Hey, guys I have a story I thought I would share with the comunity that has helped me a lot the last month with my transition.

Prior to October, I was a long time Android user. I would switch phones every five months or so and change roms weekly. in October sold my S6 edge I had for two months and decided to try out a Priv because my father was always raving about how he loves his Passport.

I had the Priv for one month and fell in love with BlackBerry. Last week I found a Passport og the for sale for $100 and decided to try bb10, with the full intention of just putting the Passport away when I was done playing with it. I was very wrong. I fell in love with bb10 and the Passport. I love everything about the software and hardware and with Playstore installed for a few Android apps I needed I was sold.

Tonight I listed my Priv on Kijiji and traded it for a Passport SE and some cash. I am just amazed at the Passport SE. It is easily the best phone I have ever had and I know it will be the phone I use for a very long time.

I just thought you guys would enjoy how a simple choice to try a "weird looking Android phone with a keyboard " ended up converting a long time, stubborn Android fanboy.

Sent from my not quite obsolete BlackBerry Passport
    ahhhlain, dmlis, Adam Rees and 3 others like this.
    11-20-16 07:01 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy BB10 and the Passport.
    11-20-16 07:33 PM
    I can see that happening actually. It's great to hear those stories - I have a black passport and the priv. The passport is hands down better build quality and bb10 is rock solid without all the crappy parts of android. I would love it if google services would work for some google apps like hangouts but otherwise it's such pleasure to work on this phone. I am so close to buying an SE because of the discounts.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 07:42 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. BB10 may be on its way out, but it's still a good OS.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-21-16 09:58 AM
    This is a nice story. Technology success and failure is rarely about the functionality. Advertising, 'cool' factor, apps...people buy what others buy, or what they are told to buy, not what's best.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-21-16 10:29 AM
    This makes me happy. I want the Priv so much but it is entirely for the form fact. Ironically that I don't want it because of the "smart in the phone". My Classic/Passport duo gives me more smarts than I know what to do with. I really don't need apps...

Oh, if only the Priv would have had a BB10 variant... oh well. "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!"
    ahhhlain likes this.
    11-21-16 10:30 AM
    Congratulations, it really is a great messaging and file management platform. I am tempted to transfer back to the Classic and simplify the life. I hate getting swept up in social media and cloud services these days.
    11-21-16 10:33 AM
    I really love blackberry and passport but app gap is only reason that I am switching back and forth. I hope 10.3.3 update will update the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 02:01 PM
    I really love blackberry and passport but I hope 10.3.3 update will update the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Don't hold your breath.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 03:37 PM
    I can understand why this conversion happened, probably. I was very enthusiastic about Android in its early years, but quickly realised that it was "too much" for me. Great for tinkering, fine tuning, rooting tricks, trying each and every app... but no so good for work. And habits change as one grows older.
    My second phone today is Motorola Defy with Android 2.3 - and I don't care about updates, I just keep this device because of IP67. BB10, on the other hand, is probably the most convenient OS for me ever. I say "probably", because I loved Palm OS and I still think that webOS could be developed in great system. As for the Passport - it meets all my expectations as mobile user. It is a tool. Toys live in innards of my Playstation.
    11-23-16 04:42 PM
    I can understand why this conversion happened, probably. I was very enthusiastic about Android in its early years, but quickly realised that it was "too much" for me. Great for tinkering, fine tuning, rooting tricks, trying each and every app... but no so good for work. And habits change as one grows older.
    My second phone today is Motorola Defy with Android 2.3 - and I don't care about updates, I just keep this device because of IP67. BB10, on the other hand, is probably the most convenient OS for me ever. I say "probably", because I loved Palm OS and I still think that webOS could be developed in great system. As for the Passport - it meets all my expectations as mobile user. It is a tool. Toys live in innards of my Playstation.
    Soon you will also grow tired of the Playstation! Not the passport though!

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    11-23-16 04:47 PM
    I have been a blackberry user since 07 but have used many android devices over the years as well. I love my g5. But can't seem to completely let go of bb10 it just feels right. If only apps were not an issue it would be such an amazing and efficient os. But it just never took off the way we hoped. BlackBerry 10 will forever be my favorite os the......at least until BlackBerry comes out with a new BlackBerry One line that shoots to the top...... oh I'll stop dreaming again. Anyways enjoy and welcome

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 06:18 AM
    I am with BlackBerry since 8 years now and 1 year on BlackBerry Passport... it's extremely excellent

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 06:44 AM
    Welcome! Thx for sharing your tale. BB10 is indeed an awesome OS. No plans here to use anything else. More so now since watching Snowden's interview earlier this month. Don't want to be running 'the Google'.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 07:51 AM