As days pass I love this device more and more. At first I was so skeptical and on the verge of sending it back to keep my q10. Truly a phenomenal piece of equipment!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    geekaren and thedose like this.
    11-26-14 04:24 PM
    So glad that you love the PassPort!
    I have yet to see one myself so I can't say but people who have them love em.
    dmateo likes this.
    11-26-14 04:28 PM
    It's true jaydee, many people are a bit fanboy/girls, but people who are honestly taking the time to use the Passport and discover all it can do.
    I was more helped by the honest answer Tyler Florence gave to the interviewers about the phone back in October. he was promoting his cookbook, but one of the interviews commented on his new Blackberry. Celebrity chef, writer and television host Tyler Florence loves his new BlackBerry Passport | CrackBerry.com
    This passport is growing on me everyday. The screen size, the keyboard and Blend. Wow, Blend works so well.
    Not to mention Kevin O'Leary also gave the Blackberry Passport a good review as well.

**The interesting thing about tyler Florence's interview, that many people did not pick up on; is that when he shows the photos on his Passport the TV camera picks them up without a problem!

So glad that you love the PassPort! I have yet to see one myself so I can't say but people who have them love em.
    It's a shame that you can't get to a Rogers or AT&T store to have a look at one.
    But maybe someone can let jaydee have a look at their Passport from BalckBerry??
    11-26-14 06:17 PM
    Me too.
    There is only one compromise. The "wide" screen like on others.
    Apart from that, it is superior in all aspects. The screen is absolutely amazing and I like the shape. Once in a while I miss the Z30 screen shape, but not usually.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:20 PM
    Just to let you know, some Telus and Futureshop stores have a working model. maybe just in Alberta in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-979270/
    11-26-14 06:27 PM
    I just ordered the red one and a black hard case. I'm wondering what that will look like.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:30 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I just ordered the red one and a black hard case. I'm wondering what that will look like.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome!!! Lol you will be noticed!!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:31 PM
    Honestly I was super skeptical because it's very different from what I was accustomed to with the q but now that I'm fully operational with it it really is an awesome device. Love it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:36 PM
    When are you going to get one? Or are you waiting for BlackBerry Classic?????

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    11-26-14 06:41 PM
    Love my passport - I tried to wait for the white version but gave up and ordered the black one. Love it and it only took a couple of days to get comfortable with the keyboard lol. Although I admit every so often I hit the Z for alt when I want a comma. Definitely the best BlackBerry I've owned yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:41 PM
    Love my passport - I tried to wait for the white version but gave up and ordered the black one. Love it and it only took a couple of days to get comfortable with the keyboard lol. Although I admit every so often I hit the Z for alt when I want a comma. Definitely the best BlackBerry I've owned yet.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome I feel the same way the keyboard def takes time to get used to

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 07:08 PM
    Like racing stripes. Totally cool.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 10:20 PM
    I just got my Passport today and I can definitely see that this will take some getting used to. My current daily drivers are the Q10 for work and Z30 for personal. Prior to that I was rocking the Q5/Z10 work/personal combo. The Passport is going to be my new work daily driver but I can see that my learning curve will be a bit steep.

The 3-row keyboard/screen special keys/number hybrid has definitely slowed down my typing speed compared to the Q10. The size is also going to require a period of adjustment. I'm trying to find the right position to hold the phone and am valiantly seeing if there's a way to one-hand this thing. The Q10 used to slip into pants, jacket and suit pockets no problem. I'll have to adjust how I do it with the PP to ensure that I don't accidentally mis-aim and drop the device on the floor!

I'm having the same overwhelming, where-do-I-go, how-do-I-deal-with-this, feelings that I had when I first got the Z10. I know it will take time and I'm looking forward to being as productive, nay, more productive, on the PP than I am on my Q10. The potential is there for this amazing device... I just need to get through the growing pains of adopting a radically new and different device.

My only conundrum now is that I plan on picking up a Classic in the New Year but I only have room in my life for two daily drivers (I know, first world problems)... which combo will I end up using in 2015? Passport/Classic? Passport/Z30? Classic/Z30? One thing I am pretty certain of though, is that it's time to retire the Q10 and have it join my BB hall of fame along with the Z10, Q5 and all my huge legacy BB device collection.
    11-26-14 10:50 PM
    I love my pp too! I play with it all the time

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    11-26-14 11:40 PM
    What's taking you so long?
    11-27-14 01:41 AM
    I just got my Passport today and I can definitely see that this will take some getting used to. My current daily drivers are the Q10 for work and Z30 for personal. Prior to that I was rocking the Q5/Z10 work/personal combo. The Passport is going to be my new work daily driver but I can see that my learning curve will be a bit steep.

The 3-row keyboard/screen special keys/number hybrid has definitely slowed down my typing speed compared to the Q10. The size is also going to require a period of adjustment. I'm trying to find the right position to hold the phone and am valiantly seeing if there's a way to one-hand this thing. The Q10 used to slip into pants, jacket and suit pockets no problem. I'll have to adjust how I do it with the PP to ensure that I don't accidentally mis-aim and drop the device on the floor!

