Not sure if it's been brought up yet, but I managed to make APUS launcher the "default" launcher on the passport through it's settings menu on accident.

It's buggy though, but the "up" swipe brings it back to launcher's home page (acts as a "home" button). The apps are somewhat all there (blackberry apps not all there).

Not sure if this helps anyone who wants an "android" phone, it was fun while I was playing with it, but not quite "functional"
    04-14-15 06:25 PM
    i think "not quite functional" turns me right off.
    Thanks anyway.
    PS I don't want an Android. lol
    thymaster and theGUNNER like this.
    04-14-15 06:37 PM
    neither do I, just figured someone might want to know it was somewhat possible and tweak with it. Maybe iron out the "buggy" parts. I could live with android widgets + hub

as a bonus, I did find out how I could leave the passport on battery saving mode while increasing the screen brightness using the launcher. Later found out a brightness app does same thing. So now I can keep phone processors "slowed down" while having it bright outside to see
    04-14-15 07:53 PM
    Hi There,

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to know how you managed to make an android launcher default? Any hints on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Josuemental likes this.
    07-12-15 05:00 AM
    when I first launched it, it asks if i want to make it default, I just clicked yes and it replaced the qnx launcher (bb one) but then qnx overrides it sometimes and reopens
    07-12-15 03:58 PM
    Working Widgets would be neat.

Posted via CB10
    Josuemental likes this.
    07-12-15 04:50 PM
    seems to work inside the launchers :S but it's a hassle to use because each time you "reopen" android apps from the card screen, they reset themselves
    07-12-15 05:39 PM
    This isn't really possible is it? I installed an Android launcher in my Passport and everytime I open it it asks me to make it the default one, I click yes and its window just minimizes to the home screen
    05-17-16 10:45 AM