Had it since the beginning of November, love at first sight.

At first it was a little bigger than I expected, but I was over that quickly. Writing fast took me over a month and now I can write without even looking at the keyboard. Love the screen, love the capacitive keyboard, absolutely amazed by the battery life, love BB10.

Then why am I parting from it? I just have too many dollars invested in iOS apps (close to 300$) and I refuse to buy them again for BlackBerry.

But I must say that the Passport was the best phone I've had in my life.
    DBundick, mkiiw, Chrisy and 1 others like this.
    04-11-15 09:29 AM

At first it was a little bigger than I expected, but I was over that quickly. Writing fast took me over a month and now I can write without even looking at the keyboard. Love the screen, love the capacitive keyboard, absolutely amazed by the battery life, love BB10.

Then why am I parting from it? I just have too many dollars invested in iOS apps (close to 300$) and I refuse to buy them again for BlackBerry.

Why? BlackBerry has your back! They've worked hard to make sure there isn't $300 worth of decent available apps to buy for BlackBerry devices!

Lol, jk. Shame to see you have to part with something you enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon, Atakan and Soapm like this.
    04-11-15 09:32 AM
    Another reason not to invest in any ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:34 AM
    Whipped.
    04-11-15 09:39 AM
    Just curious, do you have a few apps that are really expensive or like a gazillion apps for 0,99?

 Passport
    moody and TJKGT like this.
    04-11-15 09:42 AM
    So it's took six months more or less to decide you can't live without apps that you haven't had on the phone, I've spent more than 300 dollars on take out in that time, can't say I'd miss 300 dollars of throw away stuff all that much over that time period but each to there own I suppose,
    Oh and I left iPhone in march with a good few � spent on it over my ownership that I'm not bothered about losing since the passport is so much better for me.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-11-15 09:42 AM
    Use the BlackBerry Passport as daily driver for efficiency and combined with iPad for your 'ecosystem'.

There's even Blend available for iOS to access your Passport from iPad.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:43 AM
    eh? i have around 150$ in android apps (but im on a Q10 now) (soon to be a passport)

Stay with the secure system IOS is sh!te.
    moody likes this.
    04-11-15 09:46 AM
    A few of them are pricey, other not so much, others 0,99...
    04-11-15 10:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    A little to late for that... Now I've known my lesson.
    04-11-15 10:03 AM
    Use the BlackBerry Passport as daily driver for efficiency and combined with iPad for your 'ecosystem'.

There's even Blend available for iOS to access your Passport from iPad.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that, didn't like carrying another device, I already have my Passport (personal), and LG G3 (work) and my MacBook Air.
    04-11-15 10:05 AM
    And now you are going to take a $300 loss on the phone selling it used.....

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer and moody like this.
    04-11-15 10:37 AM
    Not really, I'm from Venezuela and here the resell price of the phone is around 500$
    Chris Chin likes this.
    04-11-15 11:20 AM
    Good example of the walled garden... Once you get walled into it you are trapped... does not matter how good you new device is.. you get dragged back to the old ecosystem.. outside of simplicity of use... the main reason Apple is so successful.... It's sort of like when you invest in renovating a house.. does not matter how much money you put into the reno... you would never make it back when you sell it. Sad to see the OP did not do homework on the purchase. If you research switching devices... first thing you know is the app deficiency... should have set off huge warning bells.... but them again.. that is the problem with impulse purchases....
    will308 and mkelley65 like this.
    04-11-15 11:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well you definitely won't encounter that problem with BlackBerry.

Posted from an ME173X
    04-11-15 11:22 AM
    Passport as main phone, Z30 as secondary, android HTC as media player, android tablet w/ lte, PlayBook for whatever, and Windows 7 as laptop.

Use whatever suits your needs, don't buy a gadget and then create a need for it.

Am I making sense? Lol

via Z30
    Meshdow and JosevuN3 like this.
    04-11-15 11:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    Then what is the reason to buy a smartphone? You can simply use a feature phone, not that a Blackberry is any different, and save yourself a lot of money.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-11-15 11:41 AM
    Good example of the walled garden... Once you get walled into it you are trapped... does not matter how good you new device is.. you get dragged back to the old ecosystem.. outside of simplicity of use... the main reason Apple is so successful.... It's sort of like when you invest in renovating a house.. does not matter how much money you put into the reno... you would never make it back when you sell it. Sad to see the OP did not do homework on the purchase. If you research switching devices... first thing you know is the app deficiency... should have set off huge warning bells.... but them again.. that is the problem with impulse purchases....
    If he had done his homework, he would not have purchased a Blackberry. Why going from a phone with an ecosystyem to a phone with none? by the way, before BB became "Open", it was the most walled of all, just now they play the "open" card because they failed to build apps and services.
    jas1978, JosevuN3 and Blacklatino like this.
    04-11-15 11:45 AM
    Why not just use your ios as a tablet on wifi?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:59 AM
    I know also people that don't wish to quit IOS just because of the apps they have bought...

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    04-11-15 12:01 PM
    I know a lot of people who wanted to move to BlackBerry after letting them see and feel my Passport. The problem is, most of those apps / games they are already dependent on are not available in BB10 (as native apps / games). And we all know that Android options is just a lousy solution to close the gaps. As most of them commented, it is better to get an Android phone then.

BlackBerry really need to invest on those popular apps and games. They don't need to get all iOS and Android apps / games but the most popular and commonly used apps / games - they have to invest on them for them to stay relevant and competitive.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:09 PM

300 dollars..........really what waste of money
    acovey likes this.
    04-11-15 12:14 PM
    Stick with the Passport and buy an Ipad. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    04-11-15 12:16 PM
    300 dollars..........really what waste of money
    And not really a slam against app availability on BlackBerry, sounds like OP just doesn't want to buy the apps again. Would have been the same conclusion reached if switching to any platform. So I guess OP is bound to Apple forever.

I probably have about $60 in apps currently but I don't really think too much about the total as I probably paid about $1.99 per app and don't even use 80% of them anymore. Money wasted on a whim for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:19 PM
    Then what is the reason to buy a smartphone? You can simply use a feature phone, not that a Blackberry is any different, and save yourself a lot of money.
    You can be part of the ecosystem without investing in it.

Free or freemium apps

Posted via CB10
    will308 and Chrisy like this.
    04-11-15 12:23 PM
107 123 ...