I still dont understand these people! They say we love blackberry OS and still they switch to android and for what? For pleasuring apps so they can take control over the phone and everything! I find blackberry 10 and in particular the passport the most powerful and great device of all times! Feels solid in hand big screen amazing battery great quality call amazing security! Now what we want more? Apps? For what, to spend our free time doing nothing? No thanks I dont want that **** in my life! Im posting from a brand new blackberry passport, well its not so new cause I did a tiny scratch in the upper right corner frame but I want to say to all blackberry fans: hey people, u know that blackberry its not perfect for apps but u still choose it, u knew that since the day u were searching for the devices specs so stick with it cause BlackBerry 10 will never die!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:32 PM
    I still dont understand these people! They say we love blackberry OS and still they switch to android and for what? For pleasuring apps so they can take control over the phone and everything! I find blackberry 10 and in particular the passport the most powerful and great device of all times! Feels solid in hand big screen amazing battery great quality call amazing security! Now what we want more? Apps? For what, to spend our free time doing nothing? No thanks I dont want that **** in my life! Im posting from a brand new blackberry passport, well its not so new cause I did a tiny scratch in the upper right corner frame but I want to say to all blackberry fans: hey people, u know that blackberry its not perfect for apps but u still choose it, u knew that since the day u were searching for the devices specs so stick with it cause BlackBerry 10 will never die!

Posted via CB10
    The nature of business is to make money. They CANNOT and SHOULD not make phones that are only revenue neutral or not making money.

They had their own OS which didn't gain the traction they wanted. They released like 10 phones with it and none of them made any headway into growing their market share.

They couldn't go iOS and they didn't make money with their own OS. The only play left was android.

I applaud people who still use BB10. I had a two device set up for a long time until the Priv came along. Is there a learning curve? Yes. Is it exactly like BB10? No. Is it better than BB10? Debatable.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    07-08-16 01:17 PM
    I still dont understand these people! They say we love blackberry OS and still they switch to android and for what?
    Android is just the latest OS that BlackBerry adopted. The first one was based on Java, the second was based on the acquired QNX (Unix-based OS), and now Android (Linux-based). Things change, things evolve. The BlackBerry experience was never about the OS, it was about the integrated apps and productivity.

The original Java-based OS was terrible, clunky and a memory hog. Yet people still bought BlackBerry in droves. It was the experience, not the platform.

The BlackBerry Android platform is getting better and better with each OS release and the BlackBerry apps are being updated on a continual basis. As far as I'm concerned, the Priv is *almost* as productive as my Passport, but I expect it to surpass the Passport and BB10 in the months ahead as they improve the software.

After a while, I see it as a BlackBerry experience and not Android.

Love the Priv!
    07-08-16 01:51 PM
    Interested in seeing what the mercury will be. I may need to upgrade around the time this comes out.
    07-08-16 07:01 PM
    Not for nothing, but I would definitely buy an android Passport if it ever arrives. The screen was awesome. It's one of the things I miss when on the Priv.

Priv running 6.0.1 on TMO
    KeKyKo likes this.
    07-08-16 11:27 PM
    Specs are great. Make an android version on MM, I'm there.

Just don't charge a thousand dollars for it.

Posted via CB10
    KeKyKo likes this.
    07-09-16 10:05 AM
    Boy that's the truth. I cringe when I have to type something on my android phone... or I did until I swapped my Note 4 for a Priv. Even with the Priv there is no comparison with the buttery UI of the Passport.

BB10 is dead. Stick a fork in it. Everyone can bemoan or protest, opine or just cry, but it is dead. BlackBerry had better sharpen up its Android software QUICK.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 08:25 PM
    The mercury from the leak posted online looks like a 6s with a pkb added. Almost exact screen real estate. I might just end up getting it tho I was hoping for a squared passport running Android

