Sadly your experience was bad, mine was great... but again, I don't use too many apps, and obviously every day the ART will get older and older, which means to you that more likely an app that you need/want will stop working... so, I think was a lost war from the beginning... however, I do think that device was awesome, I enjoyed using it every time I did... for instance the integration with the hub, or the gesture based OS, or the glorious keyboard... replying emails on the fly was so easy and nice... don't forget that BlackBerry and any brand/device for that matter, it's not for everyone...

Sure, I knew about it. But I did not expect it to be as bad as it turned out.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-20-16 04:56 PM
    I must be missing something... I can't seem to get past the terms & conditions page?

The marketplace is http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1076665

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 

Posted via CB10
    07-20-16 06:44 PM
    I must be missing something... I can't seem to get past the terms & conditions page?

Posted via CB10
    Below the "sticky threads" http://forums.crackberry.com//market...ell-trade-f14/

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    07-20-16 06:52 PM
    Honestly, I feel your pain. I had the passport for over a year. I could get most of the apps that I wanted no problem. There were just a few that I couldn't get that were unforgiving.

The lack of sports apps was the breaking point. I began to hate that I couldn't keep up with sports because I love sports. The next app that didn't function well was Vivint. I use it for home security and when someone comes to my house, I can't even see the notification because the app doesn't get notifications.

Once I came to android, I got the functionality I needed from apps and more. I quickly realized how far behind I was when it came to jellybean vs marshmallow. For instance, the pebble app for Android is world's better than on blackberry.

The passport was a great phone but it came up short in more ways than one with apps. Couldn't ignore that anymore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    naijab0y likes this.
    07-20-16 10:05 PM
    I agree with you Curves2000 ! I am a fan of the Passport keyboard and the hub. That's already good enough to explain why I stick onto it. I believe a mismatch of user's expectation towards the functionalities of the Passport is just a sign of "not a right pick" and nothing negative about the product itself.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-21-16 12:16 AM
    I agree with you Curves2000 ! I am a fan of the Passport keyboard and the hub. That's already good enough to explain why I stick onto it. I believe a mismatch of user's expectation towards the functionalities of the Passport is just a sign of "not a right pick" and nothing negative about the product itself.
    Well said . Agree with you 100 percent .
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-21-16 01:10 AM
    I must say.. I disagree. Why? Cos when the Passport was released.. It was at a time when BlackBerry was pushing for the amazon app store and promoting android compatibility. However, that failed and we never saw any development past ART 4.3.

Thus, for those like me who got the passport when it was released we were ultimately forced to deal with it's inefficiencies and frustrations causing us to move on. In my case I got the PRIV.

It's nothing to do with bad choices on the users part. It's more that BlackBerry failed to attain what it was trying to.

Having said that, the passport is a lovely phone and I do remember it fondly. However, I'm here now typing on my pkb which is actually just as functional as the Passport's and maybe more thanks to the 4 row format. Have the option of a vkb for when I want to switch just for the funk of it or use one handed. Got flick and swipe typing functionality on pkb and vkb. The hub, albeit not as smooth or integrated as bb10 but more than effective and works with no glitches. Access to a ridiculous number of apps for either play, productivity, social networking etc.. so I really wonder why anyone can't see the leaps and bounds advantage the PRIV is over bb10 phones.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    07-21-16 02:15 AM
    I must say.. I disagree. Why? Cos when the Passport was released.. It was at a time when BlackBerry was pushing for the amazon app store and promoting android compatibility. However, that failed and we never saw any development past ART 4.3.

Thus, for those like me who got the passport when it was released we were ultimately forced to deal with it's inefficiencies and frustrations causing us to move on. In my case I got the PRIV.

It's nothing to do with bad choices on the users part. It's more that BlackBerry failed to attain what it was trying to.

Having said that, the passport is a lovely phone and I do remember it fondly. However, I'm here now typing on my pkb which is actually just as functional as the Passport's and maybe more thanks to the 4 row format. Have the option of a vkb for when I want to switch just for the funk of it or use one handed. Got flick and swipe typing functionality on pkb and vkb. The hub, albeit not as smooth or integrated as bb10 but more than effective and works with no glitches. Access to a ridiculous number of apps for either play, productivity, social networking etc.. so I really wonder why anyone can't see the leaps and bounds advantage the PRIV is over bb10 phones.

There is a lot of truth in what your saying. When the Passport was released in September of 2014 BlackBerry still had a user base north of 40 million users despite all the issues that had plagued the company. One of the main reasons why the mainstream smartphone user didn't buy a BlackBerry was due to a lack of apps.

John Chen and company figured the Amazon App store would help to fill as much as possible the app gap. For various reasons that never happened in large parts.

