On my Passport I lose quite often my mobile data connection (from T mobile in The Netherlands), with the voice connection I haven't any problems. To solve the problem I have to turn the mobile antenna off and on, so the Passport makes a new connection, this works for a while but after some time it will lose the mobile data connection again.
    I don't have problems with wifi.
    I called my provider and they said they do not support BlackBerry devices but after I said my z10 and z30 are working great they sent me a new sim card but this didn't solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 01:10 AM
    Also T mobile Netherlands and same problem. Happens randomly and it's very anoying. Only notice it because my phone stays silent for to long. Now have the habit of checking regularly if voice and data is running.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 01:57 AM
    Also T mobile Netherlands and same problem. Happens randomly and it's very anoying. Only notice it because my phone stays silent for to long. Now have the habit of checking regularly if voice and data is running.

Posted via CB10
    Do you also use a Passport and have or had you other devices with the same problem?
    It seems that my z10 and z30 do not have this data connection problem.
    Is it a T mobile Netherlands problem or a BlackBerry Passport problem?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:33 AM
    Using the PP. It's my first BlackBerry device. Got it now for about 4 months. Never had this problem with my Note 3 on the same T Mobile sim card so I think it's the PP that's causing the problem

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 04:05 AM
    On my Passport I lose quite often my mobile data connection (from T mobile in The Netherlands), with the voice connection I haven't any problems. To solve the problem I have to turn the mobile antenna off and on, so the Passport makes a new connection, this works for a while but after some time it will lose the mobile data connection again.
    I don't have problems with wifi.
    I called my provider and they said they do not support BlackBerry devices but after I said my z10 and z30 are working great they sent me a new sim card but this didn't solve the problem.

Posted via CB10
    In setting> Network and Connections > Mobile Network what is the value of your Network Mode? Try setting it to only 3G or maybe 4G and 3G.

I found that my PP has a stable mobile network when choosing fewer options (ex. 3G only versus 4G & 3G & 2G). Of course it depends on what type of Network has a strong signal for your network.

In my case, I have settled with 4G & 3G. Try playing around with what works best for you.
    02-24-16 07:12 AM
    Will try it out. Fixed on 4G and 3G now. Thnx!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 09:54 AM
    Problem is still there. Running on 4G/3G only did not change anything.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 02:24 AM
    Problem is still there. Running on 4G/3G only did not change anything.

Posted via CB10
    Is your SIM card cut or pre-cut? You mentioned earlier in your post that your Note 3 didn't have the problem. Note 3 uses a micro SIM and PP uses a Nano SIM. If you cut your SIM from micro to Nano it sometimes could get damage or worse, damage the SIM tray of your PP.

Try getting a new nano SIM from your provider. If it still doesn't work then there may be something wrong already with your PP.

BTW my suggestion to use 4G/3G is for the OP who loses mobile data but doesn't loose voice signal. In your case you loose all signal, so it's a different scenario.
    02-29-16 04:01 AM
    It's the antenna a lot of people are having trouble with this including myself with nowhere to turn to

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 04:14 PM
    In setting> Network and Connections > Mobile Network what is the value of your Network Mode? Try setting it to only 3G or maybe 4G and 3G.

I found that my PP has a stable mobile network when choosing fewer options (ex. 3G only versus 4G & 3G & 2G). Of course it depends on what type of Network has a strong signal for your network.

In my case, I have settled with 4G & 3G. Try playing around with what works best for you.
    I don't have that option anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 04:16 PM
    Losing mobile data connection-img_20160229_161646.png

This is my z10 but pp looks the same

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 04:17 PM
    I just went through this problem for a few weeks. Turns out settings is probably not the problem if you have had the phone for. Awhile. There's a possible flaw with the design of the radio on the phone blackberry will not admit. After weeks of dealing with dropped signals and the run around from blackberry. / repair shops ( I'm past warranty) I brought it to a recommended phone derive guy. Right away when it old him he said it's 2 things. Either there a lot of dust in my phone. Or the antenna connector has partially dislodged from the motherboard.
    He took it appart and was amazed at the mount of dust the came out of the phone ( I work in an extremely dusty environment. And have been going through renos at my hous efor a year now so it was expected) he cleaned it all out put it back together and it works perfect now.

Under the back on the phone there's little finger looking pieces that tough the back of the phone which acts as the antenna. Dust gets between the fingers and prevents proper contact. If you have had the phone for a long time and notices it gets very hot get it cleaned out. It's probably the issue.

My phone now works like the day I bought it again!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:01 PM
    I just went through this problem for a few weeks. Turns out settings is probably not the problem if you have had the phone for. Awhile. There's a possible flaw with the design of the radio on the phone blackberry will not admit. After weeks of dealing with dropped signals and the run around from blackberry. / repair shops ( I'm past warranty) I brought it to a recommended phone derive guy. Right away when it old him he said it's 2 things. Either there a lot of dust in my phone. Or the antenna connector has partially dislodged from the motherboard.
    He took it appart and was amazed at the mount of dust the came out of the phone ( I work in an extremely dusty environment. And have been going through renos at my hous efor a year now so it was expected) he cleaned it all out put it back together and it works perfect now.

Under the back on the phone there's little finger looking pieces that tough the back of the phone which acts as the antenna. Dust gets between the fingers and prevents proper contact. If you have had the phone for a long time and notices it gets very hot get it cleaned out. It's probably the issue.

My phone now works like the day I bought it again!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Okay will try this out...Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 09:23 PM
    I have had issues in the UK ,what appeared to be happening was if you can't get a signal with your provider the device will switch to another carrier so you still have emergency calls. Sometimes it doesn't change back even when you're back in signal with your own carrier.

I was advised by BlackBerry to set your connection method to manual instead of automatic but it still happens at times.

Losing mobile data connection-img_20160308_001434.png

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 06:19 PM
    I am on T-Mobile in the States but I've been experiencing this issue for the past week. How does one go about and find a verified BlackBerry dealer? Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 01:49 PM