As of yesterday I can no longer view my pictures on media or listen to music. battery draining like crazy, camera not working and phone restarting I factory reset, same problems, til I removed the media card. Phone went back to normal, now learning the media card is the culprit I guess I should reformat it. Problem is there is still content on the card, not usable content to me but it's still there. I can't figure out how to access it! I am using a Mac and I can't view the card on here as it doesn't seem to be detectable. I tried windows, it detected a card, but it wanted some domain and password and I had no idea what that is. Any help please?

Again the content is still on the card but listed under "other". I really want to get my pictures back!
    01-07-15 09:07 PM
    01-07-15 09:13 PM
    Like what? Please elaborate. File manager isn't working for me either.
    01-07-15 09:16 PM
    I haven't used any of them but look at the reviews and try one in the link.
    01-07-15 09:18 PM
    My mass storage mode doesn't seem to be working either... is it my phone? I enable mass storage and see nothing on my mac or windows.
    01-07-15 10:15 PM
    Can someone please help me

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:03 AM
    If your budget permits, use microSD cards with a good reputation. Years ago, I tried using the bargain priced cards and they were hit and miss, mostly miss. Poorly made, cheap microSD cards are "self-inflicted" aggravation. Spending little more or selecting a smaller sized microSD card, is simpler in the long run.

You need someone with Linux command line level experience. They would be able to evaluate the predicament and advise you. There should be a Linux Users Group or a Ubuntu group in your area.

After you get through all this (either successfully or not), consider the recommendation and form the habit of backing up (either to a cloud or desktop storage). If your data is important, then it has to be in two places.
    Last edited by tagumcity; 01-08-15 at 01:45 AM.
    01-08-15 01:32 AM
    Changing into brand new sd card from reputable company make a difference. I did make a change, over all response from camera, pictures etc are much faster. But that's my experience, yours might be a different case. If you can live without your old pictures or files in your phone, I would not suggest to move it to your new sd card right away. Just insert the new sd and let the phone do the formatting. Use it for a few days, if the problem is gone, it means some of your old file are corrupted.

As for you old pictures, try some recovery programs to recover it back from your old sd card.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 02:52 AM
    I had a similar issue. I inserted the memory card to my Macbook BUT there's a trick to that. Macbook's for some reason don't always detect the memory card. A known bug with the slot from the inside.

Youtube "insert memory card to macbook" and there's a video of a guy showing the trick. back up everything, erase the card, reformat it, then copy everything back.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-08-15 03:12 AM
    Put the card in your computer and if it doesn't show the files use one of the utilities. Most computers have a slot for them, might need an adapter.
    01-08-15 05:33 AM