I have gotten my passport and it is an amazing device, this is starting to get annoying now, I have grandfathered the Telus unlimited data plan and Now I do not have home Internet so I would miracast to my TV to watch items and stuff so. In the z10 and z30 the LTE would not drop to H until I was moving at high speeds. I don't know if a lot of people are having this issue
    With the passport I would go to the 2nd floor and it would go to H and then when I leave the phone down and in about 15 seconds it would go back to LTE

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:38 PM
    I do find a wild fluctuation in the signal from time to time...
    11-11-14 06:40 PM
    I do find a wild fluctuation in the signal from time to time...
    I thought it was only my device but to be sure I'll have the device exchanged

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:42 PM
    I thought it was only my device but to be sure I'll have the device exchanged

Posted via CB10
    I personally don't see the need to exchange the device over this. These posts about Passport returning are on the border of obsessive expecting perfection which just doesn't exist. My Passport volume up key was somewhat loose and if I shook the device from the bottom I could hear movement, but just took off the TPU case that covered the volume keys and put on a white hard shell and now it is the same as the others.

Anyway, my point was that even when the volume up was loose, I still considered my device flaw free. Sorry for the rant, but this forum is filling up with useless complaints about the most minor of "issues". As for your case, it has been documented here as well that the signal is weaker right now relating to software, not hardware so not sure if an exchange would help in this situation. I think an updated radio in the next software update will address some of these concerns.

I'm surprised that you are not petrified of getting a device that is self combustible after reading these forums. This goes back to my BlackBerry Storm which was the longest phone I have ever owned and I was absolutely thrilled with it and it remains my favorite phone with the Passport giving it a run for its money (for the time of course). I have no idea why long term members here trash it. I'd spend $200 right now for a brand new unopened GSM Storm just for the nostalgia and usefulness of it.

My point is that I didn't know CB existing at the time and spent over two years loving the Storm and showing it off everywhere. There is something to say about ignorance. Not directed towards you at all, but I do believe that the signal is weak. It is consistently weaker than my mother's Z10 with LTE coverage. I really think this is a software issue that will be fixed shortly with 10.3.1 just about ready to go.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-11-14 07:30 PM
    Like the auto focus issue I do expect this to be improved with updates.

...I am not returning my device.
    11-11-14 07:43 PM
    Like the auto focus issue I do expect this to be improved with updates.

...I am not returning my device.
    Yeah, that is what I meant to post, but went on a rant instead. Wait for the next software update. The signal is weaker on the Passport than on other BB10s. Not by much, but just enough that it has been noticed.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:00 PM
    I get a better, more consistent signal on my Passport than I did on my Q10. That said, my husband's Z30 always had a better signal than my Q10 as well.

We live in rural SW Ontario and at the house the signal can fluctuate by moving from the kitchen to the living room. When I am in either Simcoe (a large town) or Brantford (small city - home of Alexander Graham Bell) I get 4G just about everywhere on my Passport. On my Q10 I would only get a 3G signal in those larger centers.

As I said, my husband's Z30 would consistently get 4G then my Q10 would only get 3G. My Passport's signal is at least as consistently strong as the Z30.

Just my experience...

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-14 08:13 PM
    Can anyone confirm if they are having issues like this on 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:49 PM