Hey guys.

I got my Passport recently and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's an amazing device.

However, with all the splitting screens as well as bad keyboards around (I've seen at least 3-4 threads for hardware issues) I'm kinda scared now. I don't see any screen issues on mine, however the A and Q button seemed a bit weird at times...they'll make a bit of a strange noise and won't feel as solid when pushed as the other buttons. However, that doesn't happen all the time -I can feel it like once every 10-15 clicks maybe or something like that who knows...

I can also see the keyboard's backlight from the sides of they keyboard (on the left and right edges) and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be seeing that.

Also the part that covers my Sim + SSD slot is a bit off on the left -aka it's not right on spot but I kinda live with that as well as it's minor cosmetic issues.

So as I said all this I check the box of my device and I see it's made in Mexico -so long story short the devices coming from Mexico are not as premium and high built-quality as the other devices ? -I can't remember who was the other manufacturer but I'm kinda disappointed considering the amount of money I spent on the PP Yet, it's a wonderful device...I just hope I don't get any more issues except the current minor ones I'm having...

The point of this post: could more of you with Mexico devices share your stories ? How's your device feeling and for the rest who got the PP from the other manufacturer -do you happen to find any minor issues there or it's just the Mexican ones ?

It seems there's no quality control in Mexico that's so sad
    Ralph V likes this.
    10-28-14 12:12 PM
    All BB10 devices save for the Z3 (China) and pre-release/low-quantity phones (Canada) are made in Mexico.
    10-28-14 12:24 PM
    My Dodge truck is made in Mexico too. Works better than the previous versions.
    10-28-14 12:36 PM
    I have a made in Mexico Passport and other than a slight light bleed issue from my 'L' key...it's as solid as a rock, proven that today I dropped it onto concrete and other than a scuff at the top left corner on the silver body...the bloody thing hasn't skipped a beat.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:40 PM
    Mines made in Mexico and I haven't experienced any of the issues that people are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:51 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys. To be honest my issues are so minor as well that it's like the perfect phone but I'm a perfectionist and those little things bother me now and then. Other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong in terms of performance yet so I hope it remains rock solid and heart touching as it is <3

Cheers
    10-28-14 01:05 PM
    I have been followed the screen splitting thread fairly well and it seems that in the end the screen separated from the phone because the frame was not exactly flat. This most certainly could have been a QC issue at the factory, but I did not see a lot of people having issues, but those that did were very vocal (and they should have been) about it. That threads bring into question the use of certain adhesives etc, but it seemed more likely that the frame not being flat was the largest contributor to the problem that resulted in so many people discussing it. Maybe there were more threads, but it seems many more people are happy than not.

Anyway, Mexico is the only location producing the Passport that I know of and for the most part it seems like a quality product.
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-28-14 01:06 PM
    All Passports are made in Mexico, in the same facility, Mexico 6. They all suffer from the same issues.
    10-28-14 01:07 PM
    Besides a single green pixel, no other problens.
    10-28-14 01:12 PM
    Most previous devices were made in Mexico. The Z10, for example, where mostly all made in Mexico except for the Verizon variants, that were made in Canada.

This isn't exactly handwork, device production is a highly industrialized process. It seems like most of the issues surrounding the Passport have to do with adhesive used in a specific set of batches. I wouldn't bash Mexico... well, at least not for that! Lol, jk.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 and jupiter8 like this.
    10-28-14 01:26 PM
    Scare tactics, that's all these posts have been. All the parts are created by the same manufacturers and assembled in Mexico or the other part of the world. Nothing beats BlackBerry products and how well they are built.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-28-14 01:31 PM
    Scare tactics, that's all these posts have been. All the parts are created by the same manufacturers and assembled in Mexico or the other part of the world. Nothing beats BlackBerry products and how well they are built.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah!!...arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! >_>
    10-28-14 01:37 PM
    As a Canadian resident of Mexico, I would go with Mexican workers over Canadian Unionized workers (think Big 3) any day of the week. The upper-end working class, who work in the factories, are educated, extremely hard working and diligent. Which is why hundreds of major companies in the world choose Mexico for their manufacturing.

The Blackberry factory is in the south part of Guadalajara, and if you didn't know better, you would think you were in Texas or Georgia.

Now Russian made stuff....well that's another story....
    Spawn12 and Bsbudd like this.
    10-28-14 01:38 PM
    Every BlackBerry I've ever owned has been built in Mexico (Z10, Q5, Z30, 9360, 9810, 9780). The problem is when you are an early adopter there are usually always small issues they are still working out on early batches or that they don't discover until later. This is not a blackberry issue as the same problems happen with every manufacture (iPhone 5 coming with scratches out of the box, Nexus 5 speakers holes not being large enough for sound to properly come out).
    jakie55, Vorkosigan and thedose like this.
    10-28-14 01:47 PM
    Hey guys.

I got my Passport recently and I'm enjoying it a lot. It's an amazing device.

