Hi everyone, I have been using Key2 as I thought it would be clever to get used to android. It was painful but I had adjust as much as I could. After the last hub update there no reason to stay with the "new" BlackBerry and I want to go back to the best business phone ever made - passport! Please advise where to buy it. I am in Australia and silver edition would be great but black will do too
    Thank you very much for your advice!
    elfabio80 and cyberdoggie like this.
    03-21-19 06:16 PM
    Hi everyone, I have been using Key2 as I thought it would be clever to get used to android. It was painful but I had adjust as much as I could. After the last hub update there no reason to stay with the "new" BlackBerry and I want to go back to the best business phone ever made - passport! Please advise where to buy it. I am in Australia and silver edition would be great but black will do too
    Try eBay. It's been out of production for over 3 years.
    03-21-19 09:04 PM
    thank you Conite. I tried I just wanted to ask if someone from community can recommend a trustable shop
    03-21-19 11:20 PM
    I don't know about Australia, but in Sweden I find some random shops having a new Passport left. Try seek for "blackberry passport" on price runner. You might be lucky!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-19 07:05 AM
    If you don't like the Hub update (neither do I), instead of going back to the PPSE's dinosaur OS, why don't you simply:

-Uninstall the Hub, it will tell you that it will go back to the factory version
    -From there, you can either just re-enable it use it the way it is, or you can:

-Go to apkpure.com, search "BlackBerry Hub" and download version 1.6.2.16480
    -Once the file is downloaded, grant the necessary permission to allow the app to be installed
    -Congrats, you are now on the previous version with the much better UI design (in my opinion)

Unlike iOS, this is one major MAJOR advantage of Android, to be able to get ANY previous version of an app
    03-22-19 10:09 AM
    If you don't like the Hub update (neither do I), instead of going back to the PPSE's dinosaur OS, why don't you simply:

-Uninstall the Hub, it will tell you that it will go back to the factory version
    -From there, you can either just re-enable it use it the way it is, or you can:

-Go to apkpure.com, search "BlackBerry Hub" and download version 1.6.2.16480
    -Once the file is downloaded, grant the necessary permission to allow the app to be installed
    -Congrats, you are now on the previous version with the much better UI design (in my opinion)

Unlike iOS, this is one major MAJOR advantage of Android, to be able to get ANY previous version of an app
    You will have to do the same for the rest of the entire app suite as well.
    03-22-19 10:20 AM
    You will have to do the same for the rest of the entire app suite as well.
    Well, yeah same process for just about any app, as on Android one can't install a previous version of an app on top of a more recent one.
    But OP just said he couldn't bear the new look of the Hub, he didn't mention the rest of the apps
    03-22-19 10:32 AM
    Well, yeah same process for just about any app, as on Android one can't install a previous version of an app on top of a more recent one.
    But OP just said he couldn't bear the new look of the Hub, he didn't mention the rest of the apps
    I meant that the HUB+ Inbox requires HUB+ Services - they need to be in version sync.

Similarly, the other apps in the suite require version sync with HUB+ Services.

It's all or nothing.

A small discrepancy can exist for a short time, but it will eventually fail.
    03-22-19 10:35 AM
    I meant that the HUB+ Inbox requires HUB+ Services - they need to be in version sync.

Similarly, the other apps in the suite require version sync with HUB+ Services.

It's all or nothing.
    So, he would need to uninstall BB Hub+ Services and then find whatever newest version works with Hub 1.6.2.16480 ?
    03-22-19 10:36 AM
    So, he would need to uninstall BB Hub+ Services and then find whatever newest version works with Hub 1.6.2.16480 ?
    Yes. Along with the rest of the suite apps.
    03-22-19 10:37 AM
    Hey Radim,

Great choice! I think eBay and Amazon are your best bets. If you can't find a good listing or source let me know and I'll be happy to locate one for you.
    03-22-19 04:18 PM
    Hey Trumpet!

How long do you think passport will be ok to use? 1 more year?
    03-22-19 09:57 PM
    Hey Trumpet!