I'm having the same overwhelming, where-do-I-go, how-do-I-deal-with-this, feelings that I had when I first got the Z10. I know it will take time and I'm looking forward to being as productive, nay, more productive, on the PP than I am on my Q10. The potential is there for this amazing device... I just need to get through the growing pains of adopting a radically new and different device.

My only conundrum now is that I plan on picking up a Classic in the New Year but I only have room in my life for two daily drivers (I know, first world problems)... which combo will I end up using in 2015? Passport/Classic? Passport/Z30? Classic/Z30? One thing I am pretty certain of though, is that it's time to retire the Q10 and have it join my BB hall of fame along with the Z10, Q5 and all my huge legacy BB device collection.
    Having both a pp and a classic is a pretty nice combo. It's definitely an adjustment when you are coming from a q10. I'm definitely getting more and more used to it as the days go by!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 09:21 AM
    I agree, getting better with age!
    11-27-14 01:46 PM
    I started using the Passport two days ago, and it's a pretty unique device. The build quality is great. It feels like a very solid device. The call quality is crystal clear; the best of any BlackBerry I've had.

I'm not 100% comfortable with it but it's growing on me. I've gotten used to the wide size of the screen. When I look at my Z30 the screen look so narrow. The resolution and colors are very good.

I'm on T-Mobile and do get 4GLTE. At least it says so on the top right corner of the screen. I'm usually on WiFi so I haven't really tested out the 4G speeds.

At first I was skeptical about the three row keyboard, but after typing a few paragraphs I got used to it. The pop up virtual row is very helpful. It just takes undoing some muscle memory to stop pressing the non-existent "alt" key which is now the Z key. My first few messages had a lot of Zs I had to undo. Lol. The keyboard swiping is really nice. I'm getting the hang of it.

I am still thinking about getting the Classic because I don't think I'll be able to completely get used to the Passport. It's still going to be a while before the Classic comes out and I might develop a greater appreciation for the Passport.

All this was typed and swiped from my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    danfrancisco likes this.
    11-27-14 02:13 PM
    Loving this thread! I just ordered mine a few hours ago and according to Amazon it should arrive by Dec 2nd just in time for christmas. I'm calling it an early christmas present to myself

Soooo excited!!!!

Love my pp-screen-shot-2014-11-27-11.52.13-am.png
    11-27-14 02:41 PM
    Loving this thread! I just ordered mine a few hours ago and according to Amazon it should arrive by Dec 2nd just in time for christmas. I'm calling it an early christmas present to myself

Soooo excited!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 11.52.13 AM.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	317277
    I noticed you ordered an SD card and just realized I forgot to get a faster SD card!! The camera app says I can't record in 1080 without an SD card above a class 4. I'll have to go to the store on Friday. Hmmm I don't want to get trampled so maybe I'll wait. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:28 PM
    I noticed you ordered an SD card and just realized I forgot to get a faster SD card!! The camera app says I can't record in 1080 without an SD card above a class 4. I'll have to go to the store on Friday. Hmmm I don't want to get trampled so maybe I'll wait. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    Why not just order the same one I did on amazon?

It's $27.99 with Prime, should arrive in like 2 days -- better than get stampeded on by the angry mob of zombie shoppers hahaha
    11-27-14 03:43 PM
    I feel the same as the OP. I love just holding this device in my hands. The quality it exudes is beyond anything else that is out on the marketplace.
    I discover more and more ways to become productive using this device each and every day. I am still getting used to the keyboard and am not yet quite as fast as I was on my Q 10 but I am getting there. However I do love the voice to text feature which works exceptionally well on the Passport.
    I also am on T-Mobile and I get very fast LTE speeds.

Love my pp-img_20141127_134451.png

Posted via CB10
    law_ren22 likes this.
    11-27-14 04:01 PM
    The pop up virtual row is very helpful. It just takes undoing some muscle memory to stop pressing the non-existent "alt" key which is now the Z key. My first few messages had a lot of Zs I had to undo. Lol. The keyboard swiping is really nice. I'm getting the hang of it.

Posted via CB10
    This comment so perfectly describes my new Passport typing experience it's scary! It's so true what you said about undoing muscle memory! Couldn't have said it better myself! In fact I had to delete a "z" at least three times writing this post!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:10 PM
    Absolutely loving mine as well... Just sometimes unsure about how to hold the phone properly, but I know all things sort themselves out sooner or later.

Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    11-27-14 11:40 PM
    If only my girlfriend loved my pp as much as I do... :P

For everyone wishing to improve their typing speeds on this beast of a device, check out the "extreme typist" app in BlackBerry World. I am in no way affiliated with the app (and it's free) but it totally halped me get my fingers flying. There was another thread on here about getting used to the keyboard and that was suggested. A couple of days with that app instead of brickbreaker and you will have your muscle memory in no time. It also tells you your WPM so you can see how fast you improve!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-27-14 11:55 PM
27 12