I walked around all of the last 4 years and told everyone how great BlackBerry 10 is preached the good word about it. And I was correct the whole time. Right now I type this on my BlackBerry Priv. Sad times but it is what it is. What can we do as much as I love BlackBerry 10 so much we need to now accept the few devices that will come with Android because I can guarantee that BlackBerry won't last very long Priv didn't sell well and I doubt the other 3 new devices will sell any better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 08:42 AM
    Il rephrase that. The company will continue but I'm certain they will finish with making phones after these next 3 come out and the sales numbers come in. This is their last shot. I'm seriously unsure why John Chen would release the Priv with such a high cost what drugs is he on.

07-06-16 08:44 AM
    I don't know why they didn't push BB10 a little more.
    The software is capable of running apps like android and iPhone.
    Just need to get programmers and buyers on board.

And the more and more I take my Passport out, I keep hearing, "wow blackberry is still making phones? That's nice. "

Or "BlackBerry is making phones still? Good cause I'm over my Android phone or iPhone "

Honestly, BB10 could hang it out a little longer and catch interest again just from people becoming bored with other OS's.

Posted via CB10
    The battery is wasted in heating both the BlackBerry Passport & Priv. The good features of bb10 mostly never made it to their version of Android & arrived crippled. Their keyboards are simply not so great of late. They re-sell inadequate security they purchased elsewhere & now even US government has jumped ship. Their cameras are old & slow. So much for the fabled great engineering of yore. It seems the only thing they regularly update is BBM... a waste...

07-06-16 09:29 AM
    The ones who understand BB10 and do not bog down a phone with apps will go windows phone before droids. Only logical choice. Hahahah. In five years it will be windows 15.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    Stephen Green likes this.
    07-06-16 09:36 AM
    If they really do come out with a passport like driod or a classic like I'd most likely buy it.

tg1 likes this.
    07-06-16 09:46 AM
    So why did you buy it?

WhatsApp made their announcement to end BlackBerry support back in February.
    Well, i didnt know that. I don't follow such news. If I knew I wouldn't buy it.
    I'm very sad because I love blackberry devices
    07-06-16 10:27 AM

They could at least update os for passport, classic etc. so that we can use device longer. But no. I have to throw my passport in garbage and buy new blackberry with Android os.
    Yes, you have to throw it directly into the garbage. That's what will need to happen. I can already see the headlines: "Landfills overflow with used electronics because of lack of OS update" and "Why BlackBerry is actually responsible for climate change."

C'mon man; get it together!!!
    07-06-16 10:40 AM
    You will never see another mobile device with that ridiculous form factor. They couldn't sell it running BB10, it won't sell running Android. ind you none of the new devices will sell... Here is one tip for BlackBerry. Get rid of the BlackBerry name across the device face and you might sell a few devices. There is no reason I need to see the brand every time I look at the device.
    Last edited by GoJaysGo; 07-06-16 at 11:29 AM.
    07-06-16 11:17 AM
    Silver edition Passport w/android would rock.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 and Kyle Montanaro like this.
    07-06-16 11:23 AM
    Yes, you have to throw it directly into the garbage. That's what will need to happen. I can already see the headlines: "Landfills overflow with used electronics because of lack of OS update" and "Why BlackBerry is actually responsible for climate change."

C'mon man; get it together!!!
    Hudson Bay is already full to the brim (read: rim) with the old (read: classic), the bold (read: bold), & the flotsam & jetsam of BlackBerry yore... passports & privs will finish the job... to whom do we attribute the terms lagan, and derelict...?

07-06-16 11:26 AM
    I would agree.They should come out with a way to upgrade existing devices like the Passport and Classic to the new Android OS - it kind of sucks that they are figuring this out and keeping existing customers. Heck I would even pay to get the new OS on my Passport vs. tossing out more good hardware in the 'recycling bin'- ugh!
    Kyle Montanaro likes this.
    07-06-16 11:34 AM
    As far as I know, the Mercury/Argon/Neon are no more than conjecture and rumor; the closest thing to a concrete future device is the Hamburg/DTEK 50/Alcatel Idol 4/whatever.

