So here's the problem. Received my Passport last week (want to leave my iPhone 6 in the past..) and loved everything about the hardware, the screen, really everything BUT I am not willing to carry two phones because one has shortcomings.
    Started installing apps and voila..ran into issue. Originally I checked the Blackberry World store if the apps are available only come to find out that some are not available for the Passport (e.g Uber) so I went down the list and, well here are the apps I have no solution for. maybe (hopefully) since I am just not a BB pro I don't know where to find a proper solution.
    Rest assured. As soon as I find fully functional apps covering my needs I will get one again but for now it just didn't cut it
    ANY help from you pros is highly appreciated. Thank you !

These are the apps I found no solution for

Native Apple apps:

Facetime - which is really a must since all my contact work with this platfom
    Newstand - for all my mag subscriptions
    Podcast - MUST
    Cardstar
    Passbook

and these are the apps I found no BB app for the Passbook ...darn it. Please tell me that I wasn't looking at the right spot

FreeConferenceCall Dialer (FCC Dialer app)
    Inbox by Gmail
    Google Chrome
    MapMyRide+
    FuelBand
    ProCam
    Over
    Instagram
    italia Radio
    Google Play Music
    NetFlix
    NPRNews
    Aljazeera
    AAA
    Google Earth
    Airbnb
    Uber
    iskAustria
    Tripit
    USAirways
    MTBProject
    Craigslist
    Ebay
    BarclayCard
    PayPal
    Amex
    BankofAmerica
    podcasts
    Starbucks
    box
    OpenTable
    Trivago
    Vimeo
    Spiegel TV
    Utility Drive
    Waze
    Google Maps
    basecamp
    gottomeeting
    Webex
    Mega
    Translate
    scanBizCards
    Dropbox
    Google Drive
    zillow
    11-17-14 10:33 AM
    I take it you havnt loaded snap ? ..think you should have a read or search for snap on this site and you will find that yes you have been looking in the wrong place
    11-17-14 10:38 AM
    You could've got most of these apps by downloading Snap or by searching the apk online.

But there's no way to get FaceTime on something other than an apple product, since it's made for ios only.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:39 AM
    Snap is the answer!

Secret squirrelling with my Passport. ?C0001FE5D?
    11-17-14 10:42 AM
    You've got be kidding asking for native apple apps on anything but an apple products. Seriously...
    11-17-14 10:44 AM
    Generally if you're app mad then BlackBerry isn't for you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VR6; 11-18-14 at 12:52 AM.
    11-17-14 10:44 AM
    A lot of those are fairly easy to get, the Apple make ones, completely out of luck on anything but apple. Switch to BBM

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:47 AM
    You realize most of these apps can just be used through the browser on the mobile sites. You don't need an app just to open a Web page
    11-17-14 10:47 AM
    You didn't find apps for Box, Dropbox or Google Drive? Did you turn on your phone?
    TimJW, andy957, -Puck- and 28 others like this.
    11-17-14 10:54 AM
    You realize most of these apps can just be used through the browser on the mobile sites. You don't need an app just to open a Web page
    In addition, you can use the Add to Home Screen option in the browser. That's what I do for Uber. http://m.uber.com

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the mostly helpful info.
    So what I read there is no way to get a FaceTime app on a BB. okay..now I know. Thanks
    I work on my phone most of the day and dig out my laptop only for elaborate work. 99% of my work I can do on my phone with the help of these apps giving me tremendous mobility for worldwide traveling where mostly I don't even take my laptop anymore. So, yes Apple was tremendously helpful in that sense.
    It might have come across wrong. I don't need these exact apps but I need replacements for these apps in order to be able to retire the iphone. Barking up the wrong tree? Wishful thinking? How do road worriers manage it all ? I can't possibly be the only one ...or maybe I am?
    11-17-14 10:59 AM
    So here's the problem. Received my Passport last week (want to leave my iPhone 6 in the past..) and loved everything about the hardware, the screen, really everything BUT I am not willing to carry two phones because one has shortcomings.
    Started installing apps and voila..ran into issue. Originally I checked the Blackberry World store if the apps are available only come to find out that some are not available for the Passport (e.g Uber) so I went down the list and, well here are the apps I have no solution for. maybe (hopefully) since I am just not a BB pro I don't know where to find a proper solution.
    Rest assured. As soon as I find fully functional apps covering my needs I will get one again but for now it just didn't cut it
    ANY help from you pros is highly appreciated. Thank you !

These are the apps I found no solution for

Native Apple apps:

Facetime - which is really a must since all my contact work with this platfom
    Newstand - for all my mag subscriptions
    Podcast - MUST
    Cardstar
    Passbook
    Looks like your sticking with Apple. No substitute for facetime unless you can switch to BBM or Skype.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 and anon(5597702) like this.
    11-17-14 11:00 AM
    found them...after I turned on the phone. thanks
    Evindzer and bullnuke7532 like this.
    11-17-14 11:01 AM
    So what I read there is no way to get a FaceTime app on a BB. okay..now I know. Thanks
    Or Android or windows phone. Not just BlackBerry.

