Short story: I am looking for a nice, not too bulky case for my AT&T version Passport.

Long story:
    After going through 7 different cases for my Z30, I ended up using it naked, but I guess it's sort of compulsory to get screen protector and case whenever we buy a new device.. before we rip it off and throw it away.. Until that time comes, I would love to hear what case you guys bought.
    07-17-15 08:00 PM
    07-17-15 08:08 PM
    I just saw that on Amazon (sold and shipped by Seidio for same $35 price) but is it really worth it? Is it made of soft touch material, I am just curious about the material because my hands leave behind a puddle of oil wherever I touch so it's important they don't retain too much oil. Also it should be able to slip in and out of pocket without resisting sliding.

Thanks!
    07-17-15 08:13 PM
    I just saw that on Amazon (sold and shipped by Seidio for same $35 price) but is it really worth it? Is it made of soft touch material, I am just curious about the material because my hands leave behind a puddle of oil wherever I touch so it's important they don't retain too much oil. Also it should be able to slip in and out of pocket without resisting sliding.

Thanks!
    No, it's almost a metal-like plastic.

I think CB sells them as well for $30.95. Call their toll free number (877) 799-0143 and ask for the 10% off code as well.

http://shop.mobilenations.com/seidio...e/4AA20802.htm
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    07-18-15 03:38 PM
    No, it's almost a metal-like plastic.

I think CB sells them as well for $30.95. Call their toll free number (877) 799-0143 and ask for the 10% off code as well.

Seidio SURFACE Case for AT&T Passport - Smartphone Cases
    That's great,
    This is not what AT&T sells, right? Also it seems to cover bottom speakers, is that an issue? I assume it's same as the chase made for unlocked version.

I also like the body glove case, I guess this is what AT&T sells for $18 now.

I still can't believe there isn't a leather pouch like Classic for Passport.

Does anyone know if this Body glove is identical to what AT&T sells, except this one is without the belt holster?
    http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Bla...UvbUpU11799062
    07-18-15 04:15 PM
    Bought the body glove for $20 inc tax from AT&T. Very happy, except bottom has a sharp edge which I may have to file/sand down to smooth.
    07-22-15 12:36 AM
    I have the Seidio case on Mt att passport. It is a 2 part case made of a super hard almost metal like plastic, with a soft touch coating on it. It wraps around the whole device, with cut outs for the power, headphones, volume, charge port and the two speakers. It's a super premium case (unlike the body glove which is just a piece of rubber) it also makes it so when your passport is face down, the screen is elevated and won't make contact with the table.

Hands down the best case I have ever had on any phone

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 07:07 AM
    I have the Seidio case for about 2 weeks now. No issues at all. As all cases will add some "bulk" this one is as slim as them come when it comes to protection to bulk ratio.

The material is plastic coated with a rubbery material. The inside is felt lined to prevent scratches. I do question the felt lining since it may make it hard for the device to dissipate heat.

The case also adds a lip around the screen and keyboard allowing you to put it face down without having to worry too much about scratching the screen.

It does collect finger prints but nothing more then the naked backing of the passport.
    07-22-15 11:19 AM
    The sad thing about the AT&T Passport is these are the only 2 cases that we have to choose from. SMH
    07-22-15 03:09 PM
    I have the AT&T body glove case and it is rugged and adds thickness to the phone. I used it for 1 month and preferred the naked feel of the phone so I removed it and am keeping it as a backup. My rule is, if I'm stepping out of the house, the phone goes in the pocket. I have noticed the phone heats up while running some android apps and having a case on it certainly will not help.
    07-22-15 04:02 PM
    I have the Seidio case on Mt att passport. It is a 2 part case made of a super hard almost metal like plastic, with a soft touch coating on it. It wraps around the whole device, with cut outs for the power, headphones, volume, charge port and the two speakers. It's a super premium case (unlike the body glove which is just a piece of rubber) it also makes it so when your passport is face down, the screen is elevated and won't make contact with the table.

Hands down the best case I have ever had on any phone

Posted via CB10
    I thought about that but the price and material of body skin steered me that way. Also I didn't want it to be slicker than it already was and seidio looks slippery.
    I have the Seidio case for about 2 weeks now. No issues at all. As all cases will add some "bulk" this one is as slim as them come when it comes to protection to bulk ratio.

The material is plastic coated with a rubbery material. The inside is felt lined to prevent scratches. I do question the felt lining since it may make it hard for the device to dissipate heat.

The case also adds a lip around the screen and keyboard allowing you to put it face down without having to worry too much about scratching the screen.

It does collect finger prints but nothing more then the naked backing of the passport.
    I hated how quickly back of passport became oil field from my fingers that sweat a lot and get oily quick because I type all day in front ot computer.

However, having smooth back of seidio would mean it is easier to paint or stick BlackBerry decal which is hidden by the case.
    The sad thing about the AT&T Passport is these are the only 2 cases that we have to choose from. SMH
    It's such a shame, but luckily the two we have are really nice quality.
    I have the AT&T body glove case and it is rugged and adds thickness to the phone. I used it for 1 month and preferred the naked feel of the phone so I removed it and am keeping it as a backup. My rule is, if I'm stepping out of the house, the phone goes in the pocket. I have noticed the phone heats up while running some android apps and having a case on it certainly will not help.
    It's the case with most people, where we just buy a new phone and and be super careful with screen protector and cases and baby it, then case comes off, eventually protector comes off too and it's naked beauty is revealed for all to see.
    That's what happened with my Z30. I still love it's screen and it's the best feeling touch screen of all phones I used, followed by 9900.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    07-22-15 04:43 PM
    [QUOTE=heading4tomorrow;11799062]That's great,
    This is not what AT&T sells, right? Also it seems to cover bottom speakers, is that an issue? I assume it's same as the chase made for unlocked version.

I also like the body glove case, I guess this is what AT&T sells for $18 now.

I still can't believe there isn't a leather pouch like Classic for Passport.

Does anyone know if this Body glove is identical to what AT&T sells, except this one is without the belt holster?
    http://www.amazon.com/Body-Glove-Bla...UvbUpU11809890[/QUO
    I just got a ATT passport today and that body glove as well, looks the same to me
    07-22-15 09:08 PM
    I've gone with and without cases. I got the Body Glove for my original and then got the Seidio for my AT&T version.

The Seidio is nice, but it does attract oily smudges that are not easy to wipe off either. It does add a bit of depth to the device, but typing is actually very comfortable because the case is so soft.

Just recently took it off for cleaning and the naked feel is just soo cool (literally due to the steel frame)

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:04 PM
    Just got my Passport and I am very happy with the Body Glove case and holster. It sits closer to my hip than the typical pocket holster that I usually get from Blackberry ( which they do sell for $170 :-D) and seems secure and rugged. Will see what a week of use brings.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 04:53 AM