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    07-10-16 12:27 AM
    Mercury is rubbish with that mini screen in comparison to passport.... I am trying to find a way to install android on passport... They say that android is not supporting 1:1 screen ratio but who cares ?
    Kyle Montanaro likes this.
    07-10-16 03:55 AM
    In this day and time, I'm going to like what I like point blank.. I believe in BB10 and its positives and its capabilities. But, the idea of a separate hardware company may actually sense. Even putting out one BB10 device a year w/ 3 OS patches or updates would suffice. I dont know how many programmers they have now for BB10 but they need to double that and give people a 3rd option in the market. It's very possible.
    07-10-16 11:19 AM
    I was never a fan of Android but I'm definitely enjoying the Priv that's for sure especially since marshmallow and all the app updates. And I can yell you I'm a big fan of OS 10 and all BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-10-16 08:19 PM
    I found a petition about Android upgrade on BB passport

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions...-passport.html
    Last edited by cmvrgr cmvrgr; 07-10-16 at 08:35 PM.
    07-10-16 08:23 PM
    Can a toolbelt work for the entire Android ecosystem, MM OS and recent apps? If so, then after Mercury or whatever BlackBerry's full PKB device is, assuming it resembles the Passport, it might be logical for BlackBerry to trot out in 2017 the long-awaited Classic 2 with new hardware inside that Chen actually can obtain from suppliers, in not only the latest Android OS, but also the latest BB10 version (10.3.3 or 4). Who really knows what Waterloo is cooking up, though. If it's not too hard to fit at least Passport or Priv-level internals into a Classic 2, then BlackBerry could design that Classic 2 in both Android and BB10 flavors, then outsource production to its new partner, Acatel. Thoughts?
    07-10-16 09:50 PM
    Can a toolbelt work for the entire Android ecosystem, MM OS and recent apps? If so, then after Mercury or whatever BlackBerry's full PKB device is, assuming it resembles the Passport, it might be logical for BlackBerry to trot out in 2017 the long-awaited Classic 2 with new hardware inside that Chen actually can obtain from suppliers, in not only the latest Android OS, but also the latest BB10 version (10.3.3 or 4). Who really knows what Waterloo is cooking up, though. If it's not too hard to fit at least Passport or Priv-level internals into a Classic 2, then BlackBerry could design that Classic 2 in both Android and BB10 flavors, then outsource production to its new partner, Acatel. Thoughts?
    Android works with a bluetooth mouse (cursor pointer) and keyboard so a toolbelt would be no problem. Bigeest question would be screen aspect ratio. 3:2 seems to be minimum for phones, but they support 1:1 on watches so maybe. Not sure if they'll go that route, but if they do it's most likely going to be a few years wait I would think.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:00 AM
    Blackberry is running a "Summer Spectacular" sale. You can get the original PP for $355 or the SE for $399...unfortunately, sale ends tomorrow at midnight...
    07-11-16 03:01 PM
    Got my SE on it. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 11:58 PM
    I probably speak for a good amount of people when I say what we love about Blackberry is the Hardware, Namely a qwerty keyboard and a solid quality build inside (goodness knows how many times I fixed my Torch 9800 by myself before I resold it).
    Personally I own a Passport and it would be mental for anyone to say I want to stick to BB10 as an OS. Skype works only half the time despite paying for it, Viber's gone, anything that uses Google play services is useless, Whatsapp warns me I have until the end of this year before it too croaks on me and the GPS makes me go round in circles through the narrowest streets with the car and no walking options. Oh, and the famous 'Hub' does not let me sort my emails the way Gmail does. Gmail automatically sees what emails are ads and promotions and puts them in folders away from my primary inbox and the android phones won't ring for nothing. The hub just lets everything in so it's not the first time I got emails ringing my Passport at 0200hrs.

Communications tool my hairy arse!

The only reason I'm hanging on to my Passport is the form factor. Give me Android on it any day and I'll be the happiest chap. I've been looking for android Roms for it and hoping some developer hacked it and gives us an Android for the Passport. I'll gladly rip OS10 off of it, install Android and fix software issues myself knowing I got full control over my device.
    Last edited by Kyle Montanaro; 08-17-16 at 10:44 AM. Reason: forgot to mention :)
    08-17-16 10:40 AM
    I'm somewhat in phone limbo at the moment. I sold my iPhone when the value was still super high and have been bouncing around using a few different devices the last few months. S7 Edge, Priv and now Passport SE.

