I’ve always been a Blackberry fan though I’ve only owned the Classic. Thought I would get a Passport just to mess around with. I know that BB10 doesn’t have much support anymore and it wouldn’t be really good for anything other than emails, sms messages, and a few other things but if I found one at the right price it would be something to share with the kids one day...lol. Found a Att Passport for $80. Supposed to go meet the guy tomorrow to check it out. Wanted to know if there was anything I really needed to look for? I read that most Blackberrys are tied to an account so I want to make sure it’s not locked or anything. Any tips and advice would be appreciated!
    12-27-17 04:53 PM
    Yep--make sure that Blackberry Protect is disabled so that the device can be set up with your BBID or else it's a brick. Maybe if you can, check the battery condition using an app and/or BBVE in BB World. That's difficult to do if the phone is not set up though, obviously. Since the phone is 2-3 years old I would be concerned with the battery life.
    12-27-17 05:02 PM
    Make sure you put your sim card in it and make sure you can get a good signal.

Thoroughly test this.

A lot of Passports, and especially the AT&T model, have developed a hardware failure that we call the "emergency calls only disease". The phone will not be able to reliably pick up a signal and there is no solution except for replacement of the motherboard.
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-27-17 05:15 PM
    I’ve always been a Blackberry fan though I’ve only owned the Classic. Thought I would get a Passport just to mess around with. I know that BB10 doesn’t have much support anymore and it wouldn’t be really good for anything other than emails, sms messages, and a few other things but if I found one at the right price it would be something to share with the kids one day...lol. Found a Att Passport for $80. Supposed to go meet the guy tomorrow to check it out. Wanted to know if there was anything I really needed to look for? I read that most Blackberrys are tied to an account so I want to make sure it’s not locked or anything. Any tips and advice would be appreciated!
    Is your account with AT&T? If yes, then check out imei to verify not blacklisted and see above other CB suggestions, they're all important to follow.

If you're not on AT&T, pass since carrier unlocked leaves you little recourse with your carrier. Only buy factory unlocked if you're not on AT&T nowadays....
    12-27-17 05:43 PM
    Well I ended up not getting it. Met the guy today and he had told me that it was a 9 out of 10. More like a 6 or 7. It had quite a few scuffs and scratch’s on the back and a few dings on the side. It also was still tied to his account (he said it just needed to be plugged into a PC to wipe everything). And I put a SIM card in it but it wouldn’t dial out. I passed. I’ll keep looking. Thanks everyone for the tips.
    12-28-17 06:18 PM
    Hi. I have a spare white pp like new and a spare red that's a 9. Just slight marks on edge from case

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    12-28-17 06:43 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 10:09 PM
    I use unlocked ATT Passport on T mobile and it works flawlessly.
    01-02-18 08:01 PM