However, with all the splitting screens as well as bad keyboards around (I've seen at least 3-4 threads for hardware issues) I'm kinda scared now. I don't see any screen issues on mine, however the A and Q button seemed a bit weird at times...they'll make a bit of a strange noise and won't feel as solid when pushed as the other buttons. However, that doesn't happen all the time -I can feel it like once every 10-15 clicks maybe or something like that who knows...

I can also see the keyboard's backlight from the sides of they keyboard (on the left and right edges) and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be seeing that.

Also the part that covers my Sim + SSD slot is a bit off on the left -aka it's not right on spot but I kinda live with that as well as it's minor cosmetic issues.

So as I said all this I check the box of my device and I see it's made in Mexico -so long story short the devices coming from Mexico are not as premium and high built-quality as the other devices ? -I can't remember who was the other manufacturer but I'm kinda disappointed considering the amount of money I spent on the PP Yet, it's a wonderful device...I just hope I don't get any more issues except the current minor ones I'm having...

The point of this post: could more of you with Mexico devices share your stories ? How's your device feeling and for the rest who got the PP from the other manufacturer -do you happen to find any minor issues there or it's just the Mexican ones ?

It seems there's no quality control in Mexico that's so sad
    Do you want made in mexico or do you want to spend $300 more? pick your poison. and oh btw, if mexico, china, vietnam laborers didn't exist, our wallets would be much lighter. again, pick your poison. and btw x2, the q10 had a crappy battery design where it'd reset itself with the slightest random bump. issues are nothing new. even for apple.

while we're on the same topic, my porsche 911 engine blew up due to a well documented issue. so much for made in germany.
    10-28-14 01:54 PM
    Do you want made in mexico or do you want to spend $300 more? pick your poison. and oh btw, if mexico, china, vietnam laborers didn't exist, our wallets would be much lighter. again, pick your poison. and btw x2, the q10 had a crappy battery design where it'd reset itself with the slightest random bump. issues are nothing new. even for apple.

while we're on the same topic, my porsche 911 engine blew up due to a well documented issue. so much for made in germany.
    Get an advance replacement ROTFLMFAO

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:05 PM
    All BB10 devices save for the Z3 (China) and pre-release/low-quantity phones (Canada) are made in Mexico.
    I have had a couple Made in Canada Q10 SQN 100-5. They were from Eastlink, so not sure if all the SQN 100-5 are made in Canada or just some.
    10-28-14 02:12 PM
    As a Canadian resident of Mexico, I would go with Mexican workers over Canadian Unionized workers (think Big 3) any day of the week. The upper-end working class, who work in the factories, are educated, extremely hard working and diligent. Which is why hundreds of major companies in the world choose Mexico for their manufacturing.

The Blackberry factory is in the south part of Guadalajara, and if you didn't know better, you would think you were in Texas or Georgia.

Now Russian made stuff....well that's another story....
    Lucky you inserted unionized workers in the sentence. Don't compare country, because that's a whole different topic. As a Canadian speaking bad about his fellow citizens is not appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-28-14 02:12 PM
    I appreciate all the comments guys -as I mentioned those little minor issues which I noticed in my device bother me for I'm perfectionist so I'd love my device to be flawless....anyway I'll live with it as long as it's solid and working <3 I luv it.

To the guy with the Porsche 911 -damn man I hope you got it fixed or got the money for a new one -must be awesome to drive such a beast <3

Thanks once again all -I appreciate the feedback. And I don't mean to bash on Mexico -I was just wondering if there's more than one production place and as I see there's just that one. Maybe I got an early batch who knows <3

Regards.
    10-28-14 02:26 PM
    My Dodge truck is made in Mexico too. Works better than the previous versions.
    Actually laughing out loud...thank you.
    10-28-14 03:16 PM
    Mine is from Mexico as well, the only thing I've noticed is a little light from sides of the keyboard. Doesn't affect anything and it doesn't bother me. Just enjoying my phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 07:39 PM
    I have had a couple Made in Canada Q10 SQN 100-5. They were from Eastlink, so not sure if all the SQN 100-5 are made in Canada or just some.
    My SQN100-5 is made in Canada... I think that's part of the reason I have an abnormal love of an electronic device, I can wave it as I wave the flag!

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-28-14 08:42 PM
    I live in California. It's kinda like Mexico anyway....

Don't worry though

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:23 PM
    "Mexico device" that is a funny term. It might be assembled in Mexico but design and work orders most likely come from Canada. Getting a job at the Blackberry plant in Mexico is hard and I assume paid above average. If you give the workers the tools and proper training they'll do a good job.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 09:28 PM
    As a Canadian resident of Mexico, I would go with Mexican workers over Canadian Unionized workers (think Big 3) any day of the week. The upper-end working class, who work in the factories, are educated, extremely hard working and diligent. Which is why hundreds of major companies in the world choose Mexico.
    Don't fool yourself, the only reason Mexico is now making washing machines, cars, trucks and locomotives are the low wages and loose regulations. That is not to say that they incapable of assembling a Blackberry but to say that companies search out Mexico because of their expertise versus low hourly wage is ludicrous.

Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.938
    10-28-14 09:48 PM
56 123