Every time I type something in BBM, Whatsapp, text and I press the "<-" key to send (underneath the backspace key), the message sends, but then the magnifying glass for correction pops up. Is this normal? Can it be disabled?

Thanks
    10-17-14 01:01 PM
    You might try going to Settings/Accessibility and make sure that "Magnify Mode" is off??
    10-17-14 01:18 PM
    It is off.
    10-17-14 01:22 PM
    Do you mean the text selector?

Magnifying Glass-img_20141017_143749.png

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    10-17-14 01:38 PM
    Sometimes it opens, but then it closes quickly...but just sometimes...it's weird...other thing that happens to me is when I use keyboard to call and app, BlackBerry assistant opens before, and immediately close, but sometimes stays open and cannot write anything until I touch the screen.
    After this, the results of the search apears but I have to say that it's slower than the q10...it is specifically slow with Web link, I have to wait a second or two when it shows "go to...". This was really fast before in q10. I hope they fix this anoying little things in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:38 PM
    Do you mean the text selector?

yes that one. I've noticed if I consciously press it lightly, it sometimes doesn't come up. But if I'm pressing with normal force, it does. Very frustrating.
    10-17-14 01:43 PM
    yes that one. I've noticed if I consciously press it lightly, it sometimes doesn't come up. But if I'm pressing with normal force, it does. Very frustrating.
    It is supposed to be triggered with a double tap. Not sure if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity.
    10-17-14 01:53 PM
    Wonder if I have a wonky key
    10-17-14 04:20 PM
    Ive been playing with mine, force doesnt seem to matter... the lightest touch to the heaviest doesnt matter... but timing sure does, you have to double tap within a second or it wont open

I did the "one mississippi, two" test for tap speed and it didnt open

10-19-14 07:51 AM
    It's not a double tap though. It's a single tap used as the return key.

Wondering if I should get it exchanged for a new one
    10-21-14 04:53 PM
    Now that more people have the Passport, is anyone else suffering through this?
    12-15-14 03:20 PM
    I think it has to do with the sensitivity of the keyboard. This was driving me crazy and has/had been a reason I was beginning to deliberate about keeping the Passport. Love all things Passport but this. I came from BlackBerry Devices with the 4 tier physical keyboard. Discovered my thumbs were the culprit. I used to rest them on the keyboard. This appears to trick the Passport into thinking I'm double tapping. I had to learn (still learning) to not rest them on the keyboard or even hover close. Might this be the trouble?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:39 PM
    This happens to me as well. It doesn't bother me though because I'm done typing. And any key or part of the screen I tap next will make it go away.
    12-15-14 06:05 PM
    Happens here as well. I wouldn't go for a replacement, as I think it is SW related. I wouldn't call it a bug but maybe a flaw or weakness? It doesn't really get in the way when wanting to perform certain KB actions, it's more of an annoyance, but I still hope it will get fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 06:29 PM
    Well, it's a bit comforting that I'm not the only one. I hope it is SW related as this is seriously the only thing that bugs me about my phone
    12-15-14 08:31 PM
    That's because you are hold your phone with a thumb on the left side keyboard and when you hit enter it magnifies because it thinks you want to edit a text. This is a shortcut feature and not a sw bug.

It's like double tapping the keyboard to bring up the magnifying glass.
    luigieagle likes this.
    12-15-14 10:45 PM
    It's not that. I deliberately took my left thumb off the phone entirely and it still does that
    12-17-14 01:19 PM
    That's because you are hold your phone with a thumb on the left side keyboard and when you hit enter it magnifies because it thinks you want to edit a text. This is a shortcut feature and not a sw bug.

It's like double tapping the keyboard to bring up the magnifying glass.
    If this is a feature how do you use it? What's it for? Why???

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    06-08-15 12:26 AM
    happened to me as well. it was bad at the beginning 10.3.0. get better after 10.3.1 update. still there. but very seldom. but have a double type instead. people assume we accidentally double tap the keyboard, which is the way to bring up the word selector magnifier. it is not guys. we don't accidentally do that. I am on process of claiming for warranty, for double type though, I hope this bug is gone too. with the replacement.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-15 12:35 AM
    happened to me as well. it was bad at the beginning 10.3.0. get better after 10.3.1 update. still there. but very seldom. but have a double type instead. people assume we accidentally double tap the keyboard, which is the way to bring up the word selector magnifier. it is not guys. we don't accidentally do that. I am on process of claiming for warranty, for double type though, I hope this bug is gone too. with the replacement.

So it's a "word selector magnifier". What do I do once I select a word? What am I trying to use it to select a word?

I find it to be in my way, if I can get the cursor where I want it I can easily fix the word but this "feature" makes placing the cursor hard cuz it pops in the way. Is there a way to turn it off?
    06-08-15 12:52 AM
    So it's a "word selector magnifier". What do I do once I select a word? What am I trying to use it to select a word?

I find it to be in my way, if I can get the cursor where I want it I can easily fix the word but this "feature" makes placing the cursor hard cuz it pops in the way. Is there a way to turn it off?
    you can select word by holding the shift on the screen while moving the magnifying to select word to copy or cut.

you can move letter per letter by tapping the circle. left side to go left per letter, and right to go right one letter. to move far, using touch sensitive keyboard might be easier. it need a little time for you to use to it. but once you get a hang of it, the feature its pretty good. and I don't think you can disable it.

back to topic. I am too anoyed with this bug, where the word selector appear whenever presing return or send button. I don't think this bug is widespread. only happen to few people. reloading os might reduce the occurence I think. you might want to give it a try.

06-08-15 02:04 AM
    you can select word by holding the shift on the screen while moving the magnifying to select word to copy or cut.
    Thanks, I finally get it... However, a feature that needs this kind of learning to use is more of a flop than a feature. I also learned I can do this better using the trackpad to position the cursor then holding the shift key while moving the cursor with the trackpad. I also think 4 arrow keys would not only be self-explanatory, but much easier to use.

I would love for a way to turn this magnifying glass off since it really get's in my way and slows my productivity... Sometimes, the key to being a good developer is realizing your vision or idea isn't shared by your consumers...
    06-10-15 08:19 AM