Picked up a Passport yesterday but for me it suffers from the BB disease that afflicted the PlayBook and all BB hardware since, z10, z30 etc. Lovely hardware and OS and fine if all you ever want is email, phone and messaging but as usual, base apps like Facebook, Spotify etc. are just too buggy to use.

So sadly it's going back. I need my phone to do all the things that iOS and Android can. And the BB implementation of Android is still too unstable.

It's not really a surprise to learn that hardware sales continue to plummet. Usability is everything. Back to my dull iPhone it seems.
    03-20-15 09:55 AM
    Both work flawless on my passport so that's surprising. I can everything i could with my iPhone really.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and anon(5990673) like this.
    03-20-15 09:59 AM

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    03-20-15 10:02 AM
    I wish I could get it working with the device I have. FB font is tiny and the photos don't open. The version on the Amazon App Store installs but won't open. Spotify hangs and crashes. The latest OS is installed. I tried to install an alternative messaging app which installed but won't send texts. I shouldn't have to wrestle with a device to get it working.
    03-20-15 10:03 AM
    My Facebook app recently started flickering on my Passport. Seems to happen when the device is a little warm. Very frustrating.

When I showed a couple coworkers, one said "That's BlackBerry for ya!"
    03-20-15 10:03 AM

And yeah I know. But sheep or not, I need my phone to perform.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-15 10:05 AM
    I've read that some have difficulty with FB opening photos but haven't run into the problem with mine.

I have on occasion logged into FB via the browser. That works well.

However despite your trying to sound like a very "serious" user I suspect that you just really want to have an iPhone. Why not just go back to iPhone rather than post what amounts to "not very important" problems here?

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-20-15 10:51 AM
    However despite your trying to sound like a very "serious" user I suspect that you just really want to have an iPhone. Why not just go back to iPhone rather than post what amounts to "not very important" problems here?
    Comments such as those are not productive.
    BBRYQ10, dolco and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-20-15 10:56 AM
    Yeah..ive read about this FB photo thing a couple of times now so it's not a isolated thing....but works fine on my passport. Very weird.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:59 AM
    I've read that some have difficulty with FB opening photos but haven't run into the problem with mine.

I have on occasion logged into FB via the browser. That works well.

I agree, if you want the device that is going to run your Facebook among other apps a little better then stick to the iphone. Most BlackBerry users including myself are stoked for the recent device releases and happy with having a device that can draft an email and get work done without having to think twice about it.

Posted via Q10
    anon(5990673), Dlanod and thedose like this.
    03-20-15 11:02 AM
    Comments such as those are not productive.
    Neither is the above.

habs_fan and thedose like this.
    03-20-15 11:05 AM

It's funny that you post this, as there are plenty of BlackBerry users and and Crackberry members that would qualify for "sheepdom" just as easily.
    03-20-15 11:31 AM
    Picked up a Passport yesterday but for me it suffers from the BB disease that afflicted the PlayBook and all BB hardware since, z10, z30 etc. Lovely hardware and OS and fine if all you ever want is email, phone and messaging but as usual, base apps like Facebook, Spotify etc. are just too buggy to use.

So sadly it's going back. I need my phone to do all the things that iOS and Android can. And the BB implementation of Android is still too unstable.

It's not really a surprise to learn that hardware sales continue to plummet. Usability is everything. Back to my dull iPhone it seems.
    Do you know that there are more apps for these things available via the two app stores (Amazon Appstore and BB World) right :-)
    03-20-15 11:45 AM
    If being a serious BB user means being prepared to accept that I need to wrestle with my device to get it to do what I want well no I'm not a serious BB user. I am platform agnostic and will use whatever platform meets my needs. This used to be BB but sadly this is not true any longer. I love BB hardware and OS and I keep hoping that it'll again deliver the experience I'm looking for but not so far.

I guess time is running out for BB to be anything more than a niche business player and I imagine that they'll settle for this now.
    1magine likes this.
    03-20-15 11:47 AM
    Do you know that there are more apps for these things available via the two app stores (Amazon Appstore and BB World) right :-)
    Yeah - I tried App World and Amazon and I also installed Google Play Store too but no joy with FB.
    03-20-15 11:48 AM
    Hmm, all of my apps work well,...and I have several Android apps from home alarm app, Navy Federal to Square!

Many folks are quick to squeal 'app gap' when it comes to BlackBerry vs Apple and Android,...but the fact of the matter is,...most folks have around 20 - 40 apps over those that some on the device installed. I have 25,...my iHead friends have around 40,...most are games!

Sure, there may be 200,000+ iPhone/Android apps,...but I doubt if many have about 50 apps on either platform installed.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 11:59 AM
    Lovely hardware but.......-fbdesktop.png

That's the best facebook to me

Posted from my Canadian PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-20-15 12:01 PM
    Dlanod seems to me to be a possible iPhone user/troll. I use Spotify on my Z10 and it works great. Would have thought it works better on Passport. But hey what do I know?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:10 PM
    Neither is the above.
    Please elaborate.
    dolco likes this.
    03-20-15 12:11 PM
    Could also be software issues depending on which version of fb the op is using and also what version on the BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:28 PM
    If being a serious BB user means being prepared to accept that I need to wrestle with my device to get it to do what I want well no I'm not a serious BB user. I am platform agnostic and will use whatever platform meets my needs. This used to be BB but sadly this is not true any longer. I love BB hardware and OS and I keep hoping that it'll again deliver the experience I'm looking for but not so far.

I guess time is running out for BB to be anything more than a niche business player and I imagine that they'll settle for this now.
    Which OS do you have on your Passport?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-20-15 12:30 PM
    You don't like BB go buy another phone, it's called freedom of choice.
    03-20-15 12:35 PM
    Facebook photo opening issue is usually a server or connection based issue.

It happens all the time on my Fiance's Galaxy Tab.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    03-20-15 12:43 PM
    Facebook is a great experience on my Passport. The pictures are especially breathtaking on the wide screen. All my android banking, financial and stock trading (yes I trade actively on my Passport) apps work flawlessly.
    I wish I lived nearby because I would offer to help you set up your Passport to work as well as mine so you too could have the best overall experience with your phone.
    I really hate it when someone tries to use a Passport and doesn't get the full benefit of this great phone for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 12:44 PM
    I suspect many have been baited as well. There is ZERO issues for me from my Z10, Z30 and now Passport. Can a moderator please kill/close this thread. There is zero benefit to it remaining open. *I have one of the latest Android tablets from Samsung and FB is not any better there. This thread is preposterous.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    thedose and hpjrt like this.
    03-20-15 12:55 PM
33 12