BBM meetings is cross platform though. Except windows phone for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:02 AM
    What I actually did before getting my Z30 was checking all the apps that I had on my iPhone and see if these were available on "Google play". Nearly all were available, but it didn't mean that these which are available were going to work 100% as they did on the iPhone. You have to upload "snap" on your mobile, and you must have a Google ID. Please note that apps that needs Google services like Google maps, while works OK, you will not be able to sign in and retrieve your saved searches or location. May users have been able to use "patches!!" to be able to use full functionality of Google services. If BlackBerry as a company overcomes this hurdle, I seriously think, BlackBerry devices will be the jewel in the mobility solutions!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:16 AM
    For Facetime just have your associates move to BBM. It is cross platform and so much more usable than Facetime.
    For Instagram if you want native apps use iGrann. It's in BBW and it's an excellent client. Best thing about it is that it's a BB developer so you'd be helping out with supporting native developers in BBW.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    11-17-14 11:16 AM
    dropbox comes pre loaded on the passport. Google drive and webex can be found in BB world
    11-17-14 11:19 AM
    What I actually did before getting my Z30 was checking all the apps that I had on my iPhone and see if these were available on "Google play". Nearly all were available, but it didn't mean that these which are available were going to work 100% as they did on the iPhone. You have to upload "snap" on your mobile, and you must have a Google ID. Please note that apps that needs Google services like Google maps, while works OK, you will not be able to sign in and retrieve your saved searches or location. May users have been able to use "patches!!" to be able to use full functionality of Google services. If BlackBerry as a company overcomes this hurdle, I seriously think, BlackBerry devices will be the jewel in the mobility solutions!

Posted via CB10
    Totally Agree ! That's why I am so ken on making it work on the passport.
    11-17-14 11:21 AM
    Got them. Sorry. Had a few apps on the list which I found. My apologies
    11-17-14 11:22 AM
    I work on my phone most of the day and dig out my laptop only for elaborate work. 99% of my work I can do on my phone with the help of these apps giving me tremendous mobility for worldwide traveling where mostly I don't even take my laptop anymore. So, yes Apple was tremendously helpful in that sense.
    It might have come across wrong. I don't need these exact apps but I need replacements for these apps in order to be able to retire the iphone. Barking up the wrong tree? Wishful thinking? How do road worriers manage it all ? I can't possibly be the only one ...or maybe I am?
    Well you seem to be really depending on those apps and if you wish to stick to that exact principle, my honest advice is to stay away from BlackBerry.

However, as a frequent flyer, I prefer BlackBerry over all other platforms for some reasons. First of all - I absolutely love BlackBerry Travel. It consolidates all the airline apps in terms of flight status updates and trip planning. What's missing is the ability to display boarding passes within the app. So here you have to go the old school way. Download the mobile boarding passes from your e-mail or print them out.

For most other use-cases I'm actually happy with the browser. I know, sometimes it's not that convenient, but it gets the job done.

Talking about FaceTime - that's probably not gonna happen. This is just an Apple thing and you have to accept that.

There's a few trade-offs for excellent battery life, great communication capabilities, superb keyboards and professional style, that's right. You may find out, or already have, what works best for you. Most first-time BlackBerry users tend to come back to BlackBerry once they find out what this platform is all about when their phone excels at Candy Crush Saga but can't handle e-mail traffic. Yes, I am exaggerating.

This is the business class. It's not a place for the kids to play
    Nickysoroyal and knibbeone like this.
    11-17-14 11:23 AM
    Can't move that many people over to BBM "just" because I believe in BB. Most things are done on skype anyways BUT i still need FT and Free CC dialer
    11-17-14 11:24 AM
    free cc dialer is available for android so should work on the passport as well.
    11-17-14 11:30 AM
    Oh my goodness! With what you just described BlackBerry Passport BBM with Screen Sharing and BlackBerry Blend will blow your Iphone away.

11-17-14 11:34 AM
    Great post. I use Tripit instead of Blackberry travel and a concierge service so that works currently and isn't much an area of concern for me. Yes, BB does smell like business class. Though iPhone is the choice of weapon for most every executive I deal with including financial institutions. That might be US specific though as it's Samsung in Asia and a little more Windows in Western Europe from what I see.
    Either way. I really like the Passport. Just need to figure out a way around the other issues.
    Got them. Sorry. Had a few apps on the list which I found. My apologies
    Haha, sorry I didn't mean to sound like an a** but the first apps I noticed when I turned on my first BB10 phone was Box and Dropbox
    Also be aware that the integration of those apps are a lot better in BB10 than on iOS - on BB10 they get integrated in the "File Manager" app meaning you can move files around from the cloud services to your phone and vice versa.

Also, if you want to email a file, you can chose "Attach" from within the message you are drafting and then select files from both internal storage, memory card, Box, Dropbox and Google Drive, all within the email app.
150 123 ...