07-05-16 10:50 AM
    That or this one guy has no clue what he is talking about.....

Sorry but the Passport form factor doesn't lend itself very well to being the front line device that Chen is looking to provide.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    07-05-16 10:56 AM
    Who knows? Android Nougat should be in full release by then. Maybe there are some screen scaling features...
    07-05-16 11:00 AM
    How long do you guys think the Passport SE will be available? I really want to have one, but can't effort one right now.

Posted via CB10
    tour_ism and DesRee like this.
    07-05-16 11:32 AM
    Not square screen. 3.2 aspect ratio. It will look ugly, cheap, and long. Enjoy your passport until os10 is dead. And that is pretty soon. Faster than I expect at least.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 12:59 PM
    Amazing how every article that is written about "new" BlackBerry phones almost always start with the same sentence...

"In what might be a last ditch effort to regain some of its former glory..."

Every effort has been the last ditch effort since 2012. Of course, that ditch only got deeper and deeper as the last few years have gone by.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-05-16 01:18 PM
    Hi Matt, that's no passport , that's a q10 or classic like android device. A passport will never be made again unfortunately.
    07-05-16 01:22 PM
    Hi Matt, that's no passport , that's a q10 or classic like android device. A passport will never be made again unfortunately.
    Well it said it had a 4.5 inch square screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-05-16 01:48 PM
    I wish the company good success and am curious about the first pictures.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 02:38 PM
    This could be the Android passport version. Don't know if it will be called the passport 2 but the screen size being 4.5" with a keyboard indicates it might very well be...

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 02:45 PM
    This could be the Android passport version. Don't know if it will be called the passport 2 but the screen size being 4.5" with a keyboard indicates it might very well be...

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly.

07-05-16 02:50 PM
    Haha, if Blackberry releases a phone with a fingerprint scanner I can't wait to see the number of people who embrace it who have said in the past it was a security issue and that it was a gimmick that Blackberry would never do.
    07-05-16 03:03 PM
    I wish the company good success and am curious about the first pictures.

Posted via CB10
    I wish that Blackberry completely die. Playbook died first. Now passport. I mean passport wasn't cheap. Now passport is dead also. Now what? I should buy another expensive phone from blackberry?

For what?

They could at least update os for passport, classic etc. so that we can use device longer. But no. I have to throw my passport in garbage and buy new blackberry with Android os.

Wow a great company.
    07-05-16 03:47 PM
    I wish that Blackberry completely die. Playbook died first. Now passport. I mean passport wasn't cheap. Now passport is dead also. Now what? I should buy another expensive phone from blackberry?

For what?

They could at least update os for passport, classic etc. so that we can use device longer. But no. I have to throw my passport in garbage and buy new blackberry with Android os.

Wow a great company.
    I never understand these comments. Wish BlackBerry would die. Why? Don't like them move on, good for you. Playbook isn't dead, I have two of them and they still work just fine. Passport surely isn't dead, I have two of them as well and it is my daily driver. So not sure what you mean by dead.
    07-05-16 03:52 PM

For what?

Wow a great company.

Looks like an Android-powered "Passport" is coming-50k_john_chen_meme_14.jpg

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and Joey Hutchison like this.
    07-05-16 04:00 PM
    i swear these guys pull stuff out of their you know what. They dont even have to have a shred of real evidence.

2 days ago this was what we heard about the Mercury

http://n4bb.com/three-new-blackberry...argon-mercury/
    The display will be 4.6-inch full HD with a 3.2 aspect ratio. Fitted with Snapdragon 625 SoC, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, this phone has an 18MP rear camera and an 8MP front-facing camera for selfies.
    But the best thing about Mercury is its battery, which at 3,400mAH, is the most powerful out of the three new BlackBerry phones.
    Which looks more like a priv without the sliding keyboard not a passport
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-05-16 04:21 PM
    I don't know why they didn't push BB10 a little more.
    The software is capable of running apps like android and iPhone.
    Just need to get programmers and buyers on board.

