Yeah, as said previously, most of the named sites works well in the browser E.g. I believe that Google never released any app for Gmail. It was always the mobile version of the webpage which opened in the browser or browse-like app.
    11-17-14 02:12 PM
    sure, no need to print boarding passes anymore... airlines apps, emails or text messages with the boarding pass attached etc are better options than printing... also, that way we save some trees

Since I currently don't use Android Apps on my BlackBerry, I'm sure you know there aren't many options for me. But that's not a problem. I'm actually happy with the downloaded / e-mailed boarding passes.
    11-17-14 02:26 PM
    Welcome to the Apple walled garden...if anything the OP has had a great lesson of the perils of switching ecosystems..... never understand why people need to be snarky... guess they know everything and never need help...... good luck to the OP in future ventures.....
    11-17-14 02:30 PM
    i agree that people get too defensive/snarky with this kind of thread... however, you have to admit that asking for facetime to work outside an apple product was kind of funny/silly... but it's all good now, OP got a lot of help and now he is in a better position to see if the passport works for him...

Welcome to the Apple walled garden...if anything the OP has had a great lesson of the perils of switching ecosystems..... never understand why people need to be snarky... guess they know everything and never need help...... good luck to the OP in future ventures.....
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 02:35 PM
    Understand! Must have a strong reason to keep BlackBerry or, simply you don't care for apps! But if you don't care for applications then why you need a smartphone???

Q10
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 02:40 PM
    OP did you get Snap installed? It's like Google Play Store on a BB device? If you want I could cook up some instructions for you to get it up and running!
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 02:44 PM
    sure, no need to print boarding passes anymore... airlines apps, emails or text messages with the boarding pass attached etc are better options than printing... also, that way we save some trees
    Don't forget that's why Blackberry Travel is so great! It monitors your email for those confirmations and sets up your itinerary based off that email. I travel on occasion and I found it fantastic for organizing your trip (i.e. Hotel, rental car, and airline information).
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-17-14 03:06 PM
    It seem that Blackberry travel is the BB equivalent of Tripit. Will certainly take advantage o fit
    11-17-14 03:10 PM
    OP did you get Snap installed? It's like Google Play Store on a BB device? If you want I could cook up some instructions for you to get it up and running!
    Thank you for offering that helping hand. It seems pretty straight forward based on the video I posted earlier. Need to give it a shot.
    11-17-14 03:12 PM
    It seem that Blackberry travel is the BB equivalent of Tripit. Will certainly take advantage o fit
    I don't know TripIt too good - I don't know what engine it uses in the background.

I do know that WorldMate, which is available on Android and iOS, does use the same engine as BlackBerry travel.
    Important differences: BlackBerry travel scans your inbox automatically for itineraries (flights, hotels, rental cars) and in contrast to WorldMate, the flight status updates are free, while they are only available with WorldMate gold at a price of (iirc) around 10$/yr.
    11-17-14 03:24 PM
    11-17-14 03:32 PM
    I believe this post was primarily a cry for attention

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:02 PM
    Thank you for offering that helping hand. It seems pretty straight forward based on the video I posted earlier. Need to give it a shot.
    If you install it with Sachesi it's even more simple you just need to drag&drop the bar file.
    11-17-14 04:03 PM
    If you install it with Sachesi it's even more simple you just need to drag&drop the bar file.
    Chrome method isn't bad too.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:22 PM
    You didn't find apps for Box, Dropbox or Google Drive? Did you turn on your phone?
    I read this and I've been laughing ever since..funniest reply so far
    11-17-14 04:36 PM
    Paraphrase, "I loved the Passport until I realized it wasn't an iPhone. If only the Passport was an iPhone I would keep it."

Derp.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-17-14 04:55 PM
    If facetime is a must have app for you, then the iPhone is your only choice. For the rest of your apps, if you search BB World, Amazon App store, and then snap you should find most, if not all of what you are looking for.
    11-17-14 05:12 PM
    You realize most of these apps can just be used through the browser on the mobile sites. You don't need an app just to open a Web page
    Wait, you mean us BlackBerry users don't have to rely on apps to make our crippled os work properly... but.... is there an app for that?

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-17-14 05:40 PM
    Passaporto??
    What's the verdict then?
    Send it back or keeping it?
    11-17-14 06:17 PM
    Wow...maybe you need to admit that you don't want to give up your iphone!
    11-17-14 06:32 PM
    [QUOTE=digitladestined;11088824]Wow...maybe you need to admit that you don't want to give up your iphone![/QUOTE

I think it's pretty clear that I would like to work with the Passport in case it wasn't clear enough, thus my "Love the passport" comment. Sure, I should have asked a lot more questions prior to buying it but then again I assumed (yeah yeah..I know) that it's easier to switch to another platform. I will do the whole snap and Chrome thing and see what it takes. I do not necessarily agree with the statement of "you can do everything in your browser" I mean that's the whole point of apps. The ease of use. Sure there are ways around certain things. e.g. the banking app and Uber as it was mentioned in a post. But really if you look from a pure user perspective what makes the most sense (to me). Besides a raw mass of e-mails which mostly require some kind of answer..often lengthy (passport screen size!) I have thousands of photos on my device which I need for my work. Does the camera live up to what I am used to? Don't know yet. The ease of use is a big factor for me, certainly not for all. If I would do mostly e-mails and spreadsheets, hell yeah. there is no substitute to the passport. With the way I use it I might have to carry both devices for a period of time and adjust. At this point the 6 and the passport are equally loved. Time will tell who wins my heart as the best allrounder for my usage.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-17-14 06:58 PM
    Outstanding response. LOL
    11-17-14 07:09 PM
    amazon app store?
    11-17-14 08:09 PM
    [QUOTE=passaporto;11088885]
    Wow...maybe you need to admit that you don't want to give up your iphone![/QUOTE

I think it's pretty clear that I would like to work with the Passport in case it wasn't clear enough, thus my "Love the passport" comment. Sure, I should have asked a lot more questions prior to buying it but then again I assumed (yeah yeah..I know) that it's easier to switch to another platform. I will do the whole snap and Chrome thing and see what it takes. I do not necessarily agree with the statement of "you can do everything in your browser" I mean that's the whole point of apps. The ease of use. Sure there are ways around certain things. e.g. the banking app and Uber as it was mentioned in a post. But really if you look from a pure user perspective what makes the most sense (to me). Besides a raw mass of e-mails which mostly require some kind of answer..often lengthy (passport screen size!) I have thousands of photos on my device which I need for my work. Does the camera live up to what I am used to? Don't know yet. The ease of use is a big factor for me, certainly not for all. If I would do mostly e-mails and spreadsheets, hell yeah. there is no substitute to the passport. With the way I use it I might have to carry both devices for a period of time and adjust. At this point the 6 and the passport are equally loved. Time will tell who wins my heart as the best allrounder for my usage.
    If you carry around the iPhone then you'll never learn how to use the passport fully.

Zed's Red
    GeoK likes this.
    11-17-14 08:30 PM
    If you absolutely need FaceTime I believe an iPad mini paired with Passport is a great alternative. You'll find that with Snap ,Amazon and BlackBerry World you'll have the majority of the apps you need. And seeing how BlackBerry 10 is starting to gain more traction we should see more developers gain interest in the platform.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-17-14 08:33 PM
150 12345 ...