awesome ! thanks
    11-17-14 11:35 AM
    Now that sounds awfully convenient. Thanks!
    11-17-14 11:36 AM
    there are sooo many apps you missed - already in the BB world...

but what's confused me mostly - GMAIL app.

WTF?! why you need an app for gmail only, when you have BB Hub - which far more superior than any gmail app? this is just wrong.

No, facetime will not happen - you will be locked to apple for that.. or you just may ask your peers to install BBM. it is free, it is better.

other parts is just...
    from your list, waze - is on bb world, ebay is on bb world, number of other apps. others - available in amazon app store or could be downloaded from any other app store (1mobile in example) or using snap.

but basically - if you are SO dependant on apps... - get back to apple... because apple is famous for "well, we have only one solution for that - there's an app for that". but is very limited OS...

but seriously - gmail app when you have hub.. SMH
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 11:55 AM
    Though iPhone is the choice of weapon for most every executive I deal with including financial institutions.
    Can you let us know which financial institutions so we can steer far and clear away. Haha

Posted via CB10
    passaporto and LoganSix like this.
    11-17-14 11:58 AM
    found them...after I turned on the phone. thanks
    With Snap you should be about 90% happy (hopefully) by the way noticed you mentioned Inbox for Gmail, mind sending me an invite? I've PM'd you my email address
    11-17-14 12:03 PM
    That was fast! Thanks!
    11-17-14 12:17 PM
    You've got be kidding asking for native apple apps on anything but an apple products. Seriously...
    I didn't get back his first problem app... How could someone buy a (expensive) phone without knowing that it isn't an iphone, and therefore facetime won't work on it?
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 12:22 PM
    Generally if your app mad then BlackBerry isn't for you.

Posted via CB10
    "App mad" lol like the term.
    fyi there are 759 million websites and say even if 0.1% of them want to push the usage of their app version so 759K apps. Which phone has enough e-real estate for that many apps ?
    11-17-14 12:27 PM
    Just for you to know (in case you didn't), you can use the airline app for the boarding pass... that's what I do, use BlackBerry travel to handle and consolidate all the info and the airline app for the boarding pass...

However, as a frequent flyer, I prefer BlackBerry over all other platforms for some reasons. First of all - I absolutely love BlackBerry Travel. It consolidates all the airline apps in terms of flight status updates and trip planning. What's missing is the ability to display boarding passes within the app. So here you have to go the old school way.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-17-14 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the mostly helpful info.
    So what I read there is no way to get a FaceTime app on a BB. okay..now I know. Thanks
    I work on my phone most of the day and dig out my laptop only for elaborate work. 99% of my work I can do on my phone with the help of these apps giving me tremendous mobility for worldwide traveling where mostly I don't even take my laptop anymore. So, yes Apple was tremendously helpful in that sense.
    It might have come across wrong. I don't need these exact apps but I need replacements for these apps in order to be able to retire the iphone. Barking up the wrong tree? Wishful thinking? How do road worriers manage it all ? I can't possibly be the only one ...or maybe I am?
    You should of came for help when you had the Passport in your hands... not much sympathy here.

Posted via CB10
    passaporto likes this.
    11-17-14 12:34 PM
    Can't move that many people over to BBM "just" because I believe in BB. Most things are done on skype anyways BUT i still need FT and Free CC dialer
    BBM is crossplatform so you definitely can move people over... this means windows phone and Android also not excluded

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 12:36 PM
    If facetime is a 'must' for you, then you don't have any choice of brand at all, apple and only apple is what you can use.

