At lest I DID get her to install bbm a long while back. That's been nice at least.

Posted via CB10
    Yes at least she has bbm :-)
    People are often scared to change OS coz they image it will be hard to get used to the new one.

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 04:27 AM
    Good job! -- but I think you mean "_persuading_" your friends...

For me, the selling point was Blend. My colleagues have all been impressed with BBM and how we use groups for work, and one of them wanted to know if there was a way to get it on his desktop. I told him that apart from an Android desktop app, he'd have to get a BlackBerry phone. At the time, I was using a Z30, but really liked the AT&T Passport in his local store. I told him if it were me, I'd get the unlocked SE -- and he did! Checking out his SE and noting how he kept his iPhone 5 (on a separate line) around for trips to the gym and other occasions when the SE was a little bulky, I decided to make the jump from the Z30 -- so while I was the longtime BlackBerry user, he was the one who convinced me to get the Passport! I love the Passport, BlackBerry 10, and the Passport kb. It's really nice to have full access to AT&T 's LTE network again, too.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Not really persuading, because my aim was just to show him how BlackBerry 10 could be helpful for his business. So I just showed to him the device and explained the possibilities. And he persuaded himself. :-)

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-17-16 04:30 AM
    Seriously, if more people out there new how amazing BlackBerry phones can make their experience, I think BlackBerry would be up on top with the other brands. If they'd get their asses out of the iphone and if BlackBerry would do a little better marketing.. it'd be that simple.
    As much of us know, BlackBerry doesn't really offer a great camera and well that would hurt many prospects as I know many would switch if it weren't for the camera.
    Good job dude!

Posted via my Expired Passport
    Camera is great. I don't think iPhone or Galaxy cameras are better...
    BlackBerry should invest more in marketing and advertising. They should use brand ambassadors etc...

MKERone

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    01-17-16 04:32 AM
    Rock on OP. Given how anti BB10 the world has gone I am surprised that some nitwit hasn't dropped a 'TL;DR' yet. That's how they usually respond to any post with multiple paragraphs praising about productivity features of bb10.
    Nothing beats a Passport for business like environment and usage by any stretch of imagination.
    miker476 likes this.
    01-17-16 04:59 AM
55 123