And not really a slam against app availability on BlackBerry, sounds like OP just doesn't want to buy the apps again. Would have been the same conclusion reached if switching to any platform. So I guess OP is bound to Apple forever.

I probably have about $60 in apps currently but I don't really think too much about the total as I probably paid about $1.99 per app and don't even use 80% of them anymore. Money wasted on a whim for the most part.

Posted via CB10
    You hit it on the head there! I've probably spent the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:24 PM
    There. is. no. such. thing. as. free. apps.

 Passport
    04-11-15 12:30 PM
    300 dollars..........really what waste of money
    For you maybe...

Posted via CB10
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-11-15 12:41 PM
    I think I spent $300 on beer in a single night before.
    04-11-15 12:41 PM
    I look at it this way iOS and $300 for apps or an $800 passport free upgrade or a small penalty even if you pay $150 your still ahead of the game. Not sure what your provider gives you but in canada you can pretty much upgrade and make a deal anytime. Passport is the way to go. Sell your iphone and you don't lose anything.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:42 PM
    In a not related note, I am going to Venezuela today for a personal emergency... isn't kind of unsafe to carry a passport around there?

Not really, I'm from Venezuela and here the resell price of the phone is around 500$

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 12:55 PM
    So I'm assuming you're wanting to sell your phone?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:05 PM
    In a not related note, I am going to Venezuela today for a personal emergency... isn't kind of unsafe to carry a passport around there?

Posted via CB10
    Just don't go flashing it on the street and you'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 01:15 PM
    So I'm assuming you're wanting to sell your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm selling it.

Posted via CB10
    I think I spent $300 on beer in a single night before.
    Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    I can't blame OP for moving back to IOS. It's like comparing apple to orange. I too enjoy Iphone very much, but I got ipad for entertainment so BB is perfect for me.
    04-11-15 01:28 PM
    So your life and change of heart is 300 dollar , how do you get 300 dollar on apps and u really use them? I only bought the garfield stickers because I like them but that's it, when I used android for almost a decade I never bought any app. and have almost 50GB of flac and MP3 and also netflix and spotify now on my blackberry Passport

So for me it seems too use an overpriced ihpone 800 euro 64 Gb you almost spend a lot of money to use it as well? WoW
    AnimalPak200, acovey and will308 like this.
    04-11-15 01:51 PM
    So your life and change of heart is 300 dollar , how do you get 300 dollar on apps and u really use them? I only bought the garfield stickers because I like them but that's it, when I used android for almost a decade I never bought any app. and have almost 50GB of flac and MP3 and also netflix and spotify now on my blackberry Passport

So for me it seems too use an overpriced ihpone 800 euro 64 Gb you almost spend a lot of money to use it as well? WoW
    I think this is a good point.

It begs the question whether it is a 'conflict of interest' that the manufacturer of the device also gets a cut of any sales of the programs sold to run on the device.

It actually is a disincentive for Apple to build more features into the device.

Think about it, if Apple doesn't include a flashlight app in their OS, (1) they don't spend the development effort needed to develop one, and (2) they get paid for every flashlight app made by a third part developer that is sold .

Why would they bother spending money adding more built-in features, if they can just let others do it,.. and then just collect app store fees?

So the fact that you spent $300 (unless it was on iTunes, which-- is just sad), shows how unsuitable the iPhone originally was for your needs.

Posted via CB10
    moody, acovey, deltact and 1 others like this.
    04-11-15 02:42 PM
    {warning the fiction here is only fiction, names have been removed to protect the innocent.}
    I'm not convinced he is talking about his phone. Really, we're talking about going from a Passport back to iOS. I think he was just using the phone scenario as objects similar to his real issue.
    Where else could you go and talk about something so close and personal to a group that cares so much. Well that is here.
    What if he said something like this:
    I met this Really hot red haired girl and have had the most amazing time with her. But I am feeling so guilty cause I was cheating on my girlfriend with the bombshell red head. I have put so much into the first relationship, I should really just call it off with the red haired wonder.

Believe me, he'll be back for more of the red haired girl.

Posted Via Red Passport
    miker476, thymaster, moody and 4 others like this.
    04-11-15 03:45 PM
    This scenario is one the Apple is happy about as they want users to think it is too much work to leave their ecosystem. It's a shame but it's true.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 04:08 PM
    What kind of apps are you using? I have only 5 Android apps installed besides my preinstalled BB10 apps. All of my Android apps are free too. I don't understand how people can spend that much on apps or so heavily invested in them. Unless they are mostly games you have on your iPhones then it would definitely suits you more because they are fun iToys.

I have an iPad too but I don't purchase any apps from iTunes either. Just have all the freebie ones. Other then that I use mostly web browsing and watch YouTube. Anything else my Passport does the job and does it well.
    moody and Blacklatino like this.
    04-11-15 04:37 PM
    I think this is a good point.

It begs the question whether it is a 'conflict of interest' that the manufacturer of the device also gets a cut of any sales of the programs sold to run on the device.

It actually is a disincentive for Apple to build more features into the device.

Think about it, if Apple doesn't include a flashlight app in their OS, (1) they don't spend the development effort needed to develop one, and (2) they get paid for every flashlight app made by a third part developer that is sold .

Why would they bother spending money adding more built-in features, if they can just let others do it,.. and then just collect app store fees?

So the fact that you spent $300 (unless it was on iTunes, which-- is just sad), shows how unsuitable the iPhone originally was for your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to support my opinion. What ever he is going back or not is his choice but it wonders me Maybe because I'm Frysian and we don't care about what other doing, or thinking we doing it always our own way. That's why the pre frysian forefathers walk to rome to say to the empire of rome that the tax was silly and to high. I also think that the iphone is to expensive for his hardware and the os is buggy and itunes is a pain in the fruit and I can say it here on the internet.

silly because the frysian must pay there taxes with some kind of cow they don't even breeding that time and that's why attack again the romans.
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-11-15 at 06:09 PM.
    04-11-15 05:57 PM
    How much do you want for your Passport?
    04-11-15 07:26 PM
    For you maybe...

Posted via CB10
    Purely out of curiousity, what paid apps on iOS? I flip between Android, iOS and BB10 and can't think of anything that would hold me to any particular ecosystem (though I pretty much use just my Passport as my daily driver as I like the way it handles things).
    04-11-15 07:45 PM
    Bye bye..

I kinda happy not everyone using Passport. Leave Passport to the winners please
    acovey and JG_Agustin like this.
    04-11-15 07:50 PM
    respect OP's decision. Nothing wrong with going back to IOS or Androids. You choose whatever suits you better. I like BB but If apple or androids makes better OS than BB, I may give them a try.
    04-11-15 07:55 PM
    What apps are so awesome top make you switch back but not important enough to have for 6 months?

From a Classic
    04-11-15 08:02 PM
    Why can't you have 2 phones ?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281

Attachment 346968
    04-11-15 08:03 PM
    I wonder if it's a work-related app of sorts that has no BB10 counterpart? But then, you've already been without them for 6 months!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 08:19 PM
    Why can't you have 2 phones ?

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281

Attachment 346968
    I'm thinking the same thing lol. Why sell the passport if you can keep both? I still have my iPhone as my media /game phone (which sometimes I forgot that I still have it) .
    Just keep the passport. Unless you really need that money (from selling the passport) then it's your choice.

 Posted via CB10 on my BB Passport 
    04-11-15 08:32 PM
107 1234 ...