And as for putting Android on previous BB10 devices, updating old devices wouldn't bring in any new device revenue, and would incur more costs due to the archaeologists needed to work with the BB10 hardware platform.
    07-06-16 11:40 AM
    As far as I know, the Mercury/Argon/Neon are no more than conjecture and rumor; the closest thing to a concrete future device is the Hamburg/DTEK 50/Alcatel Idol 4/whatever.

And as for putting Android on previous BB10 devices, updating old devices wouldn't bring in any new device revenue, and would incur more costs due to the archaeologists needed to work with the BB10 hardware platform.
    Oh would JC ever set aside the no-longer so almighty canada dollar in favor of "the right thing to do" to go down with a little pride rather than smarmy superciliousness & shame...??

07-06-16 11:49 AM
    This is what happens when you take a cheap brand of drugs, you start to see things not in evidence !

Woof!

Let's all just enjoy our BB no matter what they run because that's why we bought them not to worry about things we can't control.
    07-06-16 12:05 PM
    Honestly, BB10 could hang it out a little longer and catch interest again just from people becoming bored with other OS's.
    Don't hold your breath. "Interest" is different to "purchase". Sales of iPhones and Galaxys suggest that no-one is so bored that they want to switch to BlackBerry.

And the more and more I take my Passport out, I keep hearing, "wow blackberry is still making phones? That's nice. "
    "That's nice...but I still wouldn't want one." is what they're really saying.
    07-06-16 12:31 PM
    Don't hold your breath. "Interest" is different to "purchase". Sales of iPhones and Galaxys suggest that no-one is so bored that they want to switch to BlackBerry.

"That's nice...but I still wouldn't want one." is what they're really saying.
    I do agree to a point. People don't want one due to brand loyalty to samsung or Apple mostly I believe. At Passport launch pricing they had no chance of stealing many of those users. At the current pricing they would be considered if people thought they had a future. Leak plans for a next model or at least talk as if there was some sort of upgrade path and they would sell a ton more.
    07-06-16 12:51 PM
    Makes sense if the classic form design is being retired for now. The passport form hasn't been given fair justice. Let it sink in for a while, BlackBerry going nowhere

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    07-06-16 01:10 PM
    Well, not much choice except using the android version, or starting it via desktop mode view in browser and visiting web.whatsapp.com.

Anyhow, I consider this device the new PP, even though the form factor differs.
    As a matter of fact, I look forward to it. Lets hope I will not be dissappointed too much
    07-06-16 01:23 PM
    Android? yawn
    07-06-16 01:39 PM
    This was real once upon a time too.. Look how that turned out lol.

Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-06-16 01:46 PM
    Does anyone think its time Blackberry's Board give some serious consideration to a spinoff of the hardware section into a new company to be managed by a newly appointed CEO who knows the smart phone business as it appears that Chen is no longer interested in this side of the business.
    Chen's constant negative comments threatening to leave the hardware business unless it becomes profitable does not exactly give the current and or potential customers the confidence to invest the money for the purchase of a new phone when its not sure when that side of the business will cease to exist. In my opinion, this negativity has led to the declining sales within the hardware section each quarter.
    The new company could initially be funded by cash from Blackberry and an IPO.
    Chen would obviously continue to remain in-charge of the software and other related businesses since it appears that that's the side of the business he knows best.
    07-06-16 05:11 PM
    Not sure if this is where I should have posted the above. Maybe a Moderator can move if it should be posted elsewhere.
    07-06-16 05:13 PM
    JC has them hoodwinked into belief in this downward spiral...

07-06-16 05:17 PM
    I would love for that to happen. But until I see a prototype in Chen's hands, I'm not getting excited.
    Attached Thumbnails Looks like an Android-powered "Passport" is coming-snsnctl.jpg  
    07-06-16 05:29 PM
    Ditto
    How long do you guys think the Passport SE will be available? I really want to have one, but can't effort one right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 05:30 PM
107 1234 ...