Good morning, all.

So, yesterday I decided, after some thought that I'm going to pull the trigger on this blackberry passport I found on Craigslist that's too good to pass up. $400 for a literally brand new, unused device with the box and everything (too big for he seller's hands). I've been eyeing the passport for some time, and this opportunity is too good to pass up.

One thing I haven't really found a definitive answer for is options for video chatting with other device platforms.

For instance, the Lady and I enjoy using hangouts to video chat twice a week or so since we are currently living in different cities. Since hangouts is a no-go on blackberry, could anybody provide any insight on any alternative apps that may provide the same service?

If not, could I just as easily swap the nano Sim card back to my M8 just for Hangout video chats then back to the PP without any hassle?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to seeing what blackberry and the passport are all about!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-14 12:14 PM
    Skype works

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:18 PM
    Good morning, all.

So, yesterday I decided, after some thought that I'm going to pull the trigger on this blackberry passport I found on Craigslist that's too good to pass up. $400 for a literally brand new, unused device with the box and everything (too big for he seller's hands). I've been eyeing the passport for some time, and this opportunity is too good to pass up.

One thing I haven't really found a definitive answer for is options for video chatting with other device platforms.

For instance, the Lady and I enjoy using hangouts to video chat twice a week or so since we are currently living in different cities. Since hangouts is a no-go on blackberry, could anybody provide any insight on any alternative apps that may provide the same service?

If not, could I just as easily swap the nano Sim card back to my M8 just for Hangout video chats then back to the PP without any hassle?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to seeing what blackberry and the passport are all about!

Hey,
    Hangouts is not supported as you said, but Bbm video/ voice is an amazing alternative which you should try.
    Limitation with BBM is the other person also needs to have a BlackBerry 10 device for VIDEO (voice is cross platform).
    VIBER, Skype are there, so is WeChat.
    And yes, you can swap your sim to M8 anytime but you won't since the quality of BBM is far better than Hangouts.

Enjoy your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:22 PM
    Lemme guess location SD : ).

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 12:22 PM
    Sim swapping is not a problem at all. Enjoy the pp

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-14-14 12:32 PM
    Lemme guess location SD : ).

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, might this be the seller?!

12-14-14 12:54 PM
    No... I actually inquired myself and was on the fence. Unfortunately I decided to wait it out with the carrier as my work covers my phone expenses through ATT.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 01:14 PM
    Sim swapping is not a problem at all. Enjoy the pp

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Good to hear. I'll probably just do this since she doesn't have a BB device to utilize BBM video chat.

12-14-14 02:12 PM