The op could sell his iPhone, but the $300 dollars in virtual goods he has purchased apple provides no Avenue to resell. Do you actually own a app you have purchased? Digital and cloud-based anything is a huge scam and a attack on the consumer.

Posted via CB10
    Gatmyer and anon9347040 like this.
    04-12-15 06:36 AM
    Thanks for all the feedback (positive and negative).
    04-12-15 08:46 AM
    Hey OP, at least you've been trying out an excellent tech device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-12-15 08:59 AM
    just get what you need, at least you've been trying the best (vote) device
    04-12-15 09:28 AM
    Since I hate Android devices and I'm one of the managers at work maybe I'll sell the Passport to the company and use it as my work device. That would be the perfect combo, my Passport and my iPhone.
    moody and anon(9353145) like this.
    04-12-15 09:28 AM
    Well I had about $100 worth of apps on my BlackBerry Torch that aren't compatible w/ BB10 & not developed for BB10 so I lost when I got my Z30.

One cost $30 and one $20 so it's easy to total up to $100 with just a few of those.

Those two I used all the time. But I got my moneys worth b/c I had use of them for almost 6 years.

I've considered purchasing the android versions and hope they work but haven't looked into it. Apps don't cost as much as they did back in 2008 w/ BlackBerry was at its peak and apps were pricey just b/c they could be.
    04-12-15 12:29 PM
    I agree Apple is more about the status quo, very much like BMW, they both appeal to the masses but aren't necessarily better than their competitors. But then again just because one product can do more than another doesn't make it better. IMO the Passport is the best android phone out but I believe the iPhone6 is on par if not better than the BBP.
    Passport is not an android phone... it's a BlackBerry 10 phone with Android runtime built in.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    04-12-15 12:37 PM
    No good

Posted via BBPP
    04-12-15 01:24 PM
    That's a load of crap for starters mate BlackBerry pp is the best phone out. Also just won two awards for design and best smart phone

Posted via BBPP
    04-12-15 01:25 PM
    Since I hate Android devices and I'm one of the managers at work maybe I'll sell the Passport to the company and use it as my work device. That would be the perfect combo, my Passport and my iPhone.
    Not a bad combo at all. If I'm going out with a group of friends I bring my iPhone 6 most of the time. Nice and light, and takes great pics. Still curious what apps you use on your iPhone 6, maybe some of us could help you find alternatives on your Passport (depending on the apps obviously). I'm sure many would love to help you out since you seem to really enjoy using it.
    moody likes this.
    04-12-15 01:50 PM
    That's a load of crap for starters mate BlackBerry pp is the best phone out. Also just won two awards for design and best smart phone

Posted via BBPP
    Didn't know BBP was awarded with those categories. Cool
    04-12-15 03:21 PM
    Well, I had paid apps on my iPhone but I got my Passport in late December. I do not miss any of them, as I've downloaded them on my iPad. Sure, some don't look nice at all, but they get their job done.

(My iPhone has done nothing more than collect dust because no one wants to buy that bloody thing.)

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 04:22 PM
    Sorry guys,

Digital music is really sweet, I absolutely love being able to store 5 trillion songs on a hard-drive, but I will be returning to my CD player because of the $1000+ I've invested in compact discs.
    I actually laughed out loud at this.
    04-12-15 04:24 PM
    Wow...Why is this thread still open. The ecosystem and the need to fit in is more important to Ops then function. Good for Ops.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...l#post11409216
    04-12-15 04:48 PM
    I know a lot of people who wanted to move to BlackBerry after letting them see and feel my Passport. The problem is, most of those apps / games they are already dependent on are not available in BB10 (as native apps / games). And we all know that Android options is just a lousy solution to close the gaps. As most of them commented, it is better to get an Android phone then.

BlackBerry really need to invest on those popular apps and games. They don't need to get all iOS and Android apps / games but the most popular and commonly used apps / games - they have to invest on them for them to stay relevant and competitive.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry invested a ton of money on "app bounties" (I'm pretty sure Waze and Songza were bribed, for instance).

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-12-15 04:53 PM
    A little to late for that... Now I've known my lesson.
    Hmm. Many of us older guys/gals have learned ours long ago, specifically this lesson and many blog and forum posts about it over th last decade have been done.

Symbain an incredibly powerful platform with hundreds of thousands of apps scattered across forums and sites before the app store war began. Many apps cost $4.99+ US and this platform, bolstered by Ruby and Python had legs for a long while even stylus and finger (early) touch based system with Symbian 7 before stagnation from their creators confidence settled in, before ideas of new designs where completely exhausted. Before an app store was created and an open source led development community of the core code was unified. Nokia made a HUGE investment and attempt and tried really hard but developers found Qt difficult (funny enough Qt is used in BB10 as a programming source code).

