Last week(s) I was doing stuff at home involving paint. As I cannot live far away from my Passport, it was sitting just near to me and had a small white paint drop on the spacebar I didn't noticed immediately and went dry. When I noticed it my first reaction was : "you dirty @zz you just ..." but I never finished my sentence. Because I felt it was pretty cool in fact. And the following week proved me right; I never missed the spacebar again. That little spot made my accuracy raise in very sensible proportions.

I'dd suggest you try it with removable ink (like a white corrector) and let us know how you feel !

"Lucky accident" that may increase your accuracy-capture.png

P.S: yes, I wear glasses so this might be more spectacular for those with "old eyes" like mines.
    12-15-14 06:03 AM
    nice find! will try it when I have my passport
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-15-14 06:25 AM
    Now that you pointed this out I notice that the Q10 has the. |___| (space) mark on the space key and the Passport doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 06:39 AM
    This makes you wonder why didn't BlackBerry just put a space symbol there. Yes the space bar is obvious but it would have simply made sense.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-15-14 06:41 AM
    nice tuning :-)

center alignment version

"Lucky accident" that may increase your accuracy-capture.png
    12-15-14 07:42 AM
    I find that I don't even look at my spacebar when typing anymore (yes, i've gotten to the holy phase where I can type without looking--similare to the experience on previous Blackberrys) but this is a good tip for newbie Passport users

You will all get to the almighty "look ma' no hands" phase at some point in your Passport experience and once you do, it is like flying!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 08:08 AM
    This makes you wonder why didn't BlackBerry just put a space symbol there. Yes the space bar is obvious but it would have simply made sense.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well, in the "flat design" era ... maybe they wanted the keyboard to be as "sober" as possible ...

center alignment version

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	3310 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	320863
    Thanks !
    But I must say, probably not exactly the best for me.
    While visually it's legit, I mostly use my right thumb for the space bar and the white dot is acting like a "do not cross" point. I mean I still see it while typing, like a residual placeholder (as much as I noticed I barely use the left thumb now !).

Something like "God's will" in this accidental random white leak, isn't it ?

I find that I don't even look at my spacebar when typing anymore (yes, i've gotten to the holy phase where I can type without looking--similare to the experience on previous Blackberrys) but this is a good tip for newbie Passport users

You will all get to the almighty "look ma' no hands" phase at some point in your Passport experience and once you do, it is like flying!
    Sure thing !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-15-14 at 09:32 AM. Reason: some Mhhhhoooooos ;)
    12-15-14 09:28 AM
    Well, in the "flat design" era ... maybe they wanted the keyboard to be as "sober" as possible ...

Thanks !
    But I must say, probably not exactly the best for me.
    While visually it's legit, I mostly use my right thumb for the space bar and the white dot is acting like a "do not cross" point. I mean I still see it while typing, like a residual placeholder (as much as I noticed I barely use the left thumb now !).

Something like "God's will" in this accidental random white leak, isn't it ?

Sure thing !
    Funny you invoked God into the discussion. While reading your original post, I thought the exact same thing. God works in mysterious ways.

I had read all of the commentary concerning the space key. How the size was too small, or its in an awkward place, generally people have some sort of issue with it. But if you look at the keyboard, the space key stands out because it doesn't have any markings on it. It's a dead space, easily identified. It's the one key that I can hit without even thinking about it. It's just there. The size is right also.
    At least in your case a solution was found.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-15-14 10:58 AM

Hands free? I'm there now...using the voice to text on Passport is great!

This Passport takes me places!
    12-16-14 02:00 PM
    Last week(s) I was doing stuff at home involving paint. As I cannot live far away from my Passport, it was sitting just near to me and had a small white paint drop on the spacebar I didn't noticed immediately and went dry. When I noticed it my first reaction was : "you dirty @zz you just ..." but I never finished my sentence. Because I felt it was pretty cool in fact. And the following week proved me right; I never missed the spacebar again. That little spot made my accuracy raise in very sensible proportions.

I'dd suggest you try it with removable ink (like a white corrector) and let us know how you feel !

Views:	2251 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	320854

P.S: yes, I wear glasses so this might be more spectacular for those with "old eyes" like mines.
    P.S.Why?? Jamisons?
    12-16-14 02:09 PM
    nice find! will try it when I have my passport
    Pissed my pants!!
    12-16-14 02:11 PM

center alignment version

Views:	3310 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	320863
    Why not a whole different color? Like Gold Leaf..10K 14K 24K ..you name it let's go!! Come to think of it ..I'm going to paint mine RED!!!!
    12-16-14 02:14 PM
    You know what would've been better?
    Just put two regular keys where the space bar is and make both of them space keys.
    Space bar is supposed to be easier to press, but on Passport, that's not the case. Pressing on the corners of Passport space bar is very hard. In fact, pressing the spots that would've been the centres of the keys if the space bar was replaced with two separate regular keys gives you more resistance than a regular key would.
    I find it really strange that they made space bar actually more resistant, when it should've been very easy to hit.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-16-14 03:11 PM
    yea im thinking nice
    12-16-14 10:56 PM

Views:	2251 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	320854

FANTSTICO! Absolutely brilliant!

You've just shown up the company with so many parents in keyboards, not just thinking of mobile but still. You've been able to make the classic typists keyboard for typewriters, computers and previous BlackBerry's - Q10 / Passport or Q5 more than likely doesn't have this on theirs like BBOS BlackBerry's.

Brilliant.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-17-14 02:49 AM
    thanks but just 'luck' ... lol
    12-17-14 05:24 AM
    I call this "suspenders" more than "belt", yet, seems there's some dots here too
    "Lucky accident" that may increase your accuracy-passport_2_concept.jpg
    https://twitter.com/shahriyarali/sta...11574575591425
    12-17-14 08:33 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:39 AM