Depends on what you plan to use it for.

For email and SMS, I think it may have a year or two left in her after EOL.

Browsing is hit and miss, and becoming increasingly miss. You need to supplement with an Android browser like Kiwi and hope it will continue to support our old Android 4.3 Runtime.

The bottom line is that if you like using it, keep doing so until it starts to become a nuisance.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-22-19 09:59 PM
    Hey Trumpet!

Radim, please don't worry about not being able to use your Passport. The Passport will be good to go as long as the carrier with which you want to use it doesn't change their networks. The one caveat I'll offer is that if for some reason you are knowingly returning to the Passport and yet have a huge need for modern apps you may have trouble due to the runtime, but even that can be overcome in many cases.

(Of course you will not be able to access Blackberry World after the shutdown on 12/31/2019, but some of us are working on getting the more popular/helpful native apps released from the devs as BAR files for sideloading, so that sad situation will hopefully be mitigated somewhat.)

Go for it my friend; all indications are this device will be usable for some years to come.
    03-22-19 10:20 PM
    Hi,

Yes that's what I did. I am back on the previous version but unfortunately that is just the previous design. It does have the same Google cuttings - no sent text messages are seen anymore, etc,.. This is a wrong direction to go to and too many sacrifice just to stay with new BlackBerry
    03-22-19 10:45 PM
    Hi,

Yes that's what I did. I am back on the previous version but unfortunately that is just the previous design. It does have the same Google cuttings - no sent text messages are seen anymore, etc,.. This is a wrong direction to go to and too many sacrifice just to stay with new BlackBerry
    I completely hear you Radim. Blackberry Mobile (which is just the brand name--TCL, an entirely separate company, actually makes the phones) has not thrilled many people from what I can tell, though there are those on these boards who have the exact opposite opinion.

No worries--if people want to stay with Blackberry Mobile, they can; if they want to come back to BB10, I will be here to help.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    03-22-19 10:48 PM
    Radim, please don't worry about not being able to use your Passport. The Passport will be good to go as long as the carrier with which you want to use it doesn't change their networks. The one caveat I'll offer is that if for some reason you are knowingly returning to the Passport and yet have a huge need for modern apps you may have trouble due to the runtime, but even that can be overcome in many cases.

(Of course you will not be able to access Blackberry World after the shutdown on 12/31/2019, but some of us are working on getting the more popular/helpful native apps released from the devs as BAR files for sideloading, so that sad situation will hopefully be mitigated somewhat.)

Go for it my friend; all indications are this device will be usable for some years to come.
    Hi Trumpet,

I used to have Passport SE and it was just great. This device is quite expensive and hard to find. Is Passport black the same or there are some minor differences?
    03-23-19 01:27 AM
    Hey Trumpet!

Also depends on the batteries. Passport might look new but you can't avoid battery being degraded due to non-usage, as someone here found out the hard way.
    /blackberry-passport-f434/double-trouble-1167029/
    03-23-19 02:27 AM
    Also depends on the batteries. Passport might look new but you can't avoid battery being degraded due to non-usage, as someone here found out the hard way.
    /blackberry-passport-f434/double-trouble-1167029/
    However, it's easily changed!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 03:40 AM
    However, it's easily changed!

Posted via CB10
    True, but how sure are you that the replacement battery is actually newly manufactured or "new" old stock?
    03-23-19 04:20 AM
    Well, I buy x-longer replacement battery. Newely fabricated, one year warranty. I found them to be of good quality. Price about 20 USD.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-19 04:40 AM
    Hi Trumpet,

I used to have Passport SE and it was just great. This device is quite expensive and hard to find. Is Passport black the same or there are some minor differences?
    The SE had a slightly larger chin for better balancing, and a keyboard that most thought was a bit nicer in its tactile response.

Otherwise, all the guts are the same.
    03-23-19 07:23 AM
    pay a bit more and get SE if I were you ;-).
    03-23-19 07:16 PM
    why
    03-23-19 08:12 PM
    is what's app stillavailable on passport?
    03-23-19 11:05 PM
44 12