Same thing occurred, save for going open source, with Windows Mobile (Pocket PC/PC-PE & Smartphone Editions).

So I'm curious what will you think of, what will you do with your $300+ iOS apps investment when iOS ceases to be the bees knees: no longer the best camera (arguably) in a smartphone the best for health apps (sorry when it comes to universal compliance and operation not even Android developers get this right) , and no longer being developed heavily when device sales significantly drop and prices continue to climb?!! Mmm-hmmmf.

What then?
    Will that investment matter??

Posted using CB10 via Z10
    will308, nappalonia and Joey Vajda like this.
    04-13-15 01:10 AM
    BlackBerry invested a ton of money on "app bounties" (I'm pretty sure Waze and Songza were bribed, for instance).

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    lol! Does BlackBerry really need to bribe them!?!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:31 AM
    Had it since the beginning of November, love at first sight.

At first it was a little bigger than I expected, but I was over that quickly. Writing fast took me over a month and now I can write without even looking at the keyboard. Love the screen, love the capacitive keyboard, absolutely amazed by the battery life, love BB10.

Then why am I parting from it? I just have too many dollars invested in iOS apps (close to 300$) and I refuse to buy them again for BlackBerry.

But I must say that the Passport was the best phone I've had in my life.
    Enjoy the Matrix.
    04-13-15 01:52 AM
    Well I had about $100 worth of apps on my BlackBerry Torch that aren't compatible w/ BB10 & not developed for BB10 so I lost when I got my Z30.

One cost $30 and one $20 so it's easy to total up to $100 with just a few of those.

Those two I used all the time. But I got my moneys worth b/c I had use of them for almost 6 years.

I've considered purchasing the android versions and hope they work but haven't looked into it. Apps don't cost as much as they did back in 2008 w/ BlackBerry was at its peak and apps were pricey just b/c they could be.
    True. I was waiting for someone to bring that up. LOL. Besides, I won't even dare to mention just how much I've actually spent for all of my BlackBerries on apps, carrying cases, Big azz batteries, etc... So,many of us of have been there before on BlackBerry(shrugs shoulders). But, we didn't complain about it. It's called hype for a new device fueled by excitement for a new BlackBerry. We see it on here in similar threads. A lot of consumers make assumptions about the ecosystem, then reality sets in after the purchase- especially after realizing there are no work-arounds between the "fruity" platforms for the apps in constant use by many.
    moody likes this.
    04-13-15 07:43 AM
    I had close to $200 worth of apps on the Play Store and I deleted my account loosing all those apps. Now I have a Passport with around $10 on apps and an iPad with $6 on apps. Shouldn't let one ecosystem pull you back from another
    04-13-15 12:53 PM
    Why buy the phone in the first place? I'm sure you knew this would be an issue before buying your passport...

Sent from my Passport
    will308 likes this.
    04-13-15 01:26 PM

At first it was a little bigger than I expected, but I was over that quickly. Writing fast took me over a month and now I can write without even looking at the keyboard. Love the screen, love the capacitive keyboard, absolutely amazed by the battery life, love BB10.

Then why am I parting from it? I just have too many dollars invested in iOS apps (close to 300$) and I refuse to buy them again for BlackBerry.

That"s always a diallema for ios users. Although I really like the designs and that space gray color is amazing, i opted to stay out of the APPLE eco system. Biut here's a ??? for you? Will you now get the upcoming iwatch?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-15 01:30 PM
    $300 on IOS apps. Dang, after 6 years on iPhones, I don't even think I spent $50 on apps. Someone gave me a $50 gift card once and I still had a balance on it before I jumped ship and came home to Blackberry. Apps should never be used as a yardstick of "investment". With easily accessible gift cards in various denominations, I could imagine there are those who throw away hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars...but that is because they choose to. Like CecilTsunami said, most app purchases are whims.

Selling superior hardware because of a $300 "investment", sounds illogical to me. If your apps were medical, or financial, or government specialty apps that are only available on the IOS platform, than fine, stand on your reasoning. But if you're gonna chop your Passport over Angry Birds or some mess like that...
    04-13-15 03:41 PM
    Same issue with me. I have a few apps I need and use daily, and there are no replacements for them with Bb devices. Tried Snap and it didn't work out too well.

Apple nailed it when it comes to user experience and building their ecosystem.

04-13-15 10:58 PM
    Apple is investing on it to the point that they are offering excellent incentives to the developers of popular and most commonly used apps / games.

Whilst BlackBerry relies on loyal users... even their marketing, they rely on loyal BlackBerry users to spread the good news...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:57 PM
107 ... 2345