What sparked my interest in trying BB OS10 was that I had never used it before, and a lot of the die-hard BB fans out there tout how great it is.

Honestly, BB OS10 is really a solid OS. I've been able to run a lot of the Google and Android Apps I've needed to run using Cobalts install/patching methods. And there are some really solid alternatives for some apps in Blackberry world. They're not as polished as iOS or Android apps, but for the most part, they do the trick.

But what I'm really impressed with is the native OS10 browser. It's fast, fluid, and the arrangement/layout of the browser is really intuitive.

I've only had the phone a few days, but I'm somewhat sold on BB OS10. I totally understand now why die-hard BB fans don't want to see it die.
    08-17-16 12:39 PM
    I probably speak for a good amount of people when I say what we love about Blackberry is the Hardware, Namely a qwerty keyboard and a solid quality build inside (goodness knows how many times I fixed my Torch 9800 by myself before I resold it).
    Personally I own a Passport and it would be mental for anyone to say I want to stick to BB10 as an OS. Skype works only half the time despite paying for it, Viber's gone, anything that uses Google play services is useless, Whatsapp warns me I have until the end of this year before it too croaks on me and the GPS makes me go round in circles through the narrowest streets with the car and no walking options. Oh, and the famous 'Hub' does not let me sort my emails the way Gmail does. Gmail automatically sees what emails are ads and promotions and puts them in folders away from my primary inbox and the android phones won't ring for nothing. The hub just lets everything in so it's not the first time I got emails ringing my Passport at 0200hrs.

Communications tool my hairy arse!

The only reason I'm hanging on to my Passport is the form factor. Give me Android on it any day and I'll be the happiest chap. I've been looking for android Roms for it and hoping some developer hacked it and gives us an Android for the Passport. I'll gladly rip OS10 off of it, install Android and fix software issues myself knowing I got full control over my device.
    Gmail can kiss my hairy arse lol. You do realize you can set different tones for different accounts and emails don't have to give you a sound alert right. Some of your argument is weak. Not all but some

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-17-16 01:38 PM
    I'm somewhat in phone limbo at the moment. I sold my iPhone when the value was still super high and have been bouncing around using a few different devices the last few months. S7 Edge, Priv and now Passport SE.

What sparked my interest in trying BB OS10 was that I had never used it before, and a lot of the die-hard BB fans out there tout how great it is.

Honestly, BB OS10 is really a solid OS. I've been able to run a lot of the Google and Android Apps I've needed to run using Cobalts install/patching methods. And there are some really solid alternatives for some apps in Blackberry world. They're not as polished as iOS or Android apps, but for the most part, they do the trick.

But what I'm really impressed with is the native OS10 browser. It's fast, fluid, and the arrangement/layout of the browser is really intuitive.

I've only had the phone a few days, but I'm somewhat sold on BB OS10. I totally understand now why die-hard BB fans don't want to see it die.
    I agree with all you said except the browser part. It USED to be great but it's so out of date right now it's the reason I retired my z30

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-17-16 01:40 PM
    Yeah, maybe I haven't had the chance to use it enough. But So far I'm okay with using the default browser in place of Chrome which is what I usually use ... Trying to work out some issues I have getting Chrome to work at the moment.
    08-17-16 02:06 PM
    They could 1) update the BB10 os so that the android runtime allows us to run apps much more smoothly... many Android apps that I need do run on the Passport but sometimes they freeze up for no reason, and I suspect that has to do with the runtime; 2) allow current passport devices to upgrade to their BB flavored Android-OS, which could boost their sales of the remaining stocks of Passports...
    08-17-16 06:55 PM
    A BB10 Os Passport II Chen!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 06:57 PM
    They could 1) update the BB10 os so that the android runtime allows us to run apps much more smoothly... many Android apps that I need do run on the Passport but sometimes they freeze up for no reason, and I suspect that has to do with the runtime; 2) allow current passport devices to upgrade to their BB flavored Android-OS, which could boost their sales of the remaining stocks of Passports...
    Agreed. And along the lines of what you said natively integrating Play Setvices into the OS would be a home run, though it will never happen.
    08-17-16 08:25 PM
    Is this real?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 10:26 PM
107 ... 2345