I am a big John Chen believe but I really do deep down think that him and the executive team were either surprised or overwhelmed with turning around the BB10 version of the hardware division. Despite whatever efforts they tried, they have bled in excess of 30 million smartphone BlackBerry clients. Just think about that for a second.

We can debate plenty when it comes to BlackBerry and John Chen & Co. The smartphone division is constantly throwing hail mary's with different devices, OS's etc. The software and services business is growing quite nicely all things considered.

At the end of the day users who bought into BlackBerry 10 have gotten a little bit of a raw deal in a lot of ways. I myself love my BlackBerry 10 devices and will continue to use them for years. I understand the frustration of throwing down hard earned dollars for a device that may not meet your needs 100%. The best we can hope for is that these phones age gracefully and that you get as much use and productivity as possible on whatever phone you own.

I think the biggest anchor in the whole BlackBerry turn around story has been the lack of success in getting some meaningful traction on the hardware side despite so much work from CEO and downward. Arguably the most successful device in the last few years has been the BlackBerry Classic which is mostly for corporate, government and hard core fans. Without concrete sales numbers I would guess best case scenario that this was a 4 million unit sales device. Kinda sad in a lot of ways when as recently as late 2011 this company was selling 15 million phones a quarter!

All the best to all the fans and users out there!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 03:19 AM
    Those social apps work best on a tablet anyway. Nothing lost here.

Sent from a Silver Passport.

Your entire post is about apps. Uhmmmm...yup...if you absolutely have to have all the latest Android apps, then BlackBerry is not for you. No question about it. Can't believe you even gave BB10 a try with that "must have" in mind.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    CrackBerry in a nutshell...............................

Wake up.
    07-21-16 05:32 AM
    PlayStore on BB10 was fine before everything started requiring > 4.3 Android Runtime.
    07-21-16 06:49 AM
    Dude.. It's not a question of must have apps. It's about apps that used to work will not work anymore just because BlackBerry ART is outdated and would see no future updates.

Are you saying that someone who uses WhatsApp for business or social reasons should all of a sudden stop using it just cos BlackBerry 10 is not supported? Of course they'll move to another platform that provides the functionality they need. People that rely on the Microsoft suite of apps for work.. Do you expect them to move to Docs to Go just cos they use a BlackBerry 10 phone?

My wife for instance uses Facebook to advertise her business and gets customers via her page for her events decorating business.. U want her to quit Facebook just cos BlackBerry 10 is not supported?

I'm sure u see where I'm going with this. It's like saying people should stick to the old analogue TV when all broadcasters have moved to digital broadcasting only. That's what's happening to BlackBerry 10 and just like it did to bbos and is why BlackBerry themselves moved to QNX.. Albeit a little too late. Same way they screwed up BBM.

That's the exact reason why I moved to the Priv. Still BlackBerry but it's a current and relevant phone that ensures I don't have to keep downloading patched apk's, moaning about no support, excluded from all relevant apps that make life easy and most of all.. Not having to pay for knock offs like all the third party Facebook and Instagram apps that bb10 users have to put up with.

It's ridiculous how u die hards fail to see this. Imho it's that thought process that killed bb10.

Stop with the facts, its the usual CrackBerry crap. how could you do this, Apps are for kids................bla...bla...bla. People seem to forget the consumer is always right............The market spoke and that's that, you are 100% right in all of your statements. People use social media for work or their business. I do not but I do not run that kind of company. If I needed things BlackBerry did not provide I would be out the door.

I run a Passport, and when needed I switch off to my 6S plus. But I will tell you this that, the switch back to the Passport gets harder every time. The I phone just works well. I love my Passport for reading and work related projects. One plus has always been a real key board. I have large fingers and a touch screen does not work well for me, but when APPS update, I hold my breath, I know one day the OS 10 system will close. I look at it as great run, fun to find work around's and it gave me great service.

In the end what more can you ask.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-21-16 07:44 AM
    After being the OP on this thread, I find I'm still using both my iPhone 6 Plus and my red Passport.

Generally speaking, I like the iPhone better for things like Nexar dashcam - much wider field of view and great cloud integration. And, anything else video or photo based is similarly vastly superior.

OTOH, anything involving reading and writing still feels better on the Passport.

I have apps that are my favourites on each platform. I often find I use the iPhone while on the go and the Passport when home. Carting around both is a PITA. But I can't give up either.

FWIW.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 01:47 AM
    I don't really care about social apps, but most what I need it just works. Yeah whatsapp is the different story, but people who texting me switched to BBM as well.
    07-25-16 12:48 PM
    almost fatal
    You made me laugh

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 07:55 PM
39 12