Hey everyone, I currently own a Galaxy S5 Active and want a new phone, mine has become very sluggish as all androids do within a year of ownership and the battery life is terrible. I work 12 hour shifts and need something more reliable.

Here are the apps that I use....
    Google authenticator
    Chase bank
    Dropbox
    Gmail
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Pandora
    Snapchat
    Starbucks
    Tapatalk (forums)
    Uber

Would I be able to make the switch or would some of these apps not work?

Also does the passport have any sort of GPS navigation of their own?

Also I like to watch YouTube videos on my phone will I be disappointed with that on the passport?

Thanks.
    11-10-15 12:06 AM
    Hey there, you can download all those apps from the Snap Appstore(Android apps) on the Passport(requires sideloading of Snap but you're good to go after). Some apps like dropbox, twitter and iGrann(instagram client) are free and available on the BlackBerry World app store.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-10-15 12:10 AM
    Hey there, you can download all those apps from the Snap Appstore(Android apps) on the Passport(requires sideloading of Snap but you're good to go after). Some apps like dropbox, twitter and iGrann(instagram client) are free and available on the BlackBerry World app store.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Can I sideload on the AT&T version or must it be unlocked? Also does it slow the phone down doing all that?
    11-10-15 12:12 AM
    Can I sideload on the AT&T version or must it be unlocked? Also does it slow the phone down doing all that?
    Actually, use the Cobalt method for most Android apps. It allows more of the apps to run. You can find his guidelines here on CrackBerry by using the search function and "Cobalt's guide". My understanding is that Snap is no longer being supported.

The Android apps do not slow down your phone. Some android apps initially load up slowly, but do not affect how your phone works.

You don't have to have an unlocked phone. This will work on any BB10 device.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:58 AM
    Take a look at the new PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:28 AM
    Take a look at the new PRIV.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it runs BB10? The OP said he wants to move away from android.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:32 AM
    Hey everyone, I currently own a Galaxy S5 Active and want a new phone, mine has become very sluggish as all androids do within a year of ownership and the battery life is terrible. I work 12 hour shifts and need something more reliable.

Here are the apps that I use....
    Google authenticator
    Chase bank
    Dropbox
    Gmail
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Pandora
    Snapchat
    Starbucks
    Tapatalk (forums)
    Uber

Would I be able to make the switch or would some of these apps not work?

Also does the passport have any sort of GPS navigation of their own?

Also I like to watch YouTube videos on my phone will I be disappointed with that on the passport?

Thanks.
    I don't know if snapchat works, rest everything will work(not sure about your bank app, it depends). Also I don't know what Google Authenticator is
    Yes it has built in GPS navigation. Or you can use Waze from snap
    I prefer snap over installing Google Play Store, since snap is a native app and not a battery hogger.
    It'll be just fine watching YT vids, I watch it on my Q10, I have no issues, so watching on Passport is fine. It's like watching on iPhone 4S in landscape mode. Plus it's speakers are too good, so it's a treat .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 11-10-15 at 11:12 AM.
    11-10-15 10:36 AM
    Running Cobalt for Android apps on my Passport and the ones that doesnt work insist on Google Play Services. But those are few and that I dont care about too much.

The important apps either come for BB10 or via email Google Play Store.

And the Passport is a robust and awesome device that doesnt let you down during a long and crazy workday.

The Priv sounds awesome, too.

So I definitely suggest to try it at a store if you can and then roll the dice

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-10-15 10:57 AM