Anyone toyed around with the idea of mixing a Red Passports frame with the Black version? Can we even buy the Red version frame as a spare part to even try it? Also keyboard too.

I think it would look awesome, like the Q10 design.

Comments & advice are welcome.

Cheers

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:30 AM
    You could try spray painting the frame to red or any colour u want. it should be cheaper than buying a red frame I guess

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:38 AM
    The idea is having the black frame from the red version onto the black version :-) painting could work but never done it before. Would need an expert opinion on that one. Cheers. Chris.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:53 AM
    BlackBerry Passport PureBlack Special Edition (Video) | N4BB

Company in Vietnam already did painting it to all black.
    04-20-15 08:29 AM
    This might help if you wanna spray paint it :
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Paint-Your-Cell-Phone/

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:04 AM
    That was actually a swap of frame between a black and a red passport. It's hard to keep the paint on stainless steel and may require a paint shop like that of Ford but in a smaller scale.

Posted from my Passport
    04-20-15 09:37 AM
    The frame is not the hard part. You could swap that out from the red pp in a few minutes. The frets between the keyboard are an entirely different beast. If you look in other modification threads there's some pictures. The frets and keys seem to be heat melted to a basement layer.

You're going to probably break a keyboard or two, or maybe all of them trying to swap the frets. You'll most likely have to pain or vinyl those.
    04-20-15 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry Passport PureBlack Special Edition (Video) | N4BB

Company in Vietnam already did painting it to all black.
    Yeah I saw that and it looks pretty damn good! But there's nothing on their web site about how this would work...sending the passport to them etc... seems like there's no info at all on their web site about how to do it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:57 PM
    The frame is not the hard part. You could swap that out from the red pp in a few minutes. The frets between the keyboard are an entirely different beast. If you look in other modification threads there's some pictures. The frets and keys seem to be heat melted to a basement layer.

You're going to probably break a keyboard or two, or maybe all of them trying to swap the frets. You'll most likely have to pain or vinyl those.
    Exactly but finding the frame as a spare part for the red version is impossible at this stage and even the keyboard from the red version would also be good as they're both black. Have to keep looking as to when these kind of spare parts would be available.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 06:00 PM