Hi there,
    My passport se is made in mexico which has a good quality(in compare with chinese androis/iphone phones) but I wanna ask you guys:

Is there any made in canada passpsort se?! As I compare prices between amazon and blackberry shop, I see a high difference between prices. For blackberry shopping website price is 400$ but in the other hand you can buy it just for 250$ from amazon!!

Is 400$ passport se originally made in canada?!!
    Which country made is yours?!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 12:53 AM
    I believe that they are all made in Mexico.

Enviado do meu BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Arif Haasan likes this.
    01-06-17 01:22 AM
    I believe that they are all made in Mexico.

Enviado do meu BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    So what is that 150$ price difference for?! Just taxes?!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 01:27 AM
    BlackBerry use to make a lot of phones in Canada and in Europe (Belgium) I believe. The quality of those devices was outstanding and in my opinion, a higher level of build quality than Mexican built ones.

I also find the same thing with automobiles built in Japan vs the US and Canada. A long time Honda fan here and it just felt things were "tighter" for the lack of a better word.

Back to BlackBerry, the Passports quality is fantastic and it was never made anywhere else other than Mexico from what I know.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 02:47 AM
    Where ever the may make it the build quality is the exact same trst me there's no difference whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 06:34 AM
    BlackBerry use to make a lot of phones in Canada and in Europe (Belgium) I believe. The quality of those devices was outstanding and in my opinion, a higher level of build quality than Mexican built ones.

I also find the same thing with automobiles built in Japan vs the US and Canada. A long time Honda fan here and it just felt things were "tighter" for the lack of a better word.

Back to BlackBerry, the Passports quality is fantastic and it was never made anywhere else other than Mexico from what I know.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but that hardware was from along time ago. Can't compare to the complexity of today. Tight tolerances, stainless steel. Unthinkable ten years ago.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-06-17 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    That Honda may well be built in North America. Honda and Toyota have for DECADES had assembly plants in North America.

Regarding the price difference, I think it's most likely that the OP is viewing a US dollar price on one site and a Canadian dollar price on another site. Pretty common mistake.
    01-06-17 08:25 AM
    That Honda may well be built in North America. Honda and Toyota have for DECADES had assembly plants in North America.

Regarding the price difference, I think it's most likely that the OP is viewing a US dollar price on one site and a Canadian dollar price on another site. Pretty common mistake.
    No both are american dollar

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 08:40 AM
    No both are american dollar

Posted via CB10
    Well, I got curious, so I checked myself. Blackberry.com, US site: $399 USD. Amazon.com: $399 USD for one unit, but they had at least two others advertized as new, one at $256, one at $190.

I have no idea why the prices would be so different. That's odd.

Its kind of strange in Canada, too. Blackberry.com (Canadian) is $499, Amazon.ca is $599, which is backwards to what I see for the American sites.

So, I guess a person should be checking prices carefully before buying!
    01-06-17 09:10 AM
    Well, I got curious, so I checked myself. Blackberry.com, US site: $399 USD. Amazon.com: $399 USD for one unit, but they had at least two others advertized as new, one at $256, one at $190.

Its kind of strange in Canada, too. Blackberry.com (Canadian) is $499, Amazon.ca is $599, which is backwards to what I see for the American sites.

My question exactly is this odd price difference! Anyway, thank you sir.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 10:22 AM

Amazon prices include those from sellers other than official Amazon/Blackberry.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-06-17 09:16 PM
    Made in Mexico.

Using without any screen protector and back cover for long two years and it still looks like new. Performance are getting better and better. Even battery backup is Good. And dnt even have to reset for once. Damn I'm in lv with my passport se.
    Two years ago i purchased my BlackBerry Passport SE from Bangladesh with $500.
    02-03-17 11:00 AM
    The passport se quality is the best in my previous Blackberrys. One time my bottle of water fluid in the bag while the phone just reset a few times, it became no harm when I dried out the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 11:25 PM
    Made in Mexico.

Using without any screen protector and back cover for long two years and it still looks like new. Performance are getting better and better. Even battery backup is Good. And dnt even have to reset for once. Damn I'm in lv with my passport se.
    Two years ago i purchased my BlackBerry Passport SE from Bangladesh with $500.
    So any screen lifting during 2years?!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 12:54 AM
    So any screen lifting during 2years?!

Posted via CB10
    My US Passport from Mexico turns 2 next week. Used daily. No screen lifting.
    02-04-17 02:55 AM
    My passport made in Mexico

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-04-17 03:03 AM