Good day all. I have been looking for a Canadian News App that will work on our Passports. I have Euronews and CNN installed and working. I did install CBC News from YALP, it installed, started up and then crashed every time I attempted to open an article or video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    11-20-19 01:25 PM
    Good day all. I have been looking for a Canadian News App that will work on our Passports. I have Euronews and CNN installed and working. I did install CBC News from YALP, it installed, started up and then crashed every time I attempted to open an article or video. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    All these past months, that’s what I thought CNN stood for. Plus, I thought Canada became a USA territory under Trump anyway ;-D
    11-20-19 01:27 PM
    Ahhh, no! What I am looking for is a much less biased news outlet to compliment Euronews while offering more Canadian centric news content and balanced reporting other than the typical partisan hack pseudo News outlets like CNN and FOX. Hopefully BB10 still has something left.

Posted via my Passport
    11-20-19 01:35 PM
    Ahhh, no! What I am looking for is a much less biased news outlet to compliment Euronews while offering more Canadian centric news content and balanced reporting other than the typical partisan hack pseudo News outlets like CNN and FOX. Hopefully BB10 still has something left.

Posted via my Passport
    Well if CBC doesn’t support BB10 and BB in general, oh never mind... things will get better once y’all ratify statehood.
    11-20-19 01:47 PM

Posted via my Passport
    If I were you, and I've said before, use a website shortcut to the news site of your choice. I have a mobile web app link to ABC, CBC, FoxNews, CTV and use the super fast text only (low-bandwith) CNN site. Also have a link to BNN Bloomberg. Believe me, your Passport will become bogged down if you keep adding these sub-par android apks.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-20-19 02:44 PM
    Point taken. Will try that method. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    11-20-19 02:46 PM
    What Brookie said! Would also add that NPR has a text only site. Perfect for BB10!

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-20-19 02:49 PM

Posted via my Passport
    I use a newsreader (like Feedly) and subscribe to multiple feeds, including CTV. They are pretty middle of the road. CBC is just left-wing trash.
    11-20-19 02:49 PM
    CBC is just left-wing trash.
    Haha .. as you can see from my list above I like to get BOTH sides of the story.
    11-20-19 02:51 PM
    I use a newsreader (like Feedly) and subscribe to multiple feeds, including CTV. They are pretty middle of the road. CBC is just left-wing trash.
    As opposed to right-wing trash? Nice to get two sides of the trashcan.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-20-19 02:52 PM
    As opposed to right-wing trash? Nice to get two sides of the trashcan.

Posted via CB10
    Haha .. as you can see from my list above I like to get BOTH sides of the story.
    If I wanted both "sides", I'd get CBC and Sun News.

I like a balance - like CTV and Globe and Mail.
    11-20-19 02:52 PM
    What Brookie said! Would also add that NPR has a text only site. Perfect for BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Yep - I forgot NRP - I have that one also. Man, I sure wish we could get more of those low-bandwidth, text only services. No ads are wonderful! Speed is terrific!
    11-20-19 02:53 PM
    If I wanted both sides, I'd get CBC and Sun News.

I like a balance - like CTV and Globe and Mail.
    K. You're quoting two attempts at humour.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-19 02:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know. I'm just adding more anyway.
    anon(5597702) and brookie229 like this.
    11-20-19 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least he didn't say Breitbart and InfoWars
    11-20-19 02:56 PM
    Yep - I forgot NRP - I have that one also. Man, I sure wish we could get more of those low-bandwidth, text only services. No ads are wonderful! Speed is terrific!
    That's the beauty of RSS - almost all text.
    11-20-19 02:58 PM
    Well, kinda. A lot of times they show a snippet of the news article then you have to open it up in a separate browser window to see the rest anyways.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-19 02:59 PM
    If I were you, and I've said before, use a website shortcut to the news site of your choice. I have a mobile web app link to ABC, CBC, FoxNews, CTV and use the super fast text only (low-bandwith) CNN site. Also have a link to BNN Bloomberg. Believe me, your Passport will become bogged down if you keep adding these sub-par android apks.
    Which browser do you use? I used the native browser and I keep getting the message that some media not supported. Is this just normal behaviour for BB10? If so, so be it. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    11-20-19 03:00 PM
    Well, kinda. A lot of times they show a snippet of the news article then you have to open it up in a separate browser window to see the rest anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Then I use reader mode in my browser.
    Will try that also. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    I have RSS also but not using it quite as much. I find lots of the feeds require too much "drilling down" to get to the story and then some of the sites don't display all that well on the browser. But I do use it on occasion. Could also be the feeds I've selected, not sure.
    11-20-19 03:01 PM
    Then I use reader mode in my browser.
    OK. So the main benefits are some text and collecting several news sources into one feed? I tried it for awhile and it didn't feel any more convenient than sending links to the home screen. But good call on reader mode; worth using on heavier sites.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-19 03:01 PM
    OK. So the main benefits are some text and collecting several news sources into one feed? I tried it for awhile and it didn't feel any more convenient than sending links to the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    Well, it's certainly better than a collection of specific news apps.

I can basically triage a dozen news sources in text mode (at once), and then read only what I want - in browser reader mode.
    11-20-19 03:03 PM
    Well, it's certainly better than a collection of specific news apps.

I can basically triage a dozen news sources in text mode, and then read only what I want - in browser reader mode.
    Agree when comparing to news apps. I was comparing to collected home screen links.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-19 03:04 PM
    Which browser do you use? I used the native browser and I keep getting the message that some media not supported. Is this just normal behaviour for BB10? If so, so be it. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    The native browser - any yes you will quite often get the "media not supported " message. I'm more into reading the text and not the video so I just click ok and then read the news underneath. Some sites, such as Fox News the video will play fine (slow starting though) and others not so much. BNN Bloomberg, for instance, shows the "media not supported" but then if you tap the error window and then tap the media arrow for video, it will play fine. It's really a mixed bag.
    11-20-19 03:12 PM
53 123