hi.

So basically I'm thinking to make my passport my main device and trade in my Z3, currently Have my BlackBerry as my second and business phone.

Thing is, I previously posted how android apps were causing me serious battery drain, so has the drain issues improved? For me I still feel battery is going much quicker,

I mean, I personally can't use the BlackBerry without a few android apps, also are google apps such as playstore, music etc the only apps which require Googleplay services?

Tnx

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:55 PM
    I use snap and all droid apps work fine on my phone.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    12-11-14 11:01 PM
    I use snap and all droid apps work fine on my phone.

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    And battery drain?

Also any idea about the play series question?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 08:22 PM
    Lots of android apps. Once in a blue moon I have battery drain on android app. A number of my android apps are the most heavily used apps I use like Huffington Post. I leave it open all the time an donce it drained my battery quickly. Will never know why. Rarely does an android app drain the battery. I typically get 2 days battery life and today almost got 3. All mu workmates charger during the day at work. Personally I don't concern myself about battery life on the PP.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    12-12-14 09:22 PM
    I use my passport as practically an android device apart from the hub, and have had no drain at all. I do close frames down however, but still, getting nearly two days battery on average.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 09:28 PM
    It totally depends on the application. Some apps are 'die hard' and simply won't stop or uninstall. The gamebookadventures series in the Amazon store comes to mind, those I had to use Ghost Commander to uninstall. YMMV

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 10:09 PM
    Some other programs also require Google Play Services mainly any app that syncs to your Google account require it. Or any program that you use that requires your permission to access the play services. I came from a Nexus 4 to a the Passport and I find almost all of BlackBerry native apps are just as good if not better then what you get on android. If you do a lot of email and texting then you are going to fall in love with the keyboard. You already have a taste of the BlackBerry Hub so you know how efficient that makes it. BlackBerry maps just as good as Google maps. You may be surprised I found some of the apps I used in on my nexus 4 where available on the Amazon app store. Although I do recommend if you are using the android apps not to leave them running as they do have a battery drain. If use it and close the software you should no problems what so ever.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    12-12-14 10:34 PM
    Avoid the android app battery drainers. There are threads to find out which one causes them. There are app killers available as well if you absolutely need to run the culprit apps

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-12-14 10:35 PM
    Go to the device monitor and then cpu. hold your finger on the app you want to close and menu will pop up to kill the app

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    12-12-14 10:49 PM
    I use a lot of Android apps but my battery lasts me a whole day. I guess it depends on the set of your Android apps.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-13-14 12:00 AM
    Lots of android apps. Once in a blue moon I have battery drain on android app. A number of my android apps are the most heavily used apps I use like Huffington Post. I leave it open all the time an donce it drained my battery quickly. Will never know why. Rarely does an android app drain the battery. I typically get 2 days battery life and today almost got 3. All mu workmates charger during the day at work. Personally I don't concern myself about battery life on the PP.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    Thanks! Haha yes, what is battery drain?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:29 PM
    I use my passport as practically an android device apart from the hub, and have had no drain at all. I do close frames down however, but still, getting nearly two days battery on average.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, will do. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It totally depends on the application. Some apps are 'die hard' and simply won't stop or uninstall. The gamebookadventures series in the Amazon store comes to mind, those I had to use Ghost Commander to uninstall. YMMV

Posted via CB10
    Noted. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Some other programs also require Google Play Services mainly any app that syncs to your Google account require it. Or any program that you use that requires your permission to access the play services. I came from a Nexus 4 to a the Passport and I find almost all of BlackBerry native apps are just as good if not better then what you get on android. If you do a lot of email and texting then you are going to fall in love with the keyboard. You already have a taste of the BlackBerry Hub so you know how efficient that makes it. BlackBerry maps just as good as Google maps. You may be surprised I found some of the apps I used in on my nexus 4 where available on the Amazon app store. Although I do recommend if you are using the android apps not to leave them running as they do have a battery drain. If use it and close the software you should no problems what so ever.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    I see, so apart from the 'google' android apps which ones you know off which require play services?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:30 PM
    Go to the device monitor and then cpu. hold your finger on the app you want to close and menu will pop up to kill the app

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:30 PM
    I use a lot of Android apps but my battery lasts me a whole day. I guess it depends on the set of your Android apps.

Apparently So, I'm going to keep an eye for sure

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:31 PM
    Avoid the android app battery drainers. There are threads to find out which one causes them. There are app killers available as well if you absolutely need to run the culprit apps

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    Tnx, any thread in particular I should look at?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:33 PM
    Lots of apps have BBM integration by default, such as CB, which use lots of battery but mostly useless even if you use BBM. You can go to settings, security and privacy, application permission, then go through all the apps there and disable "connect to BBM "setting.

12-15-14 11:53 PM