And the more and more I take my Passport out, I keep hearing, "wow blackberry is still making phones? That's nice. "

Or "BlackBerry is making phones still? Good cause I'm over my Android phone or iPhone "

Honestly, BB10 could hang it out a little longer and catch interest again just from people becoming bored with other OS's.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    07-05-16 08:55 PM
    i swear these guys pull stuff out of their you know what. They dont even have to have a shred of real evidence.

2 days ago this was what we heard about the Mercury

http://n4bb.com/three-new-blackberry...argon-mercury/

Which looks more like a priv without the sliding keyboard not a passport
    Either way, impressive specs and a bigger battery should make this "Mercury" a popular choice for those that want to switch from their passport. I know we will not see it operating on bb10 but nonetheless, I will pick one up and give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    07-05-16 09:32 PM
    I don't know why they didn't push BB10 a little more.
    The software is capable of running apps like android and iPhone.
    Just need to get programmers and buyers on board.

And the more and more I take my Passport out, I keep hearing, "wow blackberry is still making phones? That's nice. "

Or "BlackBerry is making phones still? Good cause I'm over my Android phone or iPhone "

Honestly, BB10 could hang it out a little longer and catch interest again just from people becoming bored with other OS's.

Posted via CB10
    You didn't get the memo that programmers and buyers are not or ever will be on board for BB10?

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    07-05-16 09:54 PM
    I would love a Passport with Android software. I'm using a Priv but every time I touch my Passport I want to go back! I really do prefer the BB10 OS ( you don't realize how good OS10 is until you use something else). But Android app store has won the day. Sad but true. I really don't like the Priv screen. It is already scratched from dirty business use thumbs and have had to implement a Shieldz screen protector, something I have never had to do on my Passport or Z10. I feel that the Passport is such a solid phone, great screen. I also found that ironically Android apps like Globe and Mail actually worked better on my Passport than did the native Globe and Mail BB10 app. The Android app resizes perfectly on the Passport screen the native app never resized to the Passport screen. If I could load the Priv US on to my BlackBerry Passport I would. I would move over to a Passport / Mercury in a second. Oh and I don't like the Priv PKB the top row is to hard to use with any size thumb I think. I really liked the Passport 4th keyboard on on screen keyboard. It took a while to get used to but once I did it became second nature.

SavvyBB likes this.
    07-05-16 10:15 PM
    you don't realize how good OS10 is until you use something else.

Said well....

Posted via CB10
    tg1, SavvyBB and chinmay007 like this.
    07-05-16 11:00 PM

For what?

Wow a great company.
    You will be eating your words when the new PlayBook Silver Edition with Android Circus Peanut (ver. 8) is released later this year.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    07-05-16 11:07 PM
    I never understand these comments. Wish BlackBerry would die. Why? Don't like them move on, good for you. Playbook isn't dead, I have two of them and they still work just fine. Passport surely isn't dead, I have two of them as well and it is my daily driver. So not sure what you mean by dead.
    No, I like them very much. But blackberry don't care about customers. They should provide Android os also for older devices if bb10 is dying. Move on? Just bought passport a month ago I found out that that WhatsApp is only working till December 2016. All my contacts are in whatsapp. Now what? Move on, again?

L
    07-06-16 04:55 AM
    No, I like them very much. But blackberry don't care about customers. They should provide Android os also for older devices if bb10 is dying. Move on? Just bought passport a month ago I found out that that WhatsApp is only working till December 2016. All my contacts are in whatsapp. Now what? Move on, again?

L
    So why did you buy it?

WhatsApp made their announcement to end BlackBerry support back in February.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-06-16 07:17 AM
    Haha, if Blackberry releases a phone with a fingerprint scanner I can't wait to see the number of people who embrace it who have said in the past it was a security issue and that it was a gimmick that Blackberry would never do.
    It'll be the same people who once mocked Samsung phablet owners, saying they look so stupid holding a slab to their face, and later became Passport owners.

Also the same people who swore they would never use an Android device and allow Google to violate their privacy and later became Priv owners.
    07-06-16 08:26 AM
107 123 ...