Look! My battery life now without android apps-img_20141227_151055.png
    Look! My battery life now without android apps-img_20141227_151038.png
    No over heating. No battery dive. My battery life is at 30+ hours, compare to 12-16 hours with android apps.
    But I cannot live without my onenote, vnc, and video downloader.

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    nademon likes this.
    12-27-14 01:14 AM
    There are VNC and video downloader applications on BlackBerry World. Cannot help you with One Note unfortunately.
    12-27-14 02:25 AM
    For FREE. I don't buy apps.

12-27-14 02:35 AM
    There are VNC and video downloader applications on BlackBerry World. Cannot help you with One Note unfortunately.
    Can you please provide the names of the software?

I find some of the apps in BlackBerry world are android ports!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 02:36 AM

Feeling entitled? You must be a secret Android fan. Give up some for free swag.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 03:01 AM
    Sorry sounds rude. For FREE?

DocGo likes this.
    12-27-14 03:03 AM

Ah right, the modern "I want everything, but I don't want to pay for it!" mentality.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh, Traxxmy, bb10_fan and 1 others like this.
    12-27-14 08:07 AM
    We're you leaving the Android Apps in active frames? Did they have processes running in the background? Did those apps show up in your Device Monitor as using up your battery?

I have several apps downloaded through Snap, and keep a couple of them in Active Frames all day long. Tapatalk and FaceBook Pages Manager, and I notice no battery difference then the days where I don't keep them there. I still easily go a day and a half without charging.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 09:39 AM
    We're you leaving the Android Apps in active frames? Did they have processes running in the background? Did those apps show up in your Device Monitor as using up your battery?

I have several apps downloaded through Snap, and keep a couple of them in Active Frames all day long. Tapatalk and FaceBook Pages Manager, and I notice no battery difference then the days where I don't keep them there. I still easily go a day and a half without charging.

Posted via CB10
    I closed my android apps all the time. I even close them at the device monitor processes. What OS are you?
    I used to have many android apps such as onenote, vnc, vuze, pockets, and cobalt lucky patcher. And I have also a couple junk android apps because of my contacts duplicate need to find solution with android apps. It turns out that my Passport is overheating even without using it. It was on my pocket all day. But it depleting fast. 12 hours of battery life.
    Now, installed leaked os 1154 without android apps, my battery life up to 30+ hours.

12-27-14 09:59 AM
    I usually close out all my apps and not use active windows

My phone does get hot and I'm starting to believe it's the endroid apps. But then as the apps listed in BlackBerry world may be android ports, we are almost always just one app away from battery drain.

How do I know if the app I am looking at in BlackBerry world is a port or not?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:11 AM
    I usually close out all my apps and not use active windows

My phone does get hot and I'm starting to believe it's the endroid apps. But then as the apps listed in BlackBerry world may be android ports, we are almost always just one app away from battery drain.

How do I know if the app I am looking at in BlackBerry world is a port or not?

Posted via CB10
    From my experience if it's a port then it will have the bottom black bar to navigate back. For example: the Skype app is a port, Android Central is a port.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:59 AM
    So I am assuming you don't use port programs then? The ones with a black bar on the bottom?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:27 AM
    I too have noticed this since the early days of BB10. Not only on the 10.3.1.1154 leaked OS, but official 10.1 and 10.2.X, as well. The phone gets really warm (continued use does get it to the point of being hot if the battery lasts), and eventually the battery power plummets. That's why I have stopped using Android ports from BBAW, or Snap. The only one I have is the Amazon App Store, which I make sure is not running (from the Device Monitor). It is unfortunate that BB10 users have to opt for paid third-party options at the moment. But it is what it is.
    12-27-14 11:41 AM
    So I am assuming you don't use port programs then? The ones with a black bar on the bottom?

Posted via CB10
    No I do. I have several Android ports on my Passport. Those two that I stated in my previous reply as an example.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 11:53 AM
    Okay I must feel first my phone without android apps. Then slowly, I will, someday, install android apps with android task manager (someone told me in this forum.) so that I can feel the difference on my battery. I'm now in vacation. When I will get to my office computer. I will post here my results. And my solution to the problem. I solved my duplicate problem with luck. I hope my battery problem too!

12-27-14 07:37 PM

How are you with coding your own ?

Posted via CB10
    pituCaleya likes this.
    12-27-14 10:19 PM
    Can you please provide the names of the software?

I find some of the apps in BlackBerry world are android ports!

Posted via CB10
    I cannot unfortunately as I haven't searched thoroughly for them. I haven't had use for them yet.
    12-27-14 10:23 PM
    If you were on 1151, i believe that was your problem, I had the same battery problem on that build. 1154 solved it so you should be able to install your android apps.
    engrbugs likes this.
    12-27-14 10:45 PM
    If you were on 1151, i believe that was your problem, I had the same battery problem on that build. 1154 solved it so you should be able to install your android apps.
    Okay I'll try. I hope it is in 1151 build

12-28-14 02:23 AM
    what I am wondering is if anybody has found an Android Device Monitor similar to the stock BB one. I have noticed while using Task Manager from Snap (also on in BBW) that several android apps run processes through the day, it doesnt seem to be a big deal on wifi but when I am at work the signal is not as great so everytime my signal drops and comes back a bunch of apps reconnect..

So far my only solution is to delete them, but i am wondering if any device monitor can track android properly as another reason is I will play Spotify on my drive home and 10% battery will leave but in stock device manager it says spotify only uses 0.62% while in reality I just think BB isnt logging it properly and putting all the usage under System

ALSO side not, it is not just android apps downloaded from Snap or amazon but also android ports to BBW, I have Mega file storage from BBW which is a port and it constantly runs processes in the background
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 02-17-15 at 01:12 PM.
    02-17-15 12:57 PM
    If you go to application permission, you can click on the app and choose to turn off "Run when application is minimized"
    This only works for some app as it will make you restart the app i think and kill any King games in progress... But apps like, Amazon Appstore and stuff that does not need to run minimized would see some benefits.

Edit: Just tested on Farm Heroes Saga and it seems to be fine.
    02-17-15 01:05 PM
    ok I dont have 10.3.1 so I will have to wait until I get my update to test that on my phone.. Thanks

So theres still no way to truely monitor the Android runtime? For like proper battery usage?
    02-17-15 01:14 PM
    In that seven hours your phone was on you had barely used it given screen is only 5% of battery life. So of course it looks better. There is no comparison picture shown for the exact same usage conditions with android apps installed.

I'm not saying they don't contribute to drain. But my average is currently over 24 hours, and I use a lot of android apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 09:01 PM
    Based on my experience, not every android app contributes to the huge drop in battery life. When my passport's battery life dropped to like 10 hours, I uninstalled all of the android apps that I installed before the battery life went crap and checked one by one to see which was the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:41 PM
    Based on my experience, not every android app contributes to the huge drop in battery life. When my passport's battery life dropped to like 10 hours, I uninstalled all of the android apps that I installed before the battery life went crap and checked one by one to see which was the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    I believe this to be true too, when I check with Task Manager I will see Mega a lot but never Spideroak. Or News360 but never IGN. Sometimes Where's Waldo or Deus Ex... but there is still lots of android apps I never see run in the background

*Z30 STA100-5 10.2.1.2977/3247*
    02-17-15 11:17 PM
31 12