There are many native bb10 apps for. Podcasts

But again, I cannot find understand why you even tried a non-apple device if Facetime is so important for you..
    11-17-14 12:39 PM
    Just for you to know (in case you didn't), you can use the airline app for the boarding pass... that's what I do, use BlackBerry travel to handle and consolidate all the info and the airline app for the boarding pass...
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah, of course I know. The problem is just that most airlines don't have a BlackBerry 10 App, so I go with e-mail or paper boarding passes most of the time. Thanks for the advice though.
    11-17-14 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the mostly helpful info.
    So what I read there is no way to get a FaceTime app on a BB. okay..now I know. Thanks
    I work on my phone most of the day and dig out my laptop only for elaborate work. 99% of my work I can do on my phone with the help of these apps giving me tremendous mobility for worldwide traveling where mostly I don't even take my laptop anymore. So, yes Apple was tremendously helpful in that sense.
    It might have come across wrong. I don't need these exact apps but I need replacements for these apps in order to be able to retire the iphone. Barking up the wrong tree? Wishful thinking? How do road worriers manage it all ? I can't possibly be the only one ...or maybe I am?
    I have never had any trouble and im on the road every day
    11-17-14 12:47 PM
    If you already have a MacBook, iPad or an iMac, you can use one of them for Facetime instead. That's a work around and you're not missing much.
    11-17-14 12:52 PM
    just install 1mobile - just from your brower and install the APK file. They have all the apps.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    11-17-14 01:01 PM
    I'm only commenting on the travel and boarding pass question - cause noone wants to know what I think of the rest of the thread (or more honestly no mod will tolerate me expressing it). So - most airlines and most travel agents e-mail me my boarding pass. Kind of simplest solution.
    11-17-14 01:07 PM
    which airlines do you use that doesn't have the option to download the app through snap? for my information i mean because the ones i use do have an android port... thanks!

Yeah, of course I know. The problem is just that most airlines don't have a BlackBerry 10 App, so I go with e-mail or paper boarding passes most of the time. Thanks for the advice though.
    11-17-14 01:17 PM
    that's a good solution, another one is to use a computer, convert the bp to pdf and then send it to yourself in an email... i use that when the airline doesn't give me the option to send it directly to me in their online checking page

I'm only commenting on the travel and boarding pass question - cause noone wants to know what I think of the rest of the thread (or more honestly no mod will tolerate me expressing it). So - most airlines and most travel agents e-mail me my boarding pass. Kind of simplest solution.
    11-17-14 01:20 PM
    which airlines do you use that doesn't have the option to download the app through snap? for my information i mean because the ones i use do have an android port... thanks!
    Since I currently don't use Android Apps on my BlackBerry, I'm sure you know there aren't many options for me. But that's not a problem. I'm actually happy with the downloaded / e-mailed boarding passes.
    11-17-14 01:43 PM
    Dumbest thread ever. Its like saying Im returning my PS4 beause it doesnt play Halo.. no ****
    11-17-14 01:56 PM
    Generally if your app mad then BlackBerry isn't for you.

Posted via CB10
    The whole app situation has been blown way out proportion since most people don't even download 1 app a month. comScore did a study that showed that most people are not that concerned with apps.
    https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Pr...589.1407244908
    11-17-14 02:04 PM
    seriously need to implement a neg rep system on here!
    11-17-14 02:07 PM
    A lot of good comments. For all of you who wanted to help and or steer me in the right direction. Thank you. Sincerely appreciated.

For all of you who felt compelled to make a snarly remark but fell somewhat short of being helpful, thanks for that as well. I am sure you meant well.

I did watch this video ( ) and yes, could have figured a lot of things out. I didn't so I wasn't informed enough at this point. Now I know a bit more (enough to be dangerous?) and can hopefully help some other rookies.
    Last edited by passaporto; 11-17-14 at 02:10 PM. Reason: wrong thread, sorry
    11-17-14 02:08 PM
    A lot of good advice. Thank you for that. Much appreciated and really helpful. The ones who felt compelled to comment without "helping". Well, you tried to be helpful I guess.
    Did watch a video ( ) on the side loading topics and all that. Could have, actually should have done it before so thank you for pointing things out.
    11-17-14 02:09 